As of now, are you planning on playing/buying ASA?

Karadeniz

Brazil here. Yes the regional pricing whent out the window.
It did doubled for sure, from 100 Reais to 200 Reais.
On my friends list only one person bought it, and this person is not from Brazil.
If I am not mistaken for an US person to buy the game, they will pay little over 3% of the US's minimum wage.
Here in Brazil we need to pay over 15% of our minimum wage.
It really sucks.
The regional prices are really important for us here and for people in many countries.
With regional pricing, we are not paying less, we are paying what is fair.
There is a whole lot of world out there outside US and Europe. We should have the right to pay a fair price for games, we love games too.

Edited by Firk

7 minutes ago, Firk said:

Brazil here. Yes the regional pricing whent out the window.
It did doubled for sure, from 100 Reais to 200 Reais.
On my friends list only one person bought it, and this person is not from Brazil.
If I am not mistaken for an US person to buy the game, they will pay little over 3% of the US's minimum wage.
Here in Brazil we need to pay over 15% of our minimum wage.
It really sucks.
The regional prices are really important for us here and for people in many countries.
With regional pricing, we are not paying less, we are paying what is fair.
There is a whole lot of world out there outside US and Europe. We should have the right to pay a fair price for games, we love games too.

Yep,but in turkey and argentina in november 20 the price become dollar again,no more regional price

So, prices in Brazil literally doubled on steam from a couple of hours ago, and i haven't seen any announcement about it telling the reason to. I could only log in now to steam and because i was busy i have to pay double the amount of someone who got it three hours early? Do anyone have an explanation or at least a reason for it? I could understand if the servers were stable now or it was better optmized, but if i buy now it'll be the exact same game as it was three hours ago.

Ignore baldurs gate 3 on the second print.

imagem_2023-10-26_152832861.png

image.png

Just curious as to what peoples views/opinions are at the moment.

Feels like they have definitely "muddied the waters" quite a bit with console players. 

Now the nitrado server situation. (Snail?)

So, are you still planning on playing the game if you already have it?

Are you going to buy it if you don't?

Appreciate all the responses. 🙂

12 minutes ago, arkgerman1975 said:

Hi ja ich werde es kaufen, einen eigenen Server brauche ich nicht und mieten schon mal gar nicht.das Spiel ist noch am Anfang und kann noch weit aus besser werden.Das ich noch nicht spielen kann ist wohl enttäuschend aber kein Weltuntergang.

It's a remake in a different engine of a game they already had.
There's nothing new about it, it's purely a remaster, so the quality they released it in is absolutely not defend-able.

• Like 1

Hi ja ich werde es kaufen, einen eigenen Server brauche ich nicht und mieten schon mal gar nicht.das Spiel ist noch am Anfang und kann noch weit aus besser werden.Das ich noch nicht spielen kann ist wohl enttäuschend aber kein Weltuntergang. Ase hatte ich aber kostenlos gehabt und es waren tolle 5000 Spiel Stunden,daher ist es für mich ok wenn ich 40€ bezahle und dafür wieder viele tolle Jahre damit verbringen kann 

Agree with everyone.

I have around 4k hours into ASE myself and truly love the game. 

From what I've seen so far from YouTube vids, it looks like just enough was changed to validate calling it a remaster. Does it look good, yes, but was it worth losing everything and buying the new one?

I do not agree with the price differential in areas.

I think the server situation is greedy bs and unacceptable.

SInce it is all about the money, let's try to share (or whatever else we can do)this post/thread/forum and make it as popular as we can. The more people who comment, the more weight it carries. Maybe, just maybe, this will give someone in the "higher ups" an "oh poop" moment if theu see their precious money possibly going out the window. 

Much love survivors, I hope things get better. Very sad indeed. 

100% will buy it and play it. Im not as overly sensitive as a lot of other people over these "problems" and recognize that the game was being released as a "early access" game like last time so fully expect it to be broken, just like last time. Also have zero issues with Nitrado and think people are just purposefully acting like they do because they don't want to use them. 

• Facepalm 4

12 minutes ago, UDGxKnight said:

Also have zero issues with Nitrado and think people are just purposefully acting like they do because they don't want to use them. 

I've owned a server cluster for almost as long as ark has been out.  I've used at least 5 different server hosts, including self hosting for a time.  We had Nitrado for 6 months and had nothing but problems with lag, ddos attacks and customer support.  We've been with our current host for 2 years, which includes other games that are not ark.  it took a long time to find one we truly loved that had no issues and had dedicated people at the helm.  Has Nitrado gotten better in the last 3 years?  maybe, but considering they were just bought out by a mega corp that only cares about money, i doubt it.  You do what you want with your money, but you got no say in what others feel.    

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pizzalicious said:

First ASA was supposed to be free

Second ASA was to be combined with Ark 2

Third ASA was going to be 29.99

Fourth now its more with Nitrado having control over EVERY Server, Official and Unofficial.

No thanks ASA, Ill stick with ASE

Same , There is almost no difference anyway except graphics

Edited by Karadeniz