ARK: Survival Ascended is Live on Steam!!

StudioWildcard

I aware many people in the community are upset by the performance of the launch. However, ASE also had a troublesome launch. If you can guys can get the game to a stable performance on pc when the console versions come out.  I will have no complaints. If not, the complaint will be that you guys rushed your product before it was ready. Other than that, I have full faith that you guys can make this game as great, if not better than ASE. 

5 minutes ago, KyrineKrystal said:

I aware many people in the community are upset by the performance of the launch. However, ASE also had a troublesome launch. If you can guys can get the game to a stable performance on pc when the console versions come out.  I will have no complaints. If not, the complaint will be that you guys rushed your product before it was ready. Other than that, I have full faith that you guys can make this game as great, if not better than ASE. 

people are really badly upset for what is basically the death of unofficial.

This is far more than an exclusive agreement to nitrado for game hosting services.

performance issues and bugs can be expected on a EA game..

15 hours ago, LuckyPed said:

They can't set a date coz they don't know.

It's very clear man, very simple and clear lol

the bigger the project, the more problem it might have that you can not expect, the more freedom you need.

coding and game development is not like making a movie or drawing where u can have a clear estimate coz so many unexpected can happen. giving a clear date simply mean you are putting a big pressure and possible disappointment on the line.

Ofcourse, they could say something like 20 or 30th November, give themselves a big gap of time so they are sure they can do it in that time, but if they think they might do it earlier, giving such a late time is just gonna make people mad.

I agree, I am learning to code and it is hard! Takes time... But I am still disappointed, I checked for the game multiple times, yesterday and today, please try to finish it up quickly?

Edited by Galexme
Decided to add to my very short reply

15 hours ago, Rep said:

I have some very heated feelings towards the years of anti consumer decisions made by Wild card over the years so I would be the last person to step in to defend them but on this topic specifically i have to say something.

One of the inherent benefits of PC gaming is literally the ease of applying patches and updates.

Not sure why you would get upset or offended that they were able to push the PC version out? Has nothing to do with what kind of PC you have or what you can afford, heck a PS5 is like the same cost of a mid range PC nowadays. 

Sorry you can't play with us but this is one of the very reasons I prefer to PC game to begin with for the ease of mods and patches. Not really a wildcard thing and to hold it back from PC players for no reason would be a worse idea.

Think of it as us beta testing the roughest version before it gets to console.

🤮

• Facepalm 1

It's going to take a lot to regain the trust of the community after the past year.  It's nice that the game was released last night, but you never told us that it was dropping.  Instead, we had to extrapolate a date from public documents revolving around your financial issues, and EVEN THEN we weren't sure if it was ever going to drop.

ASA issues aside, the issue of banning players for no reason has NEVER BEEN ADDRESSED. 

This has all been completely INSANE.

Once again wildcard not meeting a deadline though what else to expect.  Though I'm not mad with the developers at WC, they tried their best things just happen sometimes, try to give them a little less hate . Though I'd wish they give us a rough date for release on console. Only complaint in game from what I've seen is character faces are really wacky looking. See you survivors when asa drops we'll make sure to bring the party.😃

• Facepalm 1

Hello WC, hello Snails, hello mad or positive players. After >7k hrs PC and >5k hrs ps4/5, there is nothing new on bugs, delays or lags. Root players were used to it, if the benefit of playing together had higher value for us. Even if were banned for no reason for many times. Not a fail of wc, just less smart admins, I suppose. As mentioned above, this game is great in multiplayer.

Hey wc, can you give us more info on cross-platform play?

It was not clear. Thx for your time. Looks like we will need all to restart progress on asa when this will be ready. 

Hoping, you can benefit on our gameplay feedback and correct all early access bugs that we will be for sure facing. Our community is already reduced to 25% or less after ark1 shutdown, but rest of us still wanna have a fun and help new players 😉 this was always fun, except those mad that were so negative when we're loosing progress. And they lost real friends instead of it, cuz it's just a game.

Dear Studio Wildcard,

Nitrado? Really? Of all the server providers to give exclusivity to... anyway, what about private dedicated? There is a ton of hearsay and rumor-milling on the internet saying that we won't be able to host our own private dedicated servers, as we did with Ark Survival Evolved. In all those forum posts and nerd raging forums, nobody seems to have any concrete information, so I will ask you here (and through your 'contact us' form). Are we going to be able to host our own private dedicated servers (without having to buy multiple copies of the game) or did you completely sell us out?

The idea that the water and grasses will move when a creature or player interacts with it is SO INCREDIBLY STUPID in an mmo.  Think of the massive lag spikes that will be happening all the time.  You removed the animations of plant species X because of the lag that it creates but have decided to introduce more lag inducing crap for the sake of realism just to remove it again.  

All official servers better be wiped on console launch day if you plan on keeping crossplay fair and competitive.

But whatever I imagine it will be a late December launch for consoles at best, given Snail games record or Wildcards.  

22 hours ago, TheBudMonk said:

If pc remains a month ahead of us I will not be buying your game you better reset all of those official servers or you're about to loose a huge chunk of your player base.

They don’t get access to the crossplay servers until we do. They explained that pretty well by saying consoles are delayed, plus they can’t play with consoles anyway after that until December. Not until Scorched Earth Releases. So We’ll be in fair match ups for time.

19 hours ago, EeetWontFlush said:

To those defending Wildcard... I have this to say...I do have a PC and I am still a little upset. I was hoping to play with all my friends and family on a private server at launch but my less wealthy/fortunate friends and family have consoles. I mean...why tell us that we were "still on track for an October release" If we in fact are not on track for an October release. Because it has been asked repeatedly over the previous weeks. That is where any remaining faith has been lost.

That’s not necessarily true, I’m console and I am ‘defending’ them in your words, though not mine. In my opinion it’s just the facts. They got certified and were ready to release. They caught something that would’ve been detrimental for multiplayer console players and maybe even single player that they had to delay it to fix it. I mean it’s not hard to understand. I am upset yes, but I would rather be upset over a delayed and working game over a game released on time. But was unplayable and had to be delayed a few hours after releasing it on console and have my entire gaming experience ruined and my time with Ark be ruined and wasted. I’m a veteran of this and would’ve hated that to happen. So seeing it delayed because WC found a problem WC, Microsoft and Sony missed is better than them not catching it before it released.

Edited by OverRannus
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, Riot87 said:

Are we going to be getting TLCs any time soon for like the giga quetz and megalodon? I know AsA just released but I was curious if we would be getting any, any time soon.

They said as soon as the creatures votes are over for all maps from ASE, so ETA is unknown. However I assume 4 or 5 months maybe to start seeing TLCs. Though some creatures might just get immediate attention with Mods like the Paleo mod, which has an Amazing looking Giga and I think (don’t quote me on this) are working on other creatures soon too.