Community Crunch 384: Dreadnoughtus Concept Art!

StudioWildcard

10 hours ago, MMaas said:

When it was announced that Grove Street was getting involved I was initialy thinking like you.
That studio had little experience with upgrading games, they specialized in ports to mobile I believe and they indeed completely failed with GTA.
As I understand the coörperation with WC was mostly porting ARK to the Switch, wich they did good. It does not seem they have a huge role in development of ASA or ARK2 besides mobile or Switch ports.
Another thing they are not doing is making ASA trailers so I'm a bit confused about they point you are trying to make.

That they intentionally held back the gta trilogy remaster because it wasn't good. And this is why there's been no gameplay trailer and why there won't be one till a day or two before Asa launch. And ark on nintendo switch was labeled the worst switch game ever up until recently when it got patched to hell.  Wildcard has litteraly lied to me and everyone else for 7 straight years now and their gonna continue to do it till enough people tell them to go screw themselves.

Edited by atom357
  • Like 1

Hello people,

I am new to this site an technology hates me. What I have to ask doesn't pertain to this article. I need help though. Iv talk to several different sites an they point me here now. I have a switch system an have played ark for almost 2 yrs now. For the past 2 was my game has been constantly crashing. Either while I try to save or even while in play. I play single player not on the server. It's so bad now I barely get to play 5 minutes an then I get a server error that something went wrong no communication with server an kicks out to menu. We have trouble shooter, deleted an reinstalled, corruption check an nothing. Please I need help. I love my game an have some very important character (dragon) that means a lot to mean. The wk I starred playing I started scorched earth during valentines I hated my first dragon egg an then found out my favorite YouTube Thick 44 with neebs gaming passed. I don't want to loose him. Please if anyone can help it will be greatly appreciated!

Witam. Rozumie graczy, którzy się denerwują, że nie ma żadnego zwiastuna. Oby  Wild Card dotrzymalo słowa i gra wyjdzie pod koniec tej miesiąca bo chce już pograć. Nie zepsujcie tego. A co do nowego dinka jest super jak cala gra . Czekamy Wild Card nie zepsujcie tego . Pozdrawiam 

Edited by Rex4646
  • Confused 1

3 hours ago, atom357 said:

That they intentionally held back the gta trilogy remaster because it wasn't good. And this is why there's been no gameplay trailer and why there won't be one till a day or two before Asa launch.

They did not intentionaly "held back" they just blew it but I realy don't see why this is making WC (not Grove) holding back the trailer, GTA got nothing to do with this.

3 hours ago, atom357 said:

... ark on nintendo switch was labeled the worst switch game ever up until recently when it got patched to hell.  Wildcard has litteraly lied to me and everyone else for 7 straight years now and their gonna continue to do it till enough people tell them to go screw themselves.

Correct, it sucked at launch.
But who did the fixing? I think that was not WC but Grove doing what they do best: Making heavy games run on limitted hardware.

17 hours ago, AngelusGrim said:

Been playing for a couple years now. Never really got on this page mostly watched youtubers covering the details. First time in a long while I've been excited for a game release. I could forgive the no trailer release if it wasn't stated that the trailer is already finished. This has been the only modern day game I could easily sink thousands of hours into and still enjoy. All that being said I made an account here after coming to the websites in hope of a trailer that has no business being delayed with no explanation. I've been around long enough to know not to trust the promises made by the wildcard studios. It seems I was foolish to think the expansion of the franchise meant we could expect a more prompt and professional demeanor from this studio. While the accolades of the devs and the franchise are something to be proud of the relationship with their community has been tarnished. No matter how good a game is if you cannot meet the expectations of your consumers/community it is doomed to fail. I for one have lost a considerable amount of enthusiasm and drive to play even ASE. (Recently started over to try to beat the game before the release of ASA) 

It's just poor leadership and decision making in wildcard top down. They have no transparency and hide all of their plans behind doors like they are nuclear launch codes. We need another company to step up and make a dino survival game so we can finally leave this disappointment behind. 

• Sad 1

Are you serious right now? We are a little over 1 week away from the supposed launch of ASA and we dont have a launch trailer. Hell we dont even know the system requirements. If this game doesnt come out by the end of october then ASE will be dead because of the contract they signed with Nitrado. 

We got no information whatsoever. What gives.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

As I said, the only reason I think this is happening is because 1 the game is dead close to the original, 2 the game has tons of old bugs and now new bugs they want to hide. 3 their not ready to release the game to all platforms. I Still say Pc will be the only ones that will see this game next week. Because of nat. Contact. This also means the games will most likely not be ready or run well. But we will see.  They have been stalling. Hmmmm I still say this might be the biggest scam in gaming history to date. Honestly I love to be proven wrong. I would proudly endorse and promote this game if I am wrong.

20 hours ago, Arambourgiania said:

ASA will be out in like a week at this point so you don't have long to wait for gameplay.

You’re missing the point. No one knows what to expect in terms of performance and it’s a worrying prospect given the track record of this company and its parent company. Months of no substantial proof that things will run as they should from wildcard doesn’t instill confidence

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Wildcard's marketing strategy. 

WC-I want you to buy this product 

Public-Can we see it?

WC-Sure here is a tree 

Public-That looks almost as good as 2008's Crysis 1

( which for your Muppets 75% of games in the last decade and half has not manged to do, plus they were demolishable. This is not an insult but rather a compliment)

WC-How dare you! Fine than you get nothing but still buy our product.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2023 at 8:27 PM, Rocker323 said:

As people beg for a trailer, SOMETHING, WC offers skins for Ark Wiki…….

0/10 communication.

If WC sold ice cream they would let it sit in the sun all day and then try to convince people they could just refreeze it when they got home. 

The themeing is not made by Wildcard, they were made by 2 volunteers within the community. It has 0 impact on ASA promotion or production, ASA's release is simply a good opportunity to freshen the wiki up

Edited by TheEclipseee
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Very disappointed in the entire process WC. Terrible way to treat a loyal fan base. You should have left ASE official servers alone until ASA launch. You've given us nothing in the last month and I don't care about new dossiers until I can see them in game..... Keep dangling carrots in front of our noses, SMH.

Edited by xSURFZOMBIEX

12 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

You’re missing the point. No one knows what to expect in terms of performance and it’s a worrying prospect given the track record of this company and its parent company. Months of no substantial proof that things will run as they should from wildcard doesn’t instill confidence

Honestly i think launching on all platforms at the same time is too much for Wildcard. Even Larian didnt do that with BG3 and they are a much larger game studio with many more developers than Wildcard has. They may have bitten off a bit too much. I guess time will tell. Im expecting it to be bad but im hoping it wont be.

....dont be upset today when you will be so much more excited tomorrow! Snake oil salesman's mantra. A snake oil salesman is someone who sells, promotes, or is a general proponent of some valueless or fraudulent cure, remedy, or solution. That is the discord response given out when you said i cant get on your level cause something gooder is coming xD The level of effort is dwindling. If so much is coming out why run on empty this close to it? You should be rolling out the red carpet if you plan on generating the funds needed to get ark 2 even going. You are trying to convince everyone that starting over is fun, and that changing the QoL is a good challenge. i also doubt vinny boy is cheap to bring in. Don't drop the ball! Hire professionals to see this through not the green horns. Why limit yourself to weekly crunches this close to launch and extralife? You need to create hype and get streams going for the right reason. We should be geeking out now not scratching our heads. Where is your community management team and do they know they way?

• Like 2

On 10/21/2023 at 7:24 AM, Bballer01 said:

Why do you feel the need to address a single person in a public forum just because they didn't agree with your comments in the past and showed it? Do you care that much? Or do you seek confirmation of all the others in here?

Plus, you know you are in bad shape if you spend your time looking at all the reactions of all the posts.

Its called notification that bell at the top right ... if the same name keeps popping up its hard to miss ..... plus they have been reacting alot the past few crunches  - its also called memory not in a 'bad way' lol and nope wouldn't care less if i had no reactions at all.

• Like 2