Community Crunch 383: Community-Voted Creature Recap and Community Corner!

StudioWildcard

24 minutes ago, MMaas said:

This community is not tame, we only learned it does not matter what we say. The times it get a decent response or acknowledgement are very rare.

(Edit: compared to many extremely hysterical communities it might look a bit tame :D)

That's what I said, it's tame in comparison. I guess that wasn't clear.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Vaskur said:

I somehow still think, that they try this silence as a marketing strategy. showing nothing, to revt up the tension and then it will blow everyone away, if the final product is shown. It doesn´t work but at the same time it somehow works, becaue despite being frustrated the people are still invested in the matter. Doesn´t make it a good strategy but let´s be honest... it´s hard to tell when the community is pleased, because, let´s be honest, this community likes to be whiney about almost everything 

Ark has already lost too many players with the treatment of ASE - many people that i knew played ase have vowed not to buy asa and if that 'many' people is only a drop in the amount of players its a drop nonetheless - imagine if they had handled ASE closure better if you will ... those SAME people that now will NOT buy ASA myself and friends included would probably be re-buying ASA ... and the positive hype and free advertisement WC / Snail would have got would have been 100 times better than what they have had so far ..... 

Therefore its not the community that is 'whiney' its the treatment they have received from supporting a game they loved and then been snubbed / crapped on and ignored that made them this way.

• Thanks 3

25 minutes ago, Duffmek said:

Ark has already lost too many players with the treatment of ASE - many people that i knew played ase have vowed not to buy asa and if that 'many' people is only a drop in the amount of players its a drop nonetheless - imagine if they had handled ASE closure better if you will ... those SAME people that now will NOT buy ASA myself and friends included would probably be re-buying ASA ... and the positive hype and free advertisement WC / Snail would have got would have been 100 times better than what they have had so far ..... 

Therefore its not the community that is 'whiney' its the treatment they have received from supporting a game they loved and then been snubbed / crapped on and ignored that made them this way.

by whiney I rather refer to behaviour like the constant bragging if there is no evo event, high expectations etc.
Or the classic.. claiming to know what the game is about, and thinking, they know better what fits the game and what not...

Maybe those people won´t preorder or buy at launch. but give it some time and most of the resistance will soften and people will buy it anyways.... given the case it´s actually solid and holds what it promises. 
that´s how it allwys is..
I don´t really care that much about ASA, since it´s just the same stuff as ASE but a bit enhanced. 
Ark 2 seems a bit more interesting from what WC promised. But with ASA about to launch and greedy snail milking the ip, I doubt that we´ll see that within the next five years, if ever...

Who else thinks like I do that shutting down the official servers platform wide was a misstake?

I understand progress should be made but it should have been done gradually. The PC gamer community probable will be fine in general. Considering that if you invested significantly in your gaming PC back in 2015, you can play Unreal 5 engine games today.

However the console gamers probable not. I doubt the majority of Ark console player base posses a Playstation 5 or Xbox series X already. They where released back in 2020 and thanks to COVID-19 up to 2022 hard to get. 

I am wondering how this is going to play out.

Furthermore you have the reality of what the modern gamer encompasses. Very short attention span, this gap of 4-5 weeks might have cost them a portion of the player base. 

In my opinion they should have kept the later released modes as Arkapocalypse, beginner and TSOTF servers running. Console platform servers also running. While testing ASA + cross-platform feature with the PS5/XBOX series X/PC players.

• Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Vaskur said:

I somehow still think, that they try this silence as a marketing strategy. showing nothing, to revt up the tension and then it will blow everyone away, if the final product is shown. It doesn´t work but at the same time it somehow works, becaue despite being frustrated the people are still invested in the matter. Doesn´t make it a good strategy but let´s be honest... it´s hard to tell when the community is pleased, because, let´s be honest, this community likes to be whiney about almost everything 

You're giving WC waaaay too much credit. This isnt 4d chess, they're just abysmal at stuff like this, plain and simple.

Lol "silent marketing" 

Aren't those completely opposing terms?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

You're giving WC waaaay too much credit. This isnt 4d chess, they're just abysmal at stuff like this, plain and simple.

Lol "silent marketing" 

Aren't those completely opposing terms?

I think you misunderstood how I meant that. 
It´s a guess what could be the thought process behind this "strategy", not that it was a good strategy or there is some kind of masterplan behind this mismanagement. 
I have a good friend who thinks like this. Doing things completely different than any normal person would, thinking it´s a super smart move and will work even better than normal... when in fact it´s just straight out stupid. I wouldn´t be surprised if the same was the case here. 😅

Edited by Vaskur

WC you are cutting it awfully close. We have 2 more community crunches before October 31. All we would like to see is some screenshots of actual gameplay or perhaps even a shot video clip of somebody walking up to a Dino. The impression you are giving everyone is that the game is not in a state that can be presented to the public yet. 

• Thanks 1

I’m still in a state of shock over your cryopod stance.

When new users cannot craft a raft because the alpha tribe has maxed out the limit for the sever you’re going to look so stupid….

Cryopods were the SINGLE BIGGEST QOL IMPROVEMENT SINCE RELEASE. It’s so obvious you know next to nothing about your own game….

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Madlax1972 said:

We might habe to redefine the word "abuse".

People have poured THOUSANDS of hours into this game. WC deleted the official servers and gave us NO INFORMATION nor trailers.

People have a right to be upset. When Abberation dropped WC did not even test the Mechs in front of Turret walls. If you had spent 200 hours on the server and you got wiped by a mech within minutes because the turrets didn’t even activate, what would you call that?

I’d call losing 200 hours over an issue WC DIDNT EVEN THINK TO TEST constitute as a form of abuse. 200 hours is a lot of time….

5 hours ago, St1ckyBandit said:

Good god the detail in that new raptor screenshot looks amazing.

Guys how hard would it have been to get that into last weeks CC. Would have been a completely different tone in here.

Im....actually....hyped again. 

maybe they only just finished that bit this week.... which i hope is not the case because that could mean that with it been EA there is very few dinos / terrain complete :(

• Sad 1

18 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Maybe. It keeps getting misused here 🙃

22 hours ago, Rocker323 said:

People have poured THOUSANDS of hours into this game. WC deleted the official servers and gave us NO INFORMATION nor trailers.

People have a right to be upset. When Abberation dropped WC did not even test the Mechs in front of Turret walls. If you had spent 200 hours on the server and you got wiped by a mech within minutes because the turrets didn’t even activate, what would you call that?

I’d call losing 200 hours over an issue WC DIDNT EVEN THINK TO TEST constitute as a form of abuse. 200 hours is a lot of time….

You know I bet there is a lot of people playing this game having experienced actual abuse in their lives. That doesn't mean that people can't be upset the way WC is handling the period before this launch. However, it seems more likely that they weren't allowed to handle it in any other way. If anything, I believe they are bursting to show us. To anybody who feels "abused" by seemingly bad marketing, just play something else for a couple of weeks and then come back and start complaining about the bugs 

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

15 hours ago, Madlax1972 said:

You know I bet there is a lot of people playing this game having experienced actual abuse in their lives. That doesn't mean that people can't be upset the way WC is handling the period before this launch. However, it seems more likely that they weren't allowed to handle it in any other way. If anything, I believe they are bursting to show us. To anybody who feels "abused" by seemingly bad marketing, just play something else for a couple of weeks and then come back and start complaining about the bugs 

Abuse is a verb. As such it exists on a spectrum. I don’t think anyone but you is acting like Ark is comparable to being assaulted. 

Play something else? 99% of what’s released is garbage. Not everyone can just pick up generic slop and enjoy it like you can.

You didn’t address any of my points so I don’t see any point in replying further to you. Enjoy the release. 

On 10/17/2023 at 6:18 AM, St1ckyBandit said:

Im....actually....hyped again. 

I presume that was their plan already by withholding information? Delaying the hype purposely for those such as yourself to get amped up last minute, and thus have no second guessing/questioning/doubts when it's time to hit the "purchase" button upon release.

Edited by Mike585x
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Signupnow said:

The correct term should be "deceived". With "abuse" in most the times you cannot walk away from or someone is so damaged it cannot recognize it anymore. In both cases it can lead to some sort of trauma however.

I agree WC is playing this wrong (see parts of my earlier post). Though I believe in progress, it should have been done gradually. 

By not showing a thing about ASA and shutting down all the servers with a 5-week gap. Which in my opinion is a bit of arrogant. The delivery of ASA should be of top quality (No game-breaking bugs, starting event, etc.), else i fear the non-sponsered ARK community will crack it down hard. 

It comes off like you started playing Ark in the last 6 months. Your level of optimism is not grounded in reality. Wildcard has the worst track record possible and to act otherwise is naive.

But back to the word abuse. Learn this now and learn it well - EVERYTHING exists on a spectrum. Every single aspect of this reality. 

When you “abuse the terms of service” are you giving the terms of service PTSD? No, because it’s a reptaring word and it had a wide range of applications. 

Unless you are a non English speaker you are putting forth a tremendously weak argument about semantics. 

• Like 1