Community Crunch 381: Sunsets on ASE, New Horizons on ASA and FAQ

StudioWildcard

Why no Halloween event with launch in end of October? It would of been perfect timing and a good way to start up Ark ascended.. Also why stop leveling movement speed for players. Having points put into Movement speed was very important for some of the gen 2 missions on alpha difficulty. I hope gen 2 missions will be rebalanced so that they are possible to complete. Please be more clear with your explanations wild card! 

• Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Thalana said:

Ngl, I'm itchin' for that trailer. Crazy how adamant they are on not spilling a drop of ASA footage. Either it's for the build up and suspense, silly contractual reasons that shouldn't exist or ASA just being too unfinished? I don't think it looks good to be so secretive on it even if it is working for drawing attention. I'd love to see a rex or something just for generating honest hype.

Honestly, they are pushing it for time on a trailer to game’s release, but I am not too worried about it. A few other companies have done this with their games where they cut it close with trailers for the games with proper game footage (not this close, well if you are counting games that showed off Alpha and Beta in game footage). But I’ve heard that they have been working on ASA since Genesis part 2 release (just rumors though). So I’m guessing they just want to get a good as possible for release and I think we’ll get some images of in game in the next couple weeks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Storm1989 said:

Why no Halloween event with launch in end of October? It would of been perfect timing and a good way to start up Ark ascended.. Also why stop leveling movement speed for players. Having points put into Movement speed was very important for some of the gen 2 missions on alpha difficulty. I hope gen 2 missions will be rebalanced so that they are possible to complete. Please be more clear with your explanations wild card! 

I don't think the movement speed thing will be a permanent change, after all the way this crunch is written makes it sound like they are going to do a lot of meticulous tweaking to ensure the game is balanced and performs properly. On the other hand, Many don't play official so it is unlikely this change will affect them at all.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Yea the no cryopods = Tame slot servers quickly specially since rafts and such count as 5 tames (unless they plan to change that) No leveling player movement is pretty harsh, maybe cap it at 130-150% so we can still outrun raptors and such. But i agree with how many others have already stated, many from a group im in were willing to start all over again on new servers, but now all this news oh nerfs and issues is making a lot of us change our minds about buying 1.5  (hopefully Wildcard will change there minds about the character speed and pods)

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, XytalRiz said:

Yea the no cryopods = Tame slot servers quickly specially since rafts and such count as 5 tames (unless they plan to change that) No leveling player movement is pretty harsh, maybe cap it at 130-150% so we can still outrun raptors and such. But i agree with how many others have already stated, many from a group im in were willing to start all over again on new servers, but now all this news oh nerfs and issues is making a lot of us change our minds about buying 1.5  (hopefully Wildcard will change there minds about the character speed and pods)

Again, I don't think the movement speed nerf will be permanent. At least until the dev team irons out performance issues, and if not then at the very least it gives smaller mounts purpose again (plus you can always just play unofficial or jusr run a non-dedicated server with friends and have allow movement speed to be leveled). As for no Cryopods, well yeah why would they be around day one? They weren't introduced until Extinction (if I'm not mistaken) so obviously it will be a good while before we ever see them again given how the devs plan on releasing content based on the maps they came from.

• Haha 1

Well the day has come.  Ive played this game since 2016, active the whole time. But all i can say is good riddance. Good riddance to the lag, good riddance to the random crashes, good riddance to the woeful lack of maintenance on official servers, good riddance to the arrogant way you've treated official players, most of which 'were' your most dedicated long term fans. But mostly good riddance to an inexperienced, incompetent poorly managed developer who's only claim to fame will ever be they got lucky with 1 game. Then because of said inexperience, incompetence and poor management did nothing but ruin that game. And obviously the inexperience and incompetence continues, no other developer openly expects people to pay for them to learn how to use new tech. What a joke, this is the 2nd time youve charged players for an 'unfinished' early access game essentially expecting them to not only test your product but then wait patiently for you to fix bugs. Like we did last time. Well not this time. Fool me once.... 

• Thanks 4
  • Facepalm 4

8 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

I think it will. It's one way of dealing with the beer/speed/rocket meta in PVP

They even related it to the flyer speed nerf, which they never changed. 

Just means players will find some other way to wreck the official scene. but we'll see, not allowing speed leveling means that smaller/faster mounts now have purpose again.

(Also, the flyer nerf upseted people more than it did help, mods were even made to reverse it. You know you made a bad decision when your players make mods to undo a decision a developers made. Especially when back them most players hated PvP since the developers ignored PvE)

Edited by TyranntX
  • Like 3
  • Facepalm 1

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Just means players will find some other way to wreck the official scene. but we'll see, not allowing speed leveling means that smaller/faster mounts now have purpose again.

Of course they will. They just won't be running fast when they do it. 

7 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

not allowing speed leveling means that smaller/faster mounts now have purpose again

It would be nice to regain some of the utility of the original dinos. 

Edited by Joebl0w13
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, RedGhost77 said:

Wow I didn't realize you could mess it up this bad! People don't rember how terrible the game was without cryos, maewings, incubators etc, and no leveling movement speed? Do you just hate pvp? Because none of the pvpers care about ark 2, we wanted ark 1.5 but now you are making us not want it... Should have been a remake

Not only PVP. I'm running my breeded Therizinos with 145,2% speed! Yes, it's 20 points less to anything else - but is SO good to rip through the map with them... :D

WHY would someone do this to land Dinos? I can understand the fliers (i don't like it, but understand).
But land ones? Everything will take double the time to accomplish!

Well, maybe that's the idea: to take double the time to accomplish. A rubbish idea, but and idea.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I understand the issues and differences between PC and console but if you had the courage to create fully cross-platform, you should have the strength to do it without doubts and fears.  

Dividing players in two separate clusters between those who will play fully cross-platform and those who will play cross-platforms for PS5 and Xbox only, is a huge mistake that will divide players into separate communities. And this is never a good thing for a game like ARK where the number of active players is very important. In fact, the game slowly died because players stopped playing after losing everything, but also because all the new types of servers that you opened over time. Starting with smalltribes, and continuing with all those types similar to unofficial.

This has separated ARK players by making the servers increasingly empty and boring.  

If you make this separation at launch, you will start on the wrong foot and destroy before start many large tribes that were already organized and which will now split in two between those who choose to play on one side and those on the other.

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

8 hours ago, Francis27 said:

I have forever lost everything I have achieved in this game just because I am a ps4 user. #Sad #Disappointed #Ark

You can recover and upload it to SP.  Check out my guide.

7 hours ago, Storm1989 said:

I would really like to know if wild card is going to address the pillar spam so that everyone can find a decent spot to build at for themselves and so that the maps don't look ugly again with pillars/Structure spam everywhere.

The topic of pillars is in another topic, but I doubt it would be resolved.

7 hours ago, Noricha said:

If there are no cryopods, do the wild babies you tame eat out of feeding bins?  Otherwise it’s going to be a real pain to raise a baby Dino.  I’m too old to get up at 3am to imprint.  Also you’d have to keep on feeding a herd of Dino’s if you can’t put some in cryopods. 

I was in Ark from 2016 until the last day.  And for your information, I have dinos in my cryobals from the first days of my adventure with ARK.  You are so used to balls that it will be difficult for some people to play. In large tribes and close-knit groups it goes relatively smoothly if you have a strategy, if you play alone or, like me, with my wife, it is quite a challenge to keep, for example, a gigantus child and, even more so, to complete 100  % of print.  That's why I don't want to go through this again.  I have devoted 22,969 hours of gameplay to ASE, almost 8 years.  And now this is what I have to pay to download my dino collection to SP, and there are exactly 10,400 Dinos.  Including 1 dino from the first day of the ARK adventure.  So far, no one has robbed us (our 12 servers) and we refreshed them every 3/4 days during this whole time.  Unfortunately, ASE stole 945 days from me in total.  I don't regret it, those were great times.  But when ASE closed, WC/SG somehow freed us from this work.  I probably won't BUY ASA, I'm not interested in investing my time again in starting the game over again just for a cookie with more sugar.

And here I also want to thank the players for such a great time spent in ARK, thank you on this forum for such great conversations, observations, etc., but above all, ARK is the players, without them this name would not exist and I would not have met so many wonderful people,  forum and in the game itself.

Once again, many thanks to all of you, you were the ones who built what we have today.  The WCSG only gave us "engine"

Thank you.

P.S.

And I can only download ASA for my collection when it hits my board for free xd

Edited by Noffek
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 1

44 minutes ago, Shasa said:

I understand the issues and differences between PC and console but if you had the courage to create fully cross-platform, you should have the strength to do it without doubts and fears.  

Dividing players in two separate clusters between those who will play fully cross-platform and those who will play cross-platforms for PS5 and Xbox only, is a huge mistake that will divide players into separate communities. And this is never a good thing for a game like ARK where the number of active players is very important. In fact, the game slowly died because players stopped playing after losing everything, but also because all the new types of servers that you opened over time. Starting with smalltribes, and continuing with all those types similar to unofficial.

This has separated ARK players by making the servers increasingly empty and boring.  

If you make this separation at launch, you will start on the wrong foot and destroy before start many large tribes that were already organized and which will now split in two between those who choose to play on one side and those on the other.

The Opposite effect is also true people could loss interest when being around others platforms for a lot of reasons one major one is that PC player have access to exploitation tools can be used against other platforms having other options to be on only consoles or only Xbox is a good thing to be able to have access to compared to a forced all cross with all platforms.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Alha said:

RIP ASE it was fun till you got executed by your own makers, this is a very sad day to see no Justice for console players mostly PC players are happy about this because they got everything they worked for no cost and the fact they even mentioned in the article with special treatment is very clear and older Gen consoles are not included at all.

You know you have options to include older consoles like making cloud gaming available for all platforms.

So many are disappointed about the fact we have to rent and have no access to any more content so I guess that’s the end for all older gen consoles till this gets addressed.

It would be a good idea for console players to just stop paying first and test with game pass cloud or PS cloud before making purchases because PC players keep getting things free and still have the advantage.

If cloud is not available then it’s time to just move on and put our money to games that care enough to include us.

Wildcard for your information maybe you don’t know this but Cloud gaming only requires fast internet connection and can be accessed from anywhere and any device without the need for any hardware requirements.

Thank you I was saying that myself that they can do call gaming. They should even put out a demo so people can even see how this is going to work.  They haven't done anything.

• Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1

4 hours ago, StudioWildcard said:

We’ll reveal the launch trailer screenshots and set the game live at the end of October.

How about, you know, revealing in real time game play? A screenshot isn’t proof of a  solid work. For all we know you could’ve had some poor intern sit in a chair staring at a screen for an hour before the textures properly rendered in and things stopped falling apart at the seams to score that picture perfect shot. Show people that the game WORKS goddamnit. 

By the way, the ASE patch just downloaded. I go to unofficial PC sessions and what do I see? Well, I don't see any server that would be available with and without a password. It looks like the client would not have a connection to the Nitrado, G-poral etc. network. I know they turned off the official ones, but out of the thousands of private servers on the list, not a single one was online? Or maybe the WC/SG did something wrong with the shutdown again. Console not PC