Community Crunch 378: Extinction Creature Submissions, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

5 hours ago, Gecko1611 said:

"I can't wait for the crunch! Shastasaurus is going to be so cool!"

Oh, it's just copy & paste junk. Okay, thanks. We totally needed reminding about the vote. I had no idea it was going on.

There you go Gecko; now that's a proper response to one of wildcard's community newsletters! 👍

I mean, they even said directly in the community crunch when they released the Shasta's concept art that they would showcase the concept art for its saddle in the next week's crunch. To be honest; I've been so spaced-out when it comes to reading these crunches lately, due to them having little to no actual information, that I'd completely forgotten about that already just one week later. Then I saw your comment here and was all; "Wait. Yeah, that's right. They said they were going to show off its saddle this crunch. And they didn't even mention that they had done so, or why they haven't shown it off when they said they would just a week ago? What the ****?"

Also, to be honest, I actually didn't know that the creature submission vote was going on yet for Extinction either till this crunch. I thought it was going to begin starting this one. Guess they didn't make it clear enough for me in the last letter, or I was half asleep while reading it. 😑

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kaiarra said:

Have you guys considered changing up the community crunch to bi-weekly and every post has some actual news? I mean c'mon you have 2 games (supposedly) in the works, one that's meant to release next month...and this is the best you can come up with? An absolute nothingburger.

Actually, yes, they have considered doing this in the past and have done so. Thing is, that even when they did this, there still was no actual news for a bi-weekly crunch; or even a monthly one. 99 percent of wildcard's community newsletters have been this way for the past 2 and a half years. Aside from Lost Island, Fjordur, the season 1 animated trailer(if you count that one as I don't since it was just the trailer), and the rhyniognatha(if you count that one) they haven't said anything exciting, interesting, or even true since they showed off the cinematic trailer for Ark 2; which I might add they actually did so before Genesis Part 2 had even fully released; not even letting that piece of their game take its turn. 

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, FlorianWind9 said:

I mean, they even said directly in the community crunch when they released the Shasta's concept art that they would showcase the concept art for its saddle in the next week's crunch. To be honest; I've been so spaced-out when it comes to reading these crunches lately, due to them having little to no actual information, that I'd completely forgotten about that already just one week later. Then I saw your comment here and was all; "Wait. Yeah, that's right. They said they were going to show off its saddle this crunch. And they didn't even mention that they had done so, or why they haven't shown it off when they said they would just a week ago? What the ****?"

They never ever said they would show the saddle in this crunch.

Take a few seconds and read the one paragraph from last week.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GP said:

Getting so close now, very excited! 🥳 I'm very intrigued to see whether the gameplay trailer starts in a similar fashion to the ASE one with the Rex, or whether they'll do something entirely new.

I was thinking on that as well with some of the ASE nostalgia going around. I would be super hyped to see the original trailer remade.

My small group and I had just restarted a full story run to lead up to ARK 2 when the delay and ASA announcement dropped. We decided then to postpone the story run till  ASA releases. Needless to say our excitement is growing as we get closer to that restart! 

• Like 1

Adding x2 until the shutdown of servers seems to be a slap in face for us Xbox players who cannot progress after that on our single player maps. Can you not look at opening the obelisk to transfer items / dinos to our console maps please. Sooner rather than later as I have a large list I would like to keep after years of playing Ark. thank you.

• Like 2

Quando o treile do jogo chegar, o quando teremos mais informação sobre ark 2 e a série foi cancelada, esse tipo de coisa eu queria saber.

Estou e mais triste saber mas de 100 pessoas que dedicada o seu tempo para criar uma criatura para o jogo e só uma criatura que ganha e as outras 99 pessoas acho que em vez de uma só criatura deveria se as 5 a 6 mais votadas e pronto nem precisa fazer aquela segunda votação, o jogo vai mudar quase nada e o que custar colocar mais criatura. 

Espero que mais notícias relevantes chegue em breve 

Ive slept on this and ..... nope still bad and worthless crunch ... CS has been a rough dept in ASE since launch due to dino glitches / the entire ark world etc etc.

When is ASE get shut down? the same time? later ? if later then WHY is CS getting shut down first?

Sigh ... its turning into a circus show more and more 

ALSO evo event is not getting turned off OMG AWESOME .....kinda worthless NOW guys ... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DirkInSA said:

So I am by no means a lawyer however I wonder if this:
image.png.95c44e6269578c91b54e9318071babb1.png
includes an "Early Access" or kinda beta release. I would personally think not. Which means Oct 31 is really crunch time. Publish or be lost!

The state of release is not defined and CC did mention the phrase "Early acces" already a few times, so to meet the conditions any kind of releasse is valid and I expect nothing more than just early acces on PC, and a full release on other platforms later.

2026 or so, just in time to get sunsetted before ARK2 goes in early acces on PC...

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Duffmek said:

When is ASE get shut down? the same time? later ? if later then WHY is CS getting shut down first?

CS never worked in weekends, in this way they have their desks cleaned in time for the friday afternoon happy hour without us piling up complaints about "snapshots" not working. Saturday the servers will crash. I mean "sunsetted".
Sidenote: "intended snapshots". Don't be surprised if the intention is not possible due to reasons, we are used to hollow statements by now.

And yes, any DECENT company would keep CS up and running untill the aftermath is cleaned up.

• Like 1

What are your plans for support with ASA, ASE support besides being slow was terrible to lose tons of time on gear and dinos to be lost by a transfer or server issue. Then to wait over a week to get a response from support to basically say the best they can do is give you back only a basic level crap dino. How about provide some more details each month for ASA instead of just trying to distract us with this other junk.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, GP said:

They never ever said they would show the saddle in this crunch.

Take a few seconds and read the one paragraph from last week.

Ehhhhhh; I guess they did say "soon" huh? Also, if they follow the same pattern they've been doing then it'd be normal for them to show the dossier next week; not this one. So, I guess I will give them that. 

Still, the thing is that they said they would show the creature with its saddle "Concept" next; or "soon"; not the dossier with its saddle. The idea of showing a saddle "concept" and "soon" can make it feel implied that they would do so for this crunch and then show the full dossier next week.

Also, I know that the Shasta saddle supposedly will be more unique than the average, but they've never singled out a particular aspect of a creature before in these voted additions and said that they would show it to us. All the rest were always just "concept" then "dossier" then "concept" then etc.

So, breaking the cycle and mentioning this throws us off. They had absolutely no reason to mention this to us. They could have just done the "concept" "dossier" thing like all the others, and then everything would have been fine and no-one gotten thrown off.

Course; considering that a "brief" break from showing ASA comparisons, and a promise to us that they would resume showing them "soon", to them seems to mean over 2 and 1/2 months......then I guess we can expect to see the saddle "concept" sometime around when The Center re-releases sometime in 2026. Leading me to further question why they even decided to mention it at all...

• Like 1