Cryo pods in ASA

Please tell me cryo pods are going to allowed at the launch of ASA. I work a lot and will not be able to play the game without them. I would miss imprints and it would take up to much time walking dinos back to base. To me cryo pods saved this game. I played from the prerelease till now. Without cryo pods it made it hard on me and my family when I played. I don’t won’t to go through timing my life around Ark. Cryo pods gave me back my free time to play and balance real life. 
I can tell you this a lot of people won’t return to the game without cryo pods, including myself.

cant imagine why they wouldnt, its essential for stability on pve officials because otherwise people build monstrous stadiums to hold their 3trillion dino's, i would love to see a system were you can store something like 10 tames in your imprint indefinitely because i mean technically their all like code thats rendered by the ark technology or something right? then you could play official and when you have to leave for a few weeks/months and know that even if u lose everything you can start again at any time with a few of your favorite tames preserved with the character

• Like 1

Cryopods were a solution to the lag problem of bases and dinos. Potentially, this lag issue could be largely fixed with UE5 which could make crypods not as necessary. There are also many people who think the game was better before cryopods and tek. Either way, if they were removed there would definitely be a mod that brings them in.

1 hour ago, Tylanater said:

Cryopods were a solution to the lag problem of bases and dinos. Potentially, this lag issue could be largely fixed with UE5 which could make crypods not as necessary. There are also many people who think the game was better before cryopods and tek. Either way, if they were removed there would definitely be a mod that brings them in.

Cryos didn't just help with lag, they helped with dino caps too, on official we were dino capped (that means, for anyone not around back then, that you can't tame or breed anymore dinos once a certain number are on a server) for months at a time. People rushed out and tamed anything, dodos or anything quick as soon as the cap went off due to someone's base decaying so they could kill them off when they wanted to tame / breed. Others spammed rafts to 'claim' dino spots. It was a mess. Cryos solved far more than lag.

And sure, there would defo be a mod, hopefully free, but what about official where dino caps were a massive problem.

I personally preferred the game before tek and the kibble changes, but cryos, I don't think I've ever heard anyone moan about them. 

Edited by Luizza

• Volunteer Moderator
52 minutes ago, Luizza said:

Cryos didn't just help with lag, they helped with dino caps too, on official we were dino capped (that means, for anyone not around back then, that you can't tame or breed anymore dinos once a certain number are on a server) for months at a time. People rushed out and tamed anything, dodos or anything quick as soon as the cap went off due to someone's base decaying so they could kill them off when they wanted to tame / breed. Others spammed rafts to 'claim' dino spots. It was a mess. Cryos solved far more than lag.

Wasn't the tame cap related to lag though? Or was there some other reason they capped tames?

42 minutes ago, GP said:

Wasn't the tame cap related to lag though? Or was there some other reason they capped tames?

I guess it was, you're right, but it wasn't just dino caps / numbers, those were the days of everyone having all their dinos out so had everyone had to have massive bases, (there are still massive bases now but most ppl have fairly modest ones on official). I doubt they would introduce such harsh measures to just reduce server save times :)

Is UE5 really that good at fixing lag? Genuinely curious what has been said about that 'cos that wasn't something that stuck out to me when I was reading up on UE5. An official server with more than 5000 tames out, and the associated bases, with the new creature ai will be better? 'cos it was verging on unplayable before? (I only say 5000 'cos that was the official server cap).

Even if it does tho (which tbh I hope it does) - that doesn't help with the pain of breeding, transporting dinos (altho back then we would upload at a drop and download nearer the destination so there's that) and just general storage.

We called out for something like the 'atlas' style stables (tame house) for a long, long time before cryos came in so maybe they are thinking about something like that instead of cryos? - I'd really miss cryos tho, I'm already thinking I will be giving the game a miss, or sticking with ASE, until at least rag is out, guess I'll be waiting for ASA until Extinction if that comes to pass.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

It may have been the goal, but official PVE servers are just as laggy now as before pods. Maybe worse. 

Nah, to someone used to playing single player or unofficial perhaps it is laggy, but I got used to it, seems fine to me these days. The major lag I remember was when you were inside your own base with all your dinos out, honestly it was a trial just getting from one side of the base to the other. Flying over someone else's base you weren't aware was there was a lottery as to whether it would load in as you were already passing and you'd end up stuck inside their base waiting for them to log on or just abandon ur tame and suicide :) Happy days lol.

• Like 1

The other side of the same coin is the breeding. If it went through as originally planned (20/20 mutations max) everybody wouldnt have hundreds of dinos out breeding all the time anyway. They basically fixed the lag from dino egg farms with cryopods but then made the problem even worse by adding basically infinite breeding requirements and later on, bosses that require you to have the super op bred dinos.

I like how everyone's so worried about pve but cryo pods ruined pvp   trolls run wild in pvp all because  they can just cryo n leave server  you can barely get off because ppl don't fob no more they just throw a tame out and run away when you get online where's the fun in that  n cryo pods defeat the purpose of kibble why get kibble when you can just re throw  your Dino out till it gets a walk or a cuddle I remember when a 100 % on a Dino was a flex but who cares now  any one can get 100% caves we're safer it opened up ways to mesh  why worry about a crouch  spot or choke point when somoene can just chuck a stego in  people took pride in raiding not more  just soak and run so smaller tribes will never stand a chance  if you have cryo pods cuase tribes like me will just bring a ob full of soakers n gigs n sit right out side your base an soak an run   away   so take pride in yourself  and  your tames   and it makes insiding 5x easier when you can run off with 300 tames all at once

21 hours ago, Tylanater said:

Cryopods were a solution to the lag problem of bases and dinos.

Not really, tame caps were their proposed solution to lag from dinos. Cryopods were more of a quality-of-life addition to the game.

this lag issue could be largely fixed with UE5 which could make crypods not as necessary.

Where do you get that idea? The game will still be played on computer servers with limited power and resources. UE5 isn't some sort of sorcery that magically fixes problems caused by computers existing in the real world.

There are also many people who think the game was better before cryopods and tek.

Not really to this also, a significant majority of people liked the addition of cryopods and prefer the game with cryopods in it.

Either way, if they were removed there would definitely be a mod that brings them in.

Now that I agree with, but it wouldn't help anyone on Official servers.

I think cryos will be here to stay. They’re are no longer extinction dlc, the engram is unlockable on all maps. I do think it would be fun from a PvP point of view if they didn’t have cryos in the game until they release Extinction but that fully depends on how laggy UE5 will be with massive bases and thousands of tamed dinos out 24/7. But maybe I just miss 2015 Ark and have forgotten how laggy the game got when going near a massive base 🤔

I agree with ABNtaz points. It definitely felt like you had to plan your raids a lot better and be more tactical. But I do believe over all cryos improved the game. As a solo player it made it an awful lot easier to have good tames and be able to hide back up lines when I could put my dinos in hidden boxes.

On 7/3/2023 at 12:58 AM, ABNtaz420 said:

I like how everyone's so worried about pve but cryo pods ruined pvp   trolls run wild in pvp all because  they can just cryo n leave server  you can barely get off because ppl don't fob no more they just throw a tame out and run away when you get online where's the fun in that  n cryo pods defeat the purpose of kibble why get kibble when you can just re throw  your Dino out till it gets a walk or a cuddle I remember when a 100 % on a Dino was a flex but who cares now  any one can get 100% caves we're safer it opened up ways to mesh  why worry about a crouch  spot or choke point when somoene can just chuck a stego in  people took pride in raiding not more  just soak and run so smaller tribes will never stand a chance  if you have cryo pods cuase tribes like me will just bring a ob full of soakers n gigs n sit right out side your base an soak an run   away   so take pride in yourself  and  your tames   and it makes insiding 5x easier when you can run off with 300 tames all at once

nah bro the cro pods in pvp was the way to go cause now we can stay hidden easier fobs aint been a thing since we got the battery turrets n super dinos that are all whack and stuff like that shadowmane cause it can do everything anywyas so y u even need a fob now also so like its still usefull but yea the tame should probably not reset if we froze it that way we can do some more flexin but ya takin a bunch of frozen cro pods to a base for raiding is pretty lame n they should do somethin to make it more balanced n we do need take more pride in ourselfs cause right now we cant do dat wit the insidin and 5x stuff like u said

On 7/3/2023 at 7:04 AM, Pipinghot said:

Not really to this also, a significant majority of people liked the addition of cryopods and prefer the game with cryopods in it.

You are just saying that when you have no idea. The most heavily populated servers within the last few years have been classic (even before they added cryopods to classic) and beginner servers, pvp and pve. A massive amount of people quit playing Ark entirely because of tek and cryopods.

55 minutes ago, Tylanater said:

You are just saying that when you have no idea. The most heavily populated servers within the last few years have been classic (even before they added cryopods to classic) and beginner servers, pvp and pve. A massive amount of people quit playing Ark entirely because of tek and cryopods.

I have trouble understanding where you get this "massive amount of people" stat from.  I've played for 5 years, and didn't see a mass exodus from cryopods or tek for that matter.  Considering tek has been in the game since I started, maybe this happened before I started playing?

The largest drop in players I've seen came the week after they announced the closing of official servers.  But I'm all ears, where can I read up on this statistic you allude to?

No the  massive of amount of pvp players quit when God gig and rexes got accidentally  added  in  and they told the legacy players they'd never wipe our servers they'd figure out how to add them into the rest but then they lied n deleted our servers I ran a massive tribe of 100 plus ppl had 12 servers in legacy days and when they did that I went down to a 30 man   on xbox idk  if they same stuff happened on PC but they did us xbox ppl dirty and killed alot of ppls drive to play when they up n separated legacy  an the new servers    so all that 2 years of work was deleted I've been playing ark console since day one got over 785 days of play time   on the game still run a decent  size tribe now I have 3 servers on official never touched a dedicated server or pve server in my life  so I've gone through every glitch they have   I hope they fix this all In 1.5 cuase nothing is safe on pvp with cryos  cuase u can take soakers where they don't belong like under water so why tame a squid  if u can just get stegos in  

6 hours ago, Tylanater said:

You are just saying that when you have no idea.

So other people have no idea but you do... riiiight.

Here's the thing, I don't know everyone who plays ARK, but everyone I've ever played with likes the game better with cryopods, I've never had one single tribe mate, friend or acquaintance say that they liked the game better without cryopods. Now, that counts only as anecdotal evidence, which isn't evidence in any true sense, but that's all you have too. You don't have any evidence that's better than anyone else's, you don't like cryopods so you want to pretend that other people don't like them.

The most heavily populated servers within the last few years have been classic (even before they added cryopods to classic) and beginner servers, pvp and pve.

Nope, you're just making up fake statistics in an attempt to back up your personal preferences. I categorically deny that classic server were the most heavily populated before they added cryopods unless you have valid evidence to back up your claim.

A massive amount of people quit playing Ark entirely because of tek and cryopods.

Tek... maybe, but cryopds? No way.

Also, a much more massive amount of people did not quit playing because of tek. Really only a small minority of palyers quit because of tek, when compared to the total number of people playing the game, and I'd bet dollars to doughnuts that a number very close to zero people quit because of cryopods.

On 7/4/2023 at 6:22 PM, GrumpyBear said:

I have trouble understanding where you get this "massive amount of people" stat from.  I've played for 5 years, and didn't see a mass exodus from cryopods or tek for that matter.  Considering tek has been in the game since I started, maybe this happened before I started playing?

The largest drop in players I've seen came the week after they announced the closing of official servers.  But I'm all ears, where can I read up on this statistic you allude to?

Mainly talking about PvP. A lot of people have quit due to tek. The proof is in the fact that PvE is bigger than PvP these days. PvP has a way higher potential community (as seen by the most played games in pretty much every genre in recent years) The dropoff started happening in Extinction.