Community Crunch 368: ASA Roadmap Update, ASA Comparison, and More!

StudioWildcard

I appreciate the update. have just one question. which is why you are giving switch a month long summer bash while those of us who have been playing for YEARS are only getting a meager 2x for less than a week. thats not cool guys. especially as people are hanging with you waiting for our game to be erased. AND the new "update" delayed. Im oky with the delay man. but Im not feeling the love. if Im honest I feel like WC being kinda stingy toward PVE console players. BUT you know what...Ima just go right back to my single player which is set to 5x. no incentive to be on official whatsoever. how that plays out the way you are hoping WC.

also please clear up what happens to ASE when the servers get shut down. Some folks interpetting you as saying saved games have to go to a dedicated server while others are saying no no, just have to save it to your computer, or xbox or PS5 and it will over write your single player maps. according to same folks that save to single player will also include every other players builds and tames saved in one massive instance. for which they will merely have to use admin to force the tribes into their own.

this doesnt bother me. but I dont believe it. and I dont believe it because some folks complain when someone builds anything even remotely like their boxes. I can imagine the screaming going on when anyone on a particular map gets access to the whole thing to scrutinize to their hearts content.

Like I said its all good. but I really really like to know the facts directly from WC. not just what is being rumored third party all over facebook, discord and beyond.

again thanks for the update on the roadmap. appreciated.

• Like 1

October is not that bad, some people expected even end of the year. Of course there is still not the exact date so it can be end of October but Wildcard gave us September 30th as a date of shutting down official servers of ARK so I expect they plan to launch ASA early October (becouse shutting down ARK servers one month before ASA launch will be a bad idea).

Good news is cheaper price and a launch discount. Now I can patiently wait for ASA gameplay (probably end of September). It would be also cool to see recteation of first iconic ARK trailer but made in ASA.

Just no more delays please

• Facepalm 1

3 hours ago, davetherave said:

it's going to be early access is that a joke? How can it possibly be early access? Is that because you know it's going to be broke as hell

I think it has to be EA because you pay for ASA (recreation od ARK on UE 5 with all DLCs) but at launch you will get only The Island map so most of ASA content (rest of the maps) will be added after launch.

• Volunteer Moderator
19 minutes ago, Chinstrap8739 said:

I think it’s really unfair that those of us who play on PS4 not only now have to buy the game all over again, but are also going to be forced to pay $400 to upgrade to a PS5 in order to play it.

You're not forced to buy anything to play anything.

Could you play most modern games on a Windows 95 installation?

1 hour ago, NOU123 said:

genesis 2 was delayed for a year and a half and is still one of the glitchiest ark dlcs :)

But I bet you’ll still play the game, right? I understand wildcard’s track record is shotty, at best, but if all everyone is going to do is just sh*t on everything they say, then what’s the point? Would it kill anyone in these comments to say literally anything positive? Nearly everyone here just sounds like spoiled children. 

• Facepalm 3

Whoever has been picking the "Screenshots" for the CC lately has been doing a bit of a lame job I think.
Songbird, Captain Fatdog, and myself all came together earlier this week and whipped up that giant Ship In a Bottle build, and posted it everywhere right on time for you guys to pick up on it. If this build isn't a prime example of a "community crunch" then I don't know what is. 
Instead, we have two boring screenshots of a wyvern from a weird angle, and a starter character looking at the empty world. Sorry Amenci and LifeEra, your screenshots are intrinsically fine, I just think they're poor choices for Wildcard to include in the CC - given how hard some people work to build epic structures.
I'm not upset that something I worked on didn't get included, I'm just disappointed that what HAS been included recently fails to show the potential of the builders in the general Ark community, and what this game can really do.
Mustang's treehouse build is a good choice though! That's some fine work that deserves to be seen.

If you want to keep including screenshots of the normal environment and dinos, maybe break the screenshots section down into 2 parts, one for "Notable Builds" for all the structures people make, and one for "Notable Screenshots" of all the dinos and environment pics. And include 3 image choices for each section.

I'm sure there's plenty of content out there for you guys to find, there's even more fanart included every week than in-game screenshots.
If you need some help finding images for the Community Crunch in the future, contact me with a job offer! I would love to be part of the WC team, I'm already a well connected member of the community.  :)

4 hours ago, LuckyPed said:

Nah man, when did they say you need to buy the DLC separately again ?

They simply reduced the price (by 15~20$ overall IIRC from 59.99$ to 39.99$ at start) overall for Early Access Period and the price will be going to full price at the end of Early Access Period, it's similar to ARK Survival Evolved, when i originally bought it in 2015 it was cheaper, after early access ended, it become more expensive.

the DLCs are still included in the package otherwise they would mention it here.

It depends on where and what you read ....... The initial ASA announcment sez 

All the expansion packs will be sold separately on all platforms:

• $19.99 for Explorer’s Pass, which includes Scorched Earth, Aberration (Q4 2023), and Extinction (Q1 2024).
  • $19.99 for Genesis Pass, which includes Genesis Part 1 (Q1 2024) and Genesis Part 2 (Q2 2024).

And then there is this .....

ARK: Survival Ascended will now be a standalone package released on every platform (PC Windows/Steam, Xbox Series S/X, and PlayStation 5) at $59.99. The package will include the following pieces of content built-in (not sold separately), with each remastered and altered for the next-generation:

• The Island (Released at Launch)
  • Survival of the Fittest: The Island & Scorched Earth map variants (Released at Launch)
  • Scorched Earth (Released at Launch)
  • Aberration (Released by Q4 2023)
  • Extinction (Released by Q1 2024)
  • Genesis Part 1 (Released by Q1 2024)
  • Genesis Part 2 (Released by Q2 2024)
  • All the community-created maps are also to be released over time in 2024 (Fjordur, Ragnarok, The Center, Lost Island, Valguero, Crystal Isles)

And now most recently 

Given the news:

ARK: Survival Ascended will now be launching at an Early Access price point of $44.99
with a launch-discount bringing it to $39.99.

We had initially planned to ship with more content on Day One, but that won’t be happening, so we’re adjusting the launch price accordingly.

So what I read in this is that they have bitten off a LOT more than they can chew with their remaster attempt, and sadly underestimated the work required for "conversion" to UE5. As a consequence they are kicking the DLC question down the road.

All of which leads me to believe that the DLC's will in fact become paid for - if it is so much "work" doing a map remaster they ain't gonna do it for free, they will charge what they think they can get, just as soon as there is an invested player base on ASA that is a captive audience.

• Thanks 5
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, AlanGrant716 said:

But I bet you’ll still play the game, right? I understand wildcard’s track record is shotty, at best, but if all everyone is going to do is just sh*t on everything they say, then what’s the point? Would it kill anyone in these comments to say literally anything positive? Nearly everyone here just sounds like spoiled children. 

The big issue I have is they undeniable fact that this is not a new game - it is lipstick on the game that most of us do indeed still play.

The big "sell" that Wildcard is trying to make - this remastered game is gonna be worth a lot of our $, and it will be significantly better to play than the (mostly) functional game that is already out there. Nowhere have they made any (my opinion) decent headway in making that sell.

So I personally find very little positive "vibes" to comment on. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, AmanaTishala said:

Hope we get a "Aberation Creature Vote will be next week" to give us one week head's up to finish prepping our posts and make sure we're on the watch for it to go live to try to make sure we don't miss it! We usually end up seeing it hours after it launches and there's already tons of submissions so don't want to miss out trying to get my hubby's psittacosaurus in there! 

Also, is there a preferred method of sharing fanart? Got some super cute photos of my daughter cuddling her "purple 4-eyed kitty" [noglin] plush today!

Do you call preparing posts a mess?  Is this just to report your husband's work?  Several crunches were littered with this preparation of posts.  It's not preparation.

3 hours ago, Duffmek said:

you mean EXACTLY the same as ase AGAIN ... lol delayed and since they have bugger all knowledge / experience with ue5 it IS going to be BUGGY still shiny gfx do not make a game.

To the posted images .... wow yeah such a massive change /yawn that is a really poor way of opening the CC, the rest is just as predicted from day ONE by many on here :D

ONE I refuse to buy into the same game been in declared to be EARLY ACCESS AGAIN, this is just money grabbing / 'we cant get stuff done on time EVER'

I also share your opinion, I do not believe that ASA will be flawless.  The island has many first bugs that have not been fixed so far.  They create, they spend, they delete, but why fix it if they're going to buy it anyway?

• Like 1