Community Crunch 368: ASA Roadmap Update, ASA Comparison, and More!

StudioWildcard

Thanks for giving us an extra month with our dinos and our bases. Can you unlock element transfer so that we can more easily keep the lights on?

Also, are you going to reassign any engrams for ASA, so we can unlock cryopods, nets, and several other items that we wouldn't want to be without for several months until the other maps release?

Bruh, there’s a million steps between showing us a render of a stone pick axe and full gameplay lol. Does ANYONE care whatsoever about the stone pick being redone? No.

Just show us what the Carno looks like. Give us the Rex render. You made all of these photos months ago and are drip feeding us to make it appear like it’s new content. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

it will be such a buggy mess lol. just from all the stuff in the past. there will be more delays and then some more and more.... even tho they say they are almost done there are only pictures? where are the gameplay videos? the game will look nothing like the pictures. its just my opinion from all those years of experience playing ark. things just dont change and WC just proves it like always.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm probably the most optimistic member of the comunity, but i'm now starting to think that Survival Ascended is kind of a waste of time and effort.

It's the exact same game, with the exact same, massive flaws, but with shiny remodeled tools, trees and structures, no one really asked for. It's fixing all the wrong things, becouse these are the only things one can fix, without remaking the game from the ground up.

What people DID ask for from what i've seen, is TLCs, and overhauls, which Ark 2 would have in a way. It's an entirely new ganóme with entirely new mechanics after all. 

But all focus is still directed to the remaster, which for some reason will have an early access, which it will exit when Ark 2 is said to officially release. This tells me Ark 2 is gonna be pushed back even further in favour of Survival Ascended which is really a shame.

Imagine if all these resources were directed towards Ark 2.

Well, Survival Ascended is in full production now, we can't stop it, so I'll just have to live with it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Huntdad5 said:

Is it me, or does it seem like there is way to much positivity for wc after they screwed up again? Thanking them for the delay???? Although I will admit I do enjoy the discounted price. Just wondering, why are people being so positive about all of this. Why do people care about the ab vote so early, the game doesn't come out for many months still, by the time I do the math it will be delayed again, and seriously who wants to see ark 2 concert crap, it at coming out for at least 2 years. Also they announced around two months ago that the animated series was done, they were just looking for a place to show it on. Honestly who wants to watch it now after all of its woke stuff they turned it into anyways. This might be kind of lengthy, but I fell better after through all of this out, because I quit my stress reliver for good (ASE). Have a good day everyone.

$5 dollar discount for an early access version if you buy it at launch does not seem like a good enough discount for me.

Other than that discount, all they have done is reduce the cost by $15 to account for the fact you will have to pay that $15 later for scorched earth (hoping it is lower than that as SE is not worth $15). Personally I think scorched earth should be included within the base game (released when ready) at no extra cost.

I would like to see a discount on all DLC's if you own the ASE versions.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, cfrostyscriv said:

$5 dollar discount for an early access version if you buy it at launch does not seem like a good enough discount for me.

Other than that discount, all they have done is reduce the cost by $15 to account for the fact you will have to pay that $15 later for scorched earth (hoping it is lower than that as SE is not worth $15). Personally I think scorched earth should be included within the base game (released when ready) at no extra cost.

I would like to see a discount on all DLC's if you own the ASE versions.

All maps are included:

On 4/7/2023 at 7:57 PM, StudioWildcard said:

ARK: Survival Ascended will now be a standalone package released on every platform (PC Windows/Steam, Xbox Series S/X, and PlayStation 5) at $59.99. The package will include the following pieces of content built-in (not sold separately), with each remastered and altered for the next-generation:

• The Island (Released at Launch)
  • Survival of the Fittest: The Island & Scorched Earth map variants (Released at Launch)
  • Scorched Earth (Released at Launch)
  • Aberration (Released by Q4 2023)
  • Extinction (Released by Q1 2024)
  • Genesis Part 1 (Released by Q1 2024)
  • Genesis Part 2 (Released by Q2 2024)
  • All the community-created maps are also to be released over time in 2024 (Fjordur, Ragnarok, The Center, Lost Island, Valguero, Crystal Isles)

• Like 1

On 7/1/2023 at 5:44 AM, Noffek said:

As someone mentioned, why announce something earlier when you yourself realize that there will be a shift anyway?

I think the order came from above, at the last minute.

Remember the original announcement? The one that was free, and just a port for UE5? I think that was the thought out one. Then the CEO from hell thought "free money!", and changed everything. Without thinking, consulting or asking anyone.

And so here we are.

20 hours ago, HoganRyan01 said:

Do you want a trophy for being the no.1 pessimist?

I'd say "realistic", not "pessimistic".

16 hours ago, Duffmek said:

first post of a newly joined member .... the tools / prim items look 'vaguely' different almost not worth the effort put into them ....

No one, NO ONE, was complaining about the assets graphics. Well, dinos maybe, but even then...

We were all excited with UE5 not because we would get a "new and improved smith" (contain generous quantities of sarcasm and irony), but because we hopped that it would run better. Nanite would do wonders for far rendered trees, Lumen could revolutionize how shadows work and ambient light behaves.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 7/1/2023 at 3:55 AM, PeachSalad said:

this doesnt bother me. but I dont believe it. and I dont believe it because some folks complain when someone builds anything even remotely like their boxes. I can imagine the screaming going on when anyone on a particular map gets access to the whole thing to scrutinize to their hearts content.

Look at what happened with legacy, those files are still available to download. You can check our how that worked here -

The whole server is there, and yes you will be able to look at or claim as your own anything on the server when the save file is created. You have a choice, either destroy your stuff and walk away now or keep going and wait for the save file to be created and be able to use it in your single player world or upload to a rented server (that's on PC, it's still not clear what ppl on console will be able to do).

Yeah sure delay your game. I DON'T MIND ITS NOT LIKE IM NOT BANNED BECAUSE Of SNAIL GAMING. Really what is going on in there. The only thing you have for us is more fake pictures and empty dates. Just come out of your little studio and TELL us what is really going to happen. Asa and ark2 is going to be trash on release, if they even release at all. At this point we don't care if the truth is really bad. JUST TELL US THE TRUTH SO YOU CAN GET YOUR TRUST BACK. But I know what nothing is going to happen because that's WILDCARK and that's all we expect of them. Wildcard I'm surprised you aren't a dead studio by now because of all the lies your feeding your player. Really this is just disgusting.

Edited by Brokenness
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi Devs,

Please leave a handful of servers up like you did with Legacy, that would only be fair to those who wish to keep playing as-is (especially those last-gen console users). You said you would slowly shut them all down yet there's *still* a fair amount of *populated* legacy servers, so leaving a few Official servers doesn't seem too much of an ask.

Even if we had to pay a subscription to play them/keep them running, myself and many many others I know already said they would. It would be preferred and 1000x better than having to pay a 3rd party company for unofficial servers as well (and you'd get the money).

Also, please let us at least keep our implant progress (not levels, just our progress), since it is already tied to our characters themselves via Vernacular ID. That wouldn't seem too difficult to implement for ASA from ASE.

Now the stretch, but wishful thinking:  Please let us have an "Ark" feature for ASE. As in an actual Ark, so pun intended. Let us bring over a copy of 3 of our favorite dinosaurs, all automatically neutered/spayed, and also can not be the same type. Something to bring over to keep our legacy in mind would be nice after what you have decided to do to us...

Any of these options would be a great thing to do for us long time hard working players. If even just PvE (not sure how it would work for PvP because I do not play it).

Hope the right people will see this plea, thank you for your time and have a great day!

I’d like build upon Mikes post. 

Keeping the survivor data in your implant would be awesome. We all know many gamers love the achievements and ways to show their hard work. It would be great to be able to continue this. 

having a few servers left open, even for subscription payment through Ark would be amazing

also clear instructions on how we can download our servers if none will be kept live  

also, I had a thought I was curious if anyone thought of for PVP. Letting the Ark humans chose the path of Helena or Rockwell. Sort of like you see in games of WoW with the alliance and horde. 

Please leave a handful of servers up like you did with Legacy, that would only be fair to those who wish to keep playing as-is (especially those last-gen console users). You said you would slowly shut them all down yet there's *still* a fair amount of *populated* legacy servers, so leaving a few Official servers doesn't seem too much of an ask.

Even if we had to pay a subscription to play them/keep them running, myself and many many others I know already said they would. It would be preferred and 1000x better than having to pay a 3rd party company for unofficial servers as well (and you'd get the money).

Also, please let us at least keep our implant progress (not levels, just our progress), since it is already tied to our characters themselves via Vernacular ID. That wouldn't seem too difficult to implement for ASA from ASE.”

3 minutes ago, Mike585x said:
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1