Community Crunch 366: Introducing Fasolasuchus!

StudioWildcard

On 6/16/2023 at 6:09 PM, RaephClark said:

Really excited for this new creature! It sounds like an amped-up version of Gargua's Concavenator from ARK: Additions!

It is awesome getting the new creatures and new adds in the game, but why are we so focused on this, and not the corruption of snail games?  Why are we allowing them to pretty much ruin the future of this game. It saddens me to see this downward spiral from wildcard.  There is enough of us, your supporters that can simply just play a different game, and not purchase ascension, or Ark two.  The chiice is yours…

• Thanks 4

8 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Sad but true. Hopeless believer in fairness that I am I know I'm only screaming into the wind. The sampling of terror you have provided me was sufficient. With it I will be sustained for another year.

So we agree, then ? No Maevia ? That's the deal as I understood it !
Yeah, I appreciate our conversations here, but I have no illusions that anyone with the ability of changing things is reading the feedback. 

6 hours ago, Sw00per5633 said:

Just a QOL idea, make it so the whistle follow all tab is a hold tab like unclaiming instead of just a quick thing. I have had countless instances of whistling all when I'm in the middle of my base surrounded by over a hundred tames. 

In the meantime, I suggest doing what I did : changing the key binding for it, for a key further away from WASD. No more accidental clicking ! 
Key bindings have a lot of issues in Ark (including making fishing essentially impossible if you rebind the "wrong" key... not that the devs have EVER cared about people who need to rebind their keys for accessibility reasons !), but they can still be a useful tool.

Edited by ladyteruki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, PaleoGamer said:

Noooo... You think?

Sorry, couldn't resist. :D

With ASA being for cash injection and now given when you hit September, big hitters like Starfield will start hitting the market, I'd expect they'll try and push out ASA in August in one state or another to avoid the overlap. So...there is still a chance of release withing they window they set (even as they're already kinda wiggling around the date they mentioned)

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, ladyteruki said:

So we agree, then ? No Maevia ? That's the deal as I understood it !
Yeah, I appreciate our conversations here, but I have no illusions that anyone with the ability of changing things is reading the feedback. 

Well, from my end at least. Granted you never had to worry about me voting anyway given the fact that I haven't voted since before Rhynio won, what with me not getting ASA. At this point I just read submissions and get mouthy when one catches my eye for better or worse, lol.

Молодцы!) Думаю, что именно таких существ мы так ждали, чтобы увидеть в нашем любимом ковчеге! Всегда хочется в захватывающее приключение, где в песчаных дюнах нас будет ждать именно этот опасный малыш))

Edited by CutePredator
  • Facepalm 1

Ooo I like the new lizard thingy! But Im A little sad cuzz I was hoping for cheetahs and lions lol.

I’m staring to look forward to the new ark ascended. I’m hoping for lots and lots of character customization.. lots of new outfits.. some girly ones too.. and more hairstyles and face and body sliders..like black desert.. oo and maybe make up and maybe war paint and tattoos? 

I like to play on roleplaying servers so I guess having mods will open stuff up. But like having elf ears or wings, or wolf ears and tails or having a event were you can turn into a werewolf or vampire would be cool.. could have a buffs and weaknesses and a cure.. it be cool for the roleplay servers. I rp as a fairy or a elf.. sometimes a mermaid.. there could be something in the settings to turn it off and on..

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

1 hour ago, jonin said:

But like having elf ears or wings, or wolf ears and tails or having a event were you can turn into a werewolf or vampire would be cool.. could have a buffs and weaknesses and a cure.. it be cool for the roleplay servers. I rp as a fairy or a elf.. sometimes a mermaid.. there could be something in the settings to turn it off and on..

Hey buddy I think you got the wrong forum, the elder scrolls forum is two blocks down.

• Haha 8
  • Sad 1

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Jurassicguy said:

Is any one else having problems submitting their vote every time I try to submit my vote the button just grays out and doesn't go through because before it said thank you for voting 

Well firstly voting ended on Monday.

And secondly if it said thank you for voting before then haven't you already voted?

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, ladymarina said:

Gp we have less than 2 months. August is literally a month away. 

In the roadmap they said "end of August" and in the follow-up Crunch they said they will be sunsetting official servers on 31st August "shortly before ASA release".

So yes we still have over 2 months at the earliest.

I cant believe its right around the corner! I am overly excited to experience the upgraded version of ark to ASA!!!!!! Ive always wished for as long as ark existed that it would continue on thriving because its my favorite game of all time, hands down. I love the breeding system, the dino's and the overall open feeling from the game!!! Ive always been sad about how it has mostly ran poorly on computers, so I'm crossing my fingers on awesome optimization and DLSS support!!!!!!!  Yaaaaaay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Every time I see another one of these community updates, I'm just craving and waiting for more screenshots and updates on ASA!!! I would love to see the updated raptors!!! I'm also over the moon about the addition of wild BABIES! Ive always used mods on the steam version of the game to enable wild babies and wild egg spawns so this is just icing on the cake. THANK YOU! <3333

6 hours ago, ladymarina said:

Gp we have less than 2 months. August is literally a month away. 

From today to the declared end we have 70 days.  And we have no more idea of any and all changes, dates, what  will be, what will not be, we have only faint comment that ASA will be available 'soon' , other than that all we know sure is the name ... Ark: Survival Ascended

Edit: Going to several official servers to 'gander' at what is happening, it is obvious to see that most likely in the next 30 or days the majority of them will have wiped themselves clean, for a lot are now empty of not only players/tames, but a lot are free of structures, and a few will be occupied by new players who have no clue what is coming in 70 days..

Count Days
70 days
June 22, 2023 - August 31, 2023

Edited by Frack
added info
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, GP said:

In the roadmap they said "end of August" and in the follow-up Crunch they said they will be sunsetting official servers on 31st August "shortly before ASA release".

So yes we still have over 2 months at the earliest 

GP I don't know what to believe I believe it's going to be by the beginning of August I have no belief in anything they say at all. Who knows they might change it around again they sure have already.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, ladymarina said:

GP I don't know what to believe I believe it's going to be by the beginning of August I have no belief in anything they say at all. Who knows they might change it around again they sure have already.

I'm not sure anyone has ever believed that something will release weeks earlier than Wildcard state it will. You do know Wildcard right? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/16/2023 at 9:32 PM, CosmicSkeleton said:

To be fair, even if they aren't beat for beat the same there's several creatures in game that are at least reasonably similar to their real world counterparts. Utahs (if you ignore the broken wrists), dire wolves, thylas, rhinos, bears, megalodons, sarcs, the list goes on. They'd do about what you'd expect the real things to do. Then they go balls to the wall and make things like araneos who spit silk (yes I know there's a species of spider that does this but at araneo's size they'd realistically just over power their prey and like modern bird spiders the sheer force of the bite and fang size would kill it before the venom had a chance to), deinonychus scaling sheer cliffs, and tropeos with the jaw power to grind hard objects to their base components. Wildcard's jumping the shark so hard it's kissing the stratosphere with some of their creatures.

True, a few creatures are paleo accurate (mostly the island)

But utahraptor and megalodons are far from accurate lmao, I guess you could argue that all megs are juveniles in ARK.

The allosaurus hatchet bite still gives me a headache.

1 hour ago, Vesdied said:

True, a few creatures are paleo accurate (mostly the island)

But utahraptor and megalodons are far from accurate lmao, I guess you could argue that all megs are juveniles in ARK.

The allosaurus hatchet bite still gives me a headache.

That's why I said reasonably after saying they aren't one to one. I was more so just referring to what they could do being sensible

• Thanks 1