• Volunteer Moderator
11 minutes ago, voidgeckus98 said:

I recommend you to talk to the creator of the creature before you make any changes, and if you are going to make a loss change add the images.

Anyone can suggest any changes they want. Nobody owns the rights to the idea. Change away.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CampJz said:

Although I will change it so it will be more balanced 

The skills will eventually get tweaked by Wildcard, so there should be no worries if it's OP or not, just put all the suggestions you can and the devs will pick and choose or come up with their own ideas instead.

You'd never know they might put the skills in other features or creatures instead.

Our ideas and their decision to integrate it into ARK thru other means makes the game better. 

Considering what happened to the Rynio which obviously wasn't to be the "sky giga", there is no way this would end up the way the post describes. These posts that try and bait people in with flashy titles and over the top suggestions need to stop, it's extremely misleading.

The pure fact that this creature has to be exagerated to such an extent says alot. Vote based on the creatures appearance and it's obvious inherant characteristics, the abilities are the last thing you should look at and should be taken with a grain of salt, especially depending on how OP they are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The concept of taming this critter is interesting but I am not a fan of bugs and we are getting a bug from the last time the community voted. I would love to see the Mammals and birds get added to Ark and I would love to see a big bird or big Cat, even other mammals make it in to ark this time. I would have liked this bug to have win over the one we are getting, But oh well we can't have everything we want in Ark lol, Good luck!

Edited by katann77573

• CampJz changed the title to [War Machine]-[Giga tamer]Desert Version Bastion Beetle New Details!!

The idea of a beetle is neat, but a lot of people, including myself, are just sick and tired of these "ultra OP creature" concepts - especially the ones that always have to include gigas into the equation. I just don't see why people are so obsessed with such a rare creature spawn that has such easy counters already. A majority of people want simple creatures that allow for more thought out creativity than "IT HAS DUAL MINIGUNS, ULTRA-HARD TAME, THIS CONCEPT IS VERY MUCH GUARENTEED!!!" 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 8:09 PM, ashgcy said:

As much as I hate to say it, I really can't vote for the beetle this contest.

The original idea, while powerful, still had a good idea of balance and niche and a realistic scope for the suggestion. While not every mechanic gets in, it was feasible enough that a majority of the idea could translate well to the game if it was added.

This new concept doesn't have that. Each title and tag update just seems to make it more wholly OP for the sole purpose of gaining votes. It's just piling more and more abilities on a creature to the point it feels really uninteresting. The fact that not even all of the original art from the previous content made it into the post originally really rubs me the wrong way. In short, it lacks the polish and attention to niche that most of the other top 10 suggestions have.

In addition, it doesn't even touch on the potential new changes that would benefit the concept with ASA's incoming code, it's just OP for OP sake. 

If there's another contest, I hope it returns in a much more reasonable suggestion of mechanics.

I'm with you here 100%, the true OP is probably rolling in their post because of the obvious and detrimental pandering that's slandered this poor creature. I really had hoped that someone competent was going to post this back up again, but alas, here we are...

On 4/10/2023 at 5:36 AM, OnCue said:

Considering what happened to the Rynio which obviously wasn't to be the "sky giga", there is no way this would end up the way the post describes. These posts that try and bait people in with flashy titles and over the top suggestions need to stop, it's extremely misleading.

The pure fact that this creature has to be exagerated to such an extent says alot. Vote based on the creatures appearance and it's obvious inherant characteristics, the abilities are the last thing you should look at and should be taken with a grain of salt, especially depending on how OP they are.

Been holding my tongue on the new vote since it won't affect me in baseline ASE but I'm inclined to agree with this here, if only because it gets tiring seeing OPs make over the top suggestions they likely know fullwell won't make it in but throw on anyway for the hype. Looking back on it that practice started and should have ended at dinopithecus using guns. Most people aren't going to take into account to the fact that suggested abilities will more than likely be cut. They'll just see the super flashy ideas and pictures and vote only to later be upset that the acid spitting, super damage sponge beetle with two different mounted turrets they thought they'd get just turned out to be a tanky dung beetle you can ride that might get a single gun like the andrew.

• CampJz changed the title to [War Machine]-[Giga tamer]Desert Version Bastion Beetle and original version!
On 4/10/2023 at 8:39 AM, ashgcy said:

As much as I hate to say it, I really can't vote for the beetle this contest.

The original idea, while powerful, still had a good idea of balance and niche and a realistic scope for the suggestion. While not every mechanic gets in, it was feasible enough that a majority of the idea could translate well to the game if it was added.

This new concept doesn't have that. Each title and tag update just seems to make it more wholly OP for the sole purpose of gaining votes. It's just piling more and more abilities on a creature to the point it feels really uninteresting. The fact that not even all of the original art from the previous content made it into the post originally really rubs me the wrong way. In short, it lacks the polish and attention to niche that most of the other top 10 suggestions have.

In addition, it doesn't even touch on the potential new changes that would benefit the concept with ASA's incoming code, it's just OP for OP sake. 

If there's another contest, I hope it returns in a much more reasonable suggestion of mechanics.

Agreed so hard with ash on this, the new poster has just butchered it and left it to rot. It’s a shadow of it’s former self.

4 hours ago, CampJz said:

If this pole gets 20 votes I will switch to the original concept 

Really man? Bartering likes to switch the idea back to the actually good concept? I'll just rip the bandage off so you stop prolonging it. Compared to the original post jack made the ideas you've given both overcrowd the creature and are, frankly, pretty bad for balance. It's essentially trying to draw in attention by making it super over the top, if it you did eventually have to acknowledge that wildcard will likely drop most if not all of the proposed ideas the fact is you still left them in and then proposed ever so slightly less crazy ideas as an alternative.  

You threw everything but the kitchen sink at the concept and now that people are explaining why that's a bad thing you're trying to squeeze out votes/likes for it in order for you to change it to what worked before.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

8 hours ago, CampJz said:

If this pole gets 20 Downvotes I will keep as is

8 hours ago, CampJz said:

If this pole gets 20 votes I will switch to the original concept 

My man... My man... This isnt how you go about this. I like this creature I really REALLY do. But what ive been seeing the past few days is you try to pander for votes. All you had to do was just keep it as it was previously. That idea was great but this is not. Don't do this.

4 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Really man? Bartering likes to switch the idea back to the actually good concept? I'll just rip the bandage off so you stop prolonging it. Compared to the original post jack made the ideas you've given both overcrowd the creature and are, frankly, pretty bad for balance. It's essentially trying to draw in attention by making it super over the top, if it you did eventually have to acknowledge that wildcard will likely drop most if not all of the proposed ideas the fact is you still left them in and then proposed ever so slightly less crazy ideas as an alternative.  

You threw everything but the kitchen sink at the concept and now that people are explaining why that's a bad thing you're trying to squeeze out votes/likes for it in order for you to change it to what worked before.

Dude just suck it. The votes were for th pole NOT the concept.Is it wrong to want this to win and do stuff to get votes. I am totally cool if just the original gets in. I put that stuff in so it could fit scorched earth 

3 hours ago, CampJz said:

Dude just suck it. The votes were for th pole NOT the concept.Is it wrong to want this to win and do stuff to get votes. I am totally cool if just the original gets in. I put that stuff in so it could fit scorched earth 

Someone appears upset that their attempt to get more support by dangling the better ideas was called out it seems. What you put in were ideas that a middle schooler would come up with if told to design a creature. Nothing you added "fits" scorched earth barring burrowing which is itself not an exclusively useful to SE trait. Cry more.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

Well what your proposing just extend to other Maps and that will not happen and the Abilities you give to the creature are just completly stupid and it descredit the original post that was okay unlike your post that is trying to gets people to vote for garbage

9 hours ago, CampJz said:

On 4/11/2023 at 4:38 AM, CosmicSkeleton said:

Been holding my tongue on the new vote since it won't affect me in baseline ASE but I'm inclined to agree with this here, if only because it gets tiring seeing OPs make over the top suggestions they likely know fullwell won't make it in but throw on anyway for the hype. Looking back on it that practice started and should have ended at dinopithecus using guns. Most people aren't going to take into account to the fact that suggested abilities will more than likely be cut. They'll just see the super flashy ideas and pictures and vote only to later be upset that the acid spitting, super damage sponge beetle with two different mounted turrets they thought they'd get just turned out to be a tanky dung beetle you can ride that might get a single gun like the andrew.

20 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

11 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Someone appears upset that their attempt to get more support by dangling the better ideas was called out it seems. What you put in were ideas that a middle schooler would come up with if told to design a creature. Nothing you added "fits" scorched earth barring burrowing which is itself not an exclusively useful to SE trait. Cry more.

Been holding our tongue have we? Bro no one is forcing you to vote for it. But just shut up with constant negativity. I am not saying you are wrong but just leave me and the post alone. Apparently 380 votes and third place agree with me. I can take suggestions but at least give me some instead of just say this is crap bc of this. Give me something to improve why don’t you. If you want me to go back to old concept just put a up on my pole to reset it. No not concept the POLE!!!

• CampJz changed the title to [War Machine]-[Orginal]Desert Version Bastion Beetle