WC pls let us once transfer our chars (only) from ARK to ARK: Survival Ascended

DedulkaDED

Suggestion

26 replies to this server topic

The only good thing about all this disaster is the fresh start imo. This is a pvp players perspective tho. Starting from zero on the new game could be lots of fun, especially since the shtty maps are not in at the beginning (extinction, gen1, gen2). Depends on the details regarding balancing and anti cheat system that are yet to be revealed. But if that fits, my group might buy it despite the horrible behavior from wildcard (and snail games behind them (fck snail games, been affected by their cheat tribes and pocket admins several times)). Simply because there is still no game on the market that offers a comparable experience as ark does. Dont want to support these business practices, but also dont want to miss out on the potential fun.

So yeah, char transfers is a big no from me personally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I and a lot of the players I have talked to are done with ARK all together. I have been with ark since it first came out. I have 3 full accounts that have thousands of dinos that I have tamed, breed and raised myself. I have paid out over $200 in getting the 3 accounts and all the DLCs. I will never buy another wildcard game again. How can We trust that when UE6 comes out in 2 or 3 years they will not do the same thing all over again. WE CANNOT! I have talked with over 1000 players and we are done with them. Wildcard just signed their own death warrant. Anyone who buys the "New ASA" is a fool and the ARK 2 game will never come out. They have continued to put the release of the game of for 3 yrs. 

Edited by Tawodie

1 minute ago, Tawodie said:

I an a lot of the players I have talked to are done with ARK all together. I have been with ark since it first came out. I have 3 full accounts that have thousands of dinos hat I have tamed, breed and raised myself. I have paid out over $200 in getting he 3 accounts and all the DLCs. I will never buy another wildcard game again. How can We trust that when UE6 comes out in 2 or 3 years they will not do the same thing all over again. WE CANNOT! I have talked with over 1000 players and we are done with them. Wildcard just signed their own death warrant. Anyone who buys the "New ASA" is a fool and the ARK 2 game will never come out. They have continued to put the release of the game of for 3 yrs. 

When should the servers have shut down?

Yeah, they're not going to do that. It's not just the graphical upgrades, they're making gameplay changes and adding entirely new events and it's going to exist concurrently with Ark 2 for years to come (basically ASA is going to be for the people who just don't like the gameplay direction Ark 2 is being taken in...dark souls combat, etc..and want to stay with original Ark). So it's literally a fresh start on a new version of Ark 1. Letting people bring their level 100+ character with all the engrams (which, engrams may well be changed/added for ASA since they already mentioned new items like smaller tek teleporters) wouldn't be fair to someone who buys ASA having never played the game before.

And I say that as someone who's been playing on official PVE for over 6 years. Ironically due to auto decay I lost my entire dino collection and bases, so ironically the servers being shut down doesn't hurt nearly as bad as it would otherwise. At this point a fresh start sounds nice.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, margifish said:

Yeah, they're not going to do that. It's not just the graphical upgrades,

Not to mention they are completely reworking how characters and accounts work (in a good way).

That's one of the main reasons you can't transfer anything I would be willing to bet.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

Not to mention they are completely reworking how characters and accounts work (in a good way).

That's one of the main reasons you can't transfer anything I would be willing to bet.

What possible changes  would be made to change characters ? WASD not going work? E being changed to ~?  Right mouse button be removed? Accounts being encoded in a secret code? They aren't recoding anything the are just 'moving' to UE5, fixing a few things like snap points , which has no impact on dino's or players...

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Frack said:

What possible changes  would be made to change characters ? WASD not going work? E being changed to ~?  Right mouse button be removed? Accounts being encoded in a secret code? They aren't recoding anything the are just 'moving' to UE5, fixing a few things like snap points , which has no impact on dino's or players...

Re-read the Crunch.

On 4/7/2023 at 4:15 AM, DedulkaDED said:

@Jatheish
On official servers most part of players has already ascended characters..
If new ARK is calling 'survival ascended' so let us transfer our ascended chars there - one way transfer and just once

Just allow players to go to a Obelisk , use the transfer to Ascended  World, add all your dinos cryo'd, any items you feel ya got to have, BP's, ChiBi's, yourself.  Then when ASA come you down load them stuff like normal 

• Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, Frack said:

I have , nothing there to see

not that is important but I have imported characters from UE4 to UE5 for work it was easily done

"We will deliver cross-platform modding, cross-platform multiplayer & a new account system,"

• Cross-platform Multiplayer
    • This includes cross-platform accounts and cross-progression, cross-voice chat & friends, etc. No matter what platform you start playing on, you can access your account, character, dinos, and items on a different platform for the ultimate cross-platform experience.
Edited by Joebl0w13

5 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

As you can see. That's not what they are doing here. They are creating a unified character system.

Nothing about that prevents them from migrating characters from UE4 to UE5. Mind you, I'm not arguing that they should, I think there are other arguments based on in-game-play reasoning that could be used to against migrating characters.

I'm not arguing against the decision, I'm arguing against the idea that this specific argument is valid. It's a technical hurdle that could be overcome.

• Volunteer Moderator
56 minutes ago, Pipinghot said:

Nothing about that prevents them from migrating characters from UE4 to UE5. Mind you, I'm not arguing that they should, I think there are other arguments based on in-game-play reasoning that could be used to against migrating characters.

I'm not arguing against the decision, I'm arguing against the idea that this specific argument is valid. It's a technical hurdle that could be overcome.

That's my point. From the way it's worded, it doesn't look to have anything to do with UEx. Much like when WoW moved from having a 'WoW' account to a Battle Net account encompassing their entire catalog.

Edited by Joebl0w13

7 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That's my point. From the way it's worded, it doesn't look to have anything to do with UEx. Much like when WoW moved from having a 'WoW' account to a Battle Net account encompassing their entire catalog.

Did you have to restart WoW with a level 1 character?

Edit: our characters are tied to our steam account, unless they are moving away from steam then I'm pretty sure it should be possible to import the character data. I would like WC to explain if and why it's impossible to import data from ASE to ASA, and be open to options or solutions.

Edited by Frael

11 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That's true, from the way it's worded they're not planning to migrate characters from UE4 to UE5... which is exactly why the OP is requesting that they do so. The OP wouldn't need to ask them to do something they're already planning to do.

I've played on official off and on over the last 8 years. There are so many cheated in dinos and items floating around. It would completely unbalance the game if mega tribes were allowed to transfer all their stuff over. While i can understand solo people wanting to keep their stuff, you have to keep in mind that the game play also caters to mega tribes. Their ability to transfer stuff would completely flood the new servers. Giving them an unfair advantage. If its gotta wipe, it needs to be a clean wipe so its fair to everyone. 

As for having to pay for Ascended, so many games die because they never upgrade the game to keep up with newer releases. Those upgrades require people and people don't work for free.

22 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

"We will deliver cross-platform modding, cross-platform multiplayer & a new account system,"

• This includes cross-platform accounts and cross-progression, cross-voice chat & friends, etc. No matter what platform you start playing on, you can access your account, character, dinos, and items on a different platform for the ultimate cross-platform experience.

none of that has anything do with in game character creation or gameplay or importing UE4 tp UE5

as1.png

I get why you do not want to or cant port everything we have over due to the way you are updating the game in U5. its not how other companies did it but thats another story. I DO believe you can copy our characters IF they are in data and upload them to DATA in ascendant.

I for one do not want to lose all my stats. I do not and never have liked that the levels Ive earned are based on boss fights that I never wanted to do in the first place. I would not have minded if the boss fights could be solo'd on official servers but its not been my experience. Ive always had to go along with someone elses group. its not always easy to find folks to go with as MANY people want REAL dollars for doing boss fights.

I want what Ive already done to be passed along so I do not have to do it again in addition to starting over with taming and building a base.

I do not have you wild card. I love ark. just asking you to meet me in the middle as it were.

btw I love WC. I do not love snails of any kind whatsoever.

Wait, does that mean they are finally gonna fix that scenario where you can never access the same character again just because you start up a server from a different place? 

On 4/8/2023 at 3:19 PM, Joebl0w13 said:

I would be leaping for joy if that were the case. im so damn sick of having to find solutions around their own server creation problems and summarily destroying the ability to log into my own character forever just because the old way of trying to log into my server just got made obsolete or some poop.