Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

Silly question but Beginner Servers are Official right?

I mainly play 899 Beginner server PS4... luckily for me I don't have to worry about losing everything like most of you because it wipes every 8 weeks... but damn I'm going to miss the community.  It's a very competitive and active server with a lot of the same tribes competing for top spot each wipe. Server wipes are always a rush, I've been playing with or against a lot of the same players for years. But the RIP to official and PS4 I'm guessing this is RIP to the game as I know it.

I know there are so many ways to play the game, but this was the one that kept me hooked. Sorry had to vent. 

I don't mind paying for an upgrade... just the server shut down seems very sudden.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Illeyejah said:

Silly question but Beginner Servers are Official right?

I mainly play 899 Beginner server PS4... luckily for me I don't have to worry about losing everything like most of you because it wipes every 8 weeks... but damn I'm going to miss the community.  It's a very competitive and active server with a lot of the same tribes competing for top spot each wipe. Server wipes are always a rush, I've been playing with or against a lot of the same players for years. But the RIP to official and PS4 I'm guessing this is RIP to the game as I know it.

I know there are so many ways to play the game, but this was the one that kept me hooked. Sorry had to vent. 

I don't mind paying for an upgrade... just the server shut down seems very sudden.

Yes, beginner servers are official.

For what it's worth, there's a good possibility that the "new" servers for ASA will have the same names or very similar names with the same numbers (it might be something like ASA_899_beginner... you get the idea), so you might end up running into the same people. When they wipe the servers just look for "899" and see if it still exists.

I'm hoping this hype will die down soon.  I want us to get on with it already.  It isn't a worse case scenario.  I'm okay with paying wildcard to upgrade ark.  They're employees at work let them get a paycheck.  

Will Ark Ascension be an exact copy of Ark Survival in all things?  Will there be the type of official servers for AA as there was for AS?  Like will Beginner Servers be in AA?

Hype?

It isn't hype if you paid for the game 70 +. And there isn't anything they are doing for PS4 players or Xbox one players it's sad. Ark 2 will be a new game don't mind paying The 59.99 for that it's a new game. But a remastered game after paying so much? And closing the servers you have been on for over 2 years. Hype I think not.

On 4/3/2023 at 1:19 PM, Beeso7 said:

Hi, I have a family member who plays ark on a they've took notice of players talking in the game chat stating some servers are going to be wiped.

Could anybody please check if the server on ps are due to be deletd?

Servers 630, and 1153. Thanks.

Yess All Oficjal Server For PS4 its off 

We are all absolutely devasted the ARK is going to have the servers taken down in August, players such as my self who has only been playing the game a year gutted and in 2 minds now to even bother playing it again. All those hours time and frustration fun making friends and everything else will be gone. Our bases but most of all the amazing animals and dinos we took time to breed and tame. Some people have had this game since it first released i can imagine how angry and sad they are gonna be. i have Gigas to raise and after hearing what will happen in August im not gonna bother... and for those who can not afford or need a ps5 we got to struggle to get a decent server on the ps4 so for me... its the end of ARK i think they will lose alot of players but depends if they are wiling to spend and start again.

• Like 1

I have over 7500 hours over 8 years. I have no problem paying for Ascended regardless of the final price. The value i've gotten from this game over the years makes it well worth the price. So many good games die because they don't get this kind of update and players move on to newer games for better graphics and other advancements.

As for official, it needs to be wiped. Its a mess with all the cheating going on. Who would want to start over with all the old stuff cheated in. Lets just hope they fix the problems that made official a mess to start with. I do feel sorry for the people that have recently started ark that play on official servers but for the good of the game, it needs to be updated otherwise those newer people won't have anyone to play with.

This isn't the first time ark has wiped the official servers. It wasn't the end of the game then, and its not the end of the game now. 

• Thanks 1

better graphics will not fix cheating. new engine will fix for sure some stuffs like draw calls (thanks to a proper d3d12 backend) and few other stuffs related to client side, but cheating, gameplay balance, decay times (nobody spoke about decay times!), server crashes etc aren't related with client engine at all

Edited by darkradeon

45 minutes ago, Zerina said:

I have over 7500 hours over 8 years. I have no problem paying for Ascended regardless of the final price. The value i've gotten from this game over the years makes it well worth the price. So many good games die because they don't get this kind of update and players move on to newer games for better graphics and other advancements.

As for official, it needs to be wiped. Its a mess with all the cheating going on. Who would want to start over with all the old stuff cheated in. Lets just hope they fix the problems that made official a mess to start with. I do feel sorry for the people that have recently started ark that play on official servers but for the good of the game, it needs to be updated otherwise those newer people won't have anyone to play with.

This isn't the first time ark has wiped the official servers. It wasn't the end of the game then, and its not the end of the game now. 

That might be but they still need to help out the Xbox 1 and PS4 players. For example cloud gaming and. Maybe a discount like maybe 15 dollars for ark remastered and expansions. As said before if it was ark 2 it would be ok but a remastered game shouldn't be so expensive.

2 hours ago, Zerina said:

Valid arguments, and of course you have a right to be willing to spend money even if your argument wasn't valid. Your money is your money and you can spend it however you like. No disagreement there.

As for official, it needs to be wiped. Its a mess with all the cheating going on.

That's not going to change. They're almost instantly going to be a mess again, because WildCard is still WildCard and PvP players are still PvP players - some portion of PvP players will always be deliberate cheaters, and WildCard will never care all the much about cheating, they only care about it when it's good PR.

Who would want to start over with all the old stuff cheated in.

There's some truth to that, for a short while it will be stuff that people have earned, but then as soon as people can figure out how to do it there will be new stuff cheated in. That problem, quite simply, will not be fixed by moving to UE5, it's more of a WildCard-management-attitude issue than an ARK issue.

Lets just hope they fix the problems that made official a mess to start with.

They won't. The basic reasons why PvP is a mess will not change. They will seem better for a short time but very quickly will end up just like they are now.

I do feel sorry for the people that have recently started ark that play on official servers but for the good of the game, it needs to be updated otherwise those newer people won't have anyone to play with.

If that's the reason, "for the good of the game", then WC should be giving rebates to people who paid for a game that's rapidly going to  be removed from Official servers. It's not for the good of the game, it's for the good of WildCard and their bank account.

You're right, it wont. But whether it ends the game or not isn't the real issue, that's pretty much a non-argument.

I have played on official legacy from the beginning, suffered through server migrations et cetera.

Will they make the Xbox server saves available? When/if they do how will that work? 

Sorry if this question has been answered before could you point me to the answer.

Just a sad player whose favorite color event (Easter) has had me offline for 3 days, because of this news.

On 4/3/2023 at 3:12 AM, 460Galaxy said:

I believe partly this decision was made because they know damn well a large portion of the community wouldve stayed on og ark and never bought or played ark 2.

Trying to read through the thread and that stood out as it is what I've been saying to my friends in private. Greedy buggers don't want us to be og.

On 4/2/2023 at 7:00 PM, Bates1960 said:

To Wildcard 

I will not be paying for the new Ark game that i have already pay for.  I have been a loyal to Wildcard and Ark from the bata this will be the 4th time that I have restart and rebuild my tribe from the ground up cause of poor actions and distions for your team.  Why do you think that your actions with shutting down a game that ever one pay for to bring out the same game that ppl have already payed for and make your player base pay 50 + of the same game where you can bring out a pach or dlc to do the same thing and keep your player base happy instead of pissing them all off.

I am calling for a boycott of this move and a boycott for the up coming Ark 2.  We as the customer have power and should hold the wildcard accountable for this poor choise that wildcard is making here.   We as a comunity should be banding together and making wildcard put a stop to this 

So put a stop to updating ASE to ASA? Also put a stop to ARK 2?

You do realize (or maybe not), that you paid for ARK 1 (ASE), not ASA or ARK 2, right?

If you want to see the game get better and continue, then they need customers to pay more than once every 5 years or so. Heck, I bought ARK back in 2016, so 8 years ago. I did buy a few DLCs, so a few more bucks from me, but I got a great game for something like $20 a year. So for the price of 5 lattes a year. Pretty good deal if you ask me.

You can boycott all you want. If you aren't paying any more money for ASA or ARK 2, then why would they care? You aren't a customer of theirs at that point. Customers spend more money, which apparently you don't want to do.

3 hours ago, wildbill said:

"So put a stop to updating ASE to ASA?"

"You do realize (or maybe not), that you paid for ARK 1 (ASE), not ASA "

ASA is ASE spelling aside, if WC did not use the ASE code by importing into UE5, then it would be a new game.

ASA is just ASE in a new suit, TheIsland will still be TheIsland but with more polygons, SE is still SE with more polygons.

We are promised fixes, QOL improvements, new interface, loss of platforms, added platforms.  (for 8 years so far)

But it ain't new, those of us with thousands of hours of experience will rush past new players simply because we 'know'  how things work, where things are, which things are important and which are not.... 

The only thing we 'may' have to learn is the new 'snap points' ... which might be all of 10 minutes 

and as for money, they could have made tons by adding a fee to migrate from ASE to ASA, and all the minority of official players would have gladly given it ...

And a new map would have been one huge hooray and give more $$$

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2023 at 11:09 AM, ladymarina said:

Hello above been on Ark:Se since 2017.  I have bought all the games , expansions. I'm on Xbox one. I cannot afford to buy another game system. All the years I put into the server, and the game is going to just vanish😭😭😭😭😭.

If you already have the game shouldn't the game be discounted.For the users  that already have all the games? I have all the games. I understand it's going to be in U.I.5 but I still don't want to be on pay for the game all over again. 

What will you do for players on Xbox one or PS4? How will the servers save our dinos buildings etc?

I get it. I'm on an old-gen console (Xbox One) and this isn't anything worth buying a new system (Although I still might do it because of other reasons). But UE5 can only be recognized to it's full potential in those new consoles. Older consoles just aren't powerful enough for optimal gameplay. It's the sad truth. Now, I'd appreciate an optimized version with much of the lag heavily cut down on, and compressed as a whole, but that's too much to ask.

Cheers, good luck, and have a great rest of your day!

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic