Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

42 minutes ago, Mike585x said:

For some reason, it says you are not allowed to receive direct messages. I'm not sure why. I was trying not to mention server name on here but I guess it doesn't matter. 1553.

Yeah, no idea why I can't DM.  I don't see settings for it either.  I just created this account before making that first post a couple of days ago.

Thank you for the offer, but I believe you said you are on Gen2.  I like to play Fjordur.  Also, yesterday I came across the SpawnExactDino command.  Using that and a couple of other commands, I should be able to recreate any dino.  With other commands, I can get my character and items back.  It seems like a good way to go.

But, I now see DrD's post saying I should be able to upload from official and download into my SP world.  So, I will try that first.

5 minutes ago, DinoFan said:

Yeah, no idea why I can't DM.  I don't see settings for it either.  I just created this account before making that first post a couple of days ago.

Thank you for the offer, but I believe you said you are on Gen2.  I like to play Fjordur.  Also, yesterday I came across the SpawnExactDino command.  Using that and a couple of other commands, I should be able to recreate any dino.  With other commands, I can get my character and items back.  It seems like a good way to go.

But, I now see DrD's post saying I should be able to upload from official and download into my SP world.  So, I will try that first.

There will be problems.  And a lot of them. 

1 hour ago, DinoFan said:

There will be a Fjordur map on our cluster as well, it hasn't been established yet though

1 hour ago, DinoFan said:

With which part?  The upload and then download?  Or, when using SpawnExactDino and other admin commands?

You'll find out everything soon.  But there are a lot of errors, shortcomings, etc.  I have already partially described everything, but I still need a few specific tests.

Speaking of which, does anyone remember the name of this multicolor event?  It was probably written somewhere what command to enter on the console.

Edited by Noffek

3 hours ago, DinoFan said:

If you plan in upload your dinos, do in creatures, not in Cryopod in Ark data. If you do in cryopod, when you pull out will be level 1 and losing their colors. Also, upload max 140 dinos each time. Is the only way I was able to download every Dino without any losses. And when you download in your single player, first write the command cheat saveworld, save, download a Dino and save, another dino and save again, and repeat that with every animal. This is also the only way I never crashed and lost everything from the last save. I currently downloaded like 1200 dinos without an issue doing that. Is very tedious but after dozens of tests is the only safe way to do it. Good luck with that

Edited by DrD

On 9/13/2023 at 1:32 PM, DrD said:

If you plan in upload your dinos, do in creatures, not in Cryopod in Ark data. If you do in cryopod, when you pull out will be level 1 and losing their colors. Also, upload max 140 dinos each time. Is the only way I was able to download every Dino without any losses. And when you download in your single player, first write the command cheat saveworld, save, download a Dino and save, another dino and save again, and repeat that with every animal. This is also the only way I never crashed and lost everything from the last save. I currently downloaded like 1200 dinos without an issue doing that. Is very tedious but after dozens of tests is the only safe way to do it. Good luck with that

When you say cryopod causes dino to revert to level 1, do you just mean the exp goes to zero and added levels go away?  Or, do you mean they lose base stats and actually end up a level 1 creature?  Restoring exp should be an easy admin command, though annoying to do.

@Mike585x looking for a new Fjordur PVE server after the one I'm on gets shut down. Is there a way to transfer my saved data to someone else's nitrado server. I mean I'm probably coming over regardless but it would be nice not to have to start from scratch. I may get Nitrado for one month so I can get my saved data and then hoping I can supply the file to some other host. Or maybe if I can just upload to single player or non dedicated and then at least transfer the dinos. Either way willing to pitch in for the cost of server just didn't want to pay $20+/mo. Where will information be posted about server names and all that jazz?

58 minutes ago, jtsquared said:

@Mike585x looking for a new Fjordur PVE server after the one I'm on gets shut down. Is there a way to transfer my saved data to someone else's nitrado server. I mean I'm probably coming over regardless but it would be nice not to have to start from scratch. I may get Nitrado for one month so I can get my saved data and then hoping I can supply the file to some other host. Or maybe if I can just upload to single player or non dedicated and then at least transfer the dinos. Either way willing to pitch in for the cost of server just didn't want to pay $20+/mo. Where will information be posted about server names and all that jazz?

We have the Fjordur server up and running currently (using last months save and will NOT be updating it with the new one next week, so will remain as-is). What you could do, is move everything to one of our servers that IS getting updated, and then after new Server Save can transfer everything to Fjordur. We have a discord with all information, message me for more details.

I found when attempting to run any larger backup as Single Player it was impossible and caused massive LAG to the point I couldn't really do anything in-game to clean anything up.

However - on the same machine - I ran the official backup as a dedicated server.  https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Dedicated_server_setup

This seems to work much better and allowed me in-game to connect to this "server"  and even though running on the same machine I could actually do things in-game to help tidy it up.

Once you have access to the save file and can reasonably execute commands either in-game or via RCON you can use my app to identify and clean it up for use as an unofficial server or much smaller single player file:  

On 4/4/2023 at 1:11 AM, Leweyman89 said:

Ok so i dont have x or s series i only have xbox s so with that being said if i read this forum right in august when they shut down the servers those of us on official server will be able to upload are saves to a single player save i have a pc unofficial server i bought is that a thing or did i read that wrong 

For what I hear we're not even going to be getting that option only to switch over to nitrado servers making us have to pay unfortunately they won't answer anyone's questions really they won't clarify but I believe not I believe that is only for PC people even though......😟 don't know anymore

On 9/23/2023 at 4:31 PM, MirageUK said:

I found when attempting to run any larger backup as Single Player it was impossible and caused massive LAG to the point I couldn't really do anything in-game to clean anything up.

However - on the same machine - I ran the official backup as a dedicated server.  https://ark.wiki.gg/wiki/Dedicated_server_setup

This seems to work much better and allowed me in-game to connect to this "server"  and even though running on the same machine I could actually do things in-game to help tidy it up.

Once you have access to the save file and can reasonably execute commands either in-game or via RCON you can use my app to identify and clean it up for use as an unofficial server or much smaller single player file:  

yes it's a graphics memory over-commit issue, basically in single player / non-dedicated session games ARK will allocate for each char present on the server the related texture and other stuff in graphics memory.  EDIT: the same will happen for tames and structures but chars have the biggest amount of memory usually.
This will fill very fast all VRAM of the graphics card and start allocating in the full vritual address of the graphics memory disposed by the graphics driver (which is usually around almost 2.5 times the dedicated graphics memory, but it varies depending on system RAM and graphics driver as well about virtual address spaces size in bit of the graphics card), causing swapping issues on the paging file. If even shared memory isn't enough the ARK process will crash.

This means best thing to do is starting the save in a server, joining it and removing all chars before importing that in single player/ non-dedicated session games.

Maybe a workstation graphics card like the RTX A6000 with 48GB dedicated graphics memory may handle most of big saves but I am not totally sure about the top 10 XD

Edited by darkradeon

You can download the complete server and upload it to your own private server, unless you are on console. In that case you have to rent your server from Nitrado.
Connection timeout does not mean the server is already closed, this is just ARK as usual. Servers close next friday end of the evening.
On initial saves you couls see profile files named after implant number but these are now saved differently as these files also could contained IP information, I have no idea how it is embedded now.
For transfering between servers you have to be on the same cluster so there is not a direct way to save your character from official to unofficial.

10 hours ago, sormacri said:

AND HOW DO I KNOW IF MY CHARACTER WAS SAVED  IF THEY ALREADY SHUT DOWN THE OFFICIAL SERVER WHERE I WAS PLAYING? CAUSE I CAN T CONNECT WITH THAT SERVER WHERE I WAS PLAYING

ALWAYS CONNECTION TIME OUT

The last server save will be started in 04 days 08 hours when they shutdown the servers, the final save snapshot will be provided on Thursday, October 5th (10/5).

Your character save is identified in your "steamid".arktributetribe file

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic