Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers

ladymarina

It looks like a mess, are you able to open a server save in single player at least with an average Pc?

In my opinion they should just start charging for the official servers , its a mistake to give free MMO servers for years for a game you buy once. 

Same for Ascended, they should give a limited amount of free official time when you buy the game. Like 1 year free then a small amount per month of 50% off the monthly fee per year.

Free endless MMO servers are money pits, they cost too much to run.

Edited by Herbapou
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Herbapou said:

It looks like a mess, are you able to open a server save in single player at least with an average Pc?

In my opinion they should just start charging for the official servers , its a mistake to give free MMO servers for years for a game you buy once. 

Same for Ascended, they should give a limited amount of free official time when you buy the game. Like 1 year free then a small amount per month of 50% off the monthly fee per year.

You are technically paying for it. Don't you need gamepass to play multiplayer?

I'm assuming games on gamepass and using xbox network gets some sort of cut.

• Thanks 1

I've never bought gamepass. It's not required for multiplayer. I've played (accidentally) on PVP servers, and prefer PVE. Only a couple of game modes require multipass, I believe they are the ARK conquest servers. They had/have no financial structure for paying server maintenance, except for new purchases and DLC.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

hmmm.....but you at least have the Gold Membership...right? [XBox]

You dont need a gold membership or a gamepass to play on PC (windows or stream).  Not sure if they get a cut from it on consoles, good question.  That being said, you will be able to play ASA without buying it if you have an xbox gamepass and they will get a cut.

Point is you cant maintain servers for free indefinitely, they need a recurring revenue for it.

Edited by Herbapou
  • Thanks 1

I just tested 892 worldsave in steam single player and even without .arkprofiles the account get automatically recognized if this had a char on such save. Be sure to use both -newsaveformat -usestore in the steam/epic command line options for ARK. As for performance, I will looking forward if there is an alternative on wiping all dinos out of pods since the command will kill also your tames outside cryopods, rafts, skiffs, meks included.

19 minutes ago, MelodyMay said:

Please can someone simply answer this. Can I save my xbox game legacy and official dinosaurs and bases without hiring a server?

I read originally we would be able to transfer everything to offline play.

sadly Wildcard didn't make any console save public. But I will be honest: even if those were public, unless those official saves are really small servers (which is really uncommon based on PC Steam/EGS official server) your console would not have enough memory and power to run such saves. Microsoft Store/XBOX crossplay saves could theoretically run on a Windows PC using the Microsoft Store version of ARK that comes with a dedicated server, but there are no public saves sadly.

39 minutes ago, darkradeon said:

sadly Wildcard didn't make any console save public. But I will be honest: even if those were public, unless those official saves are really small servers (which is really uncommon based on PC Steam/EGS official server) your console would not have enough memory and power to run such saves. Microsoft Store/XBOX crossplay saves could theoretically run on a Windows PC using the Microsoft Store version of ARK that comes with a dedicated server, but there are no public saves sadly.

If you cant run a console server in single player it makes sense they are not releasing them. That being said, cant Nitrado just maintain those servers and ask a small fee per player?

Or if you are in console, learn how to used admin command so you can summon yourself max level tamed dinos to replace what you had. I suggest you run fjordur in single player so you have access to all Island bosses and all engrams and most dinos. In my opinion, its the best all around map to run in single player.

BTW if you have an extra console, its easy to run you're own dedicated server to play with friends. Once you start the dedicated server, invite you're friends to join. For some reason, my server never shows up so its the only way to join it. Make sure to set difficulty to 1 to match official server settings. If youre on Xbox, PC players who have the game from the windows store can join too. (steam version wont work). Note: the dedicated server needs to have its own account and the game. You cant used the same account you play with.

Edited by Herbapou

5 minutes ago, Herbapou said:

If you cant run a console server in single player it makes sense they are not releasing them. That being said, cant Nitrado just maintain those servers and ask a small fee per player?

Or if you are in console, learn how to used admin command so you can summon yourself max level tamed dinos to replace what you had. I suggest you run fjordur in single player so you have access to all Island bosses and all engrams and most dinos.

I have devoted too much time to this game to not be able to take what I want to PS or XBOX.  I've put a link in there somewhere.

I like to breed dinos, it gives me pleasure.  But everyone has their own style of play.  They will play with their friends again soon (I hope that if I succeed, they will continue playing ;))

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Noffek said:

I have devoted too much time to this game to not be able to take what I want to PS or XBOX.  I've put a link in there somewhere.

I like to breed dinos, it gives me pleasure.  But everyone has their own style of play.  They will play with their friends again soon (I hope that if I succeed, they will continue playing ;))

I decided to leave officials and play on my own Xbox dedicated server a while ago.  We like to breed too so we just set up so its a lot faster than on official to make up for the super breeding dinos trading on officials.  The only drawback in my case is there are no clusters, just one map.

Edited by Herbapou

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, MelodyMay said:

Please can someone simply answer this. Can I save my xbox game legacy and official dinosaurs and bases without hiring a server?

I read originally we would be able to transfer everything to offline play.

No. You have to rent a server from Nitrado.

Update: My Server is up and running (for testing purposes), will be adding Extinction, Fjordur, and Crystal Isles saves to the cluster soon (never know, could be the server you are on!)

The issues with not being in tribe seems to have been fixed, so when the next Server Save is released the transition/overwriting the import should go smoothly.

Original Message (updated): If you are on Xbox, and don't mind moving to another server, I have rented a Nitrado server for the Official Save with 20+ other players (and counting) chipping in and helping (all of which are friends/tribemates/good players from the server). Donations to server time goes directly through Nitrado (boosting option, no real life transfers necessary).

I have last months saved currently imported for testing purposes, but will be importing/overwriting with the new save when released (GenTwo).

It is mostly mirroring Official settings to a T, with slight QoL tweaks (like permanent 3x, Tribe Imprinting, Some Increased Limits, etc).

No password required, might even leave it like that permanently to make it even more like official!

All who enjoy PvE and working together/building a community are welcomed, message me for more details or have questions (even about Nitrado servers). We also have a discord.

Official shall live on!

Why are you still selling this game as an online multiplayer game in the PlayStation store if you’re shutting down servers in less than a month? You’re fleecing people who don’t know! Add a disclaimer letting them know at least…. the very least. We understand this has been an ongoing business model for you and business is business but this is a new low.

• Like 1

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Bulldogfrag said:

Why are you still selling this game as an online multiplayer game in the PlayStation store if you’re shutting down servers in less than a month? You’re fleecing people who don’t know! Add a disclaimer letting them know at least…. the very least. We understand this has been an ongoing business model for you and business is business but this is a new low.

image.png

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Bulldogfrag said:

Not an option in a month is the point I’m making thank you.

Sure it is. People are playing on unofficials now and will after. It doesn't mention, official servers provided free, anywhere. 

Edited by Joebl0w13

On 9/7/2023 at 4:21 PM, Frack said:

23 days to the end

looks like I was off by a bit....  20 days 18 hrs 

Customer Support for the official ARK: Survival Evolved networks will end on September 29, 2023, at 1:00 PM PST / 4:00 PM EST, in accordance with the scheduled sunsetting of Official Servers.

Edited by Frack
  • Sad 1

On 9/7/2023 at 9:06 PM, Herbapou said:

I disagree with this topic right here. It's different if it's a game like Warframe where it's free and you can pay for things. But it is a MMO where you have to pay for all of your expansions that cost over 200 plus dollars. That's why the service were free. If they have free servers like Warframe I repeat I wouldn't mind paying for some things but it's not. You can't buy a game and then also pay for a server. That's why the final fantasy MMOs aren't as popular as Ark or Warframe or even OverWatch.

5 hours ago, Bulldogfrag said:

I've already made this point they're trying to Leach off of anything that they can get their hands on I have so many players who come here to play and not know that they're going to be ending soon pay for all of the expansions everything. It's a shame what they're doing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Frack said:

looks like I was off by a bit....  20 days 18 hrs 

Customer Support for the official ARK: Survival Evolved networks will end on September 29, 2023, at 1:00 PM PST / 4:00 PM EST, in accordance with the scheduled sunsetting of Official Servers.

Customer support does not work in weekends, the 29th is the friday before closing.

(Any decent company would have support open until after that weekend to tie up loose ends but lets be fair: It's not worth it anymore as we the gamers have given up on them)

2 minutes ago, MMaas said:

Customer support does not work in weekends, the 29th is the friday before closing.

(Any decent company would have support open until after that weekend to tie up loose ends but lets be fair: It's not worth it anymore as we the gamers have given up on them)

I agree there are seems to be a lot of people who are still having problems trying to figure out what to do with these so-called nitrado servers.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Bulldogfrag said:

This is a question to ask Sony: Why still allow this in your shop with all the information since march?
Shopkeepers do have their responsibilities too when it comes to sharing information of the product they sell.

(just don't expect a proper answere from Sony)

3 minutes ago, MMaas said:

This is a question to ask Sony: Why still allow this in your shop with all the information since march?
Shopkeepers do have their responsibilities too when it comes to sharing information of the product they sell.

(just don't expect a proper answere from Sony) 

Yeah I totally agree with what you're saying. The only reason why either Sony or Microsoft. Are not saying anything is because they get a percentage of all the sales from wild card so they're not going to really say anything at all. I literally every week someone is coming in not knowing because they haven't publicly announced it yet that they're ending the service. For official servers.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ladymarina said:

Yeah I totally agree with what you're saying. The only reason why either Sony or Microsoft. Are not saying anything is because they get a percentage of all the sales from wild card so they're not going to really say anything at all. I literally every week someone is coming in not knowing because they haven't publicly announced it yet that they're ending the service. For official servers.

We also have some new players.  Many are unaware of the end of the game.

• Joebl0w13 changed the title to Closed. Ark: Survival Evolved Official Servers
  • Joebl0w13 locked this topic