Transfer all cool down? Why??

Cowgirl

19 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Just curious if anyone knows the reasoning behind the transfer all cool down? I hate it! lol

A reason can to be for PVP. without the cooldown I can to raid your base, istant charme the object, return in your base for complete the raid and transfert everything immediately... or for escape from a sure killer, when you attack me I can safe my character and inventory with istante transfert by AN orbital lounch.. (*and respawn in other point if I want to sorprese you)

For example

11 hours ago, Austria said:

In the old days with no transfer timer you can easy duplicate all stuff.... So the 15 minute cooldown is okay. (They start it with 30minutes cooldown that was worst)

No the transfer all (like when you want to transfer everything from your inventory to your dino and back or something similar) now has a 2 second cooldown.

11 hours ago, CervantesMor said:

A reason can to be for PVP. without the cooldown I can to raid your base, istant charme the object, return in your base for complete the raid and transfert everything immediately... or for escape from a sure killer, when you attack me I can safe my character and inventory with istante transfert by AN orbital lounch.. (*and respawn in other point if I want to sorprese you)

For example

I think we are talking about two different cooldowns, the one I am talking about is for transferring all the stuff from one inventory to another, it has a 2 second cool down now.

8 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

I think we are talking about two different cooldowns, the one I am talking about is for transferring all the stuff from one inventory to another, it has a 2 second cool down now.

I think I get what you are saying now.  I was dumping alot of metal into my strider yesterday.   I was thinking it just had to do  w/ the strider, but there was an odd pause during the process that didn't seem normal.

I'll try more tonight w/ different stuff.

14 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

I think I get what you are saying now.  I was dumping alot of metal into my strider yesterday.   I was thinking it just had to do  w/ the strider, but there was an odd pause during the process that didn't seem normal.

I'll try more tonight w/ different stuff.

Yea its not the stryder 😭 you never realize how long literal 2 seconds is till stuff like this happens.

7 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Yea its not the stryder 😭 you never realize how long literal 2 seconds is till stuff like this happens.

for sure, if it had been a dire situation where I(or anyone for that matter) was about to die and wanted to dump all their stuff onto a tame before the poop hit the fan - this 2 seconds will end up costing a player dearly.

On 1/26/2023 at 9:54 AM, Cowgirl said:

Yea I am also on PVE and its annoying!

It should be removed from PVE. I havent used it so this may be totally incorrect, but i believe that the new hawk tame teleports your gear to your last spawn location correct? Leave it to PvPers to abuse the mechanic lol. They use them to teleport enemy loot out of the base and into their own. This transfer limit may be the result of said actions.

I forget the old saying...one bad apple to make more bad apples or something like that. At least that's how it works in ark lately...coming from a bad apple. 

Archived