Introducing Lost Island Free DLC!

StudioWildcard

I'm sorry but why was the decision made to NOT push the server update FIRST? A very large subset of us play on hosted (nitrado) servers, please explain why on earth the server update was not sent to Nitrado YESTERDAY. Right now a very large number of players can not access Lost Island because you pushed the client update first and now our clients are incompatible with the servers we run on. This is an incredibly avoidable mistake.    

• Thanks 1

I feel cheated, received the email, bought a new server:

Hey MooseCdn,on 

The free ARK: Lost Island DLC is arriving on the 14th of December! Explore the new 150 square kilometre map where survivors will encounter new biomes, challenges, and mysterious ruins!...

Bought it, went  to set it up, hey wait a moment, there is no Lost Island in the drop down selection?... Where is the freaking map server?  I did receive a 34G patch on PS5, but, why advertised the new map if ain't available from my Nitrado server? Sorry was it meant for next year? lol...

Capture.JPG

Edited by MooseX

• Volunteer Moderator
37 minutes ago, MooseX said:

I feel cheated, received the email, bought a new server:

Hey MooseCdn,on 

The free ARK: Lost Island DLC is arriving on the 14th of December! Explore the new 150 square kilometre map where survivors will encounter new biomes, challenges, and mysterious ruins!...

Bought it, went  to set it up, hey wait a moment, there is no Lost Island in the drop down selection?... Where is the freaking map server?  I did receive a 34G patch on PS5, but, why advertised the new map if ain't available from my Nitrado server? Sorry was it meant for next year? lol...

Capture.JPG

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, ZeoliteXIII said:

Yes but you choose to push the patch to them AFTER the client patch resulting in a VERY LARGE number of players currently not able to access their servers... this was incredibly poor logistical planning... 

*WildCard chose.

4 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

A question for Nitrado.

I guess thanks. I already submitted a ticket with them, relaying my fustration regarding false advertising... We are the 14th right? And please, don't say they have until midnight, because then they should say the Frak 15th...

Edited by MooseX

3 minutes ago, Joebl0w13 said:

A question for Nitrado.

yes but the root of the question lands squarely on Wild Card, we are suffering delays through Nitrado BECAUSE of a decision Wild Card made, we deserve better transparency on the logistical decision making that caused this. While we get that that's not you, that you're just volunteering your time to help us it still stings. 

• Thanks 2

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, ZeoliteXIII said:

yes but the root of the question lands squarely on Wild Card, we are suffering delays through Nitrado BECAUSE of a decision Wild Card made, we deserve better transparency on the logistical decision making that caused this. While we get that that's not you, that you're just volunteering your time to help us it still stings. 

Totally understandable.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MooseX said:

On the plus side, at least Nitrado woke up: We are currently working on the implementation of the Ark Lost Island Update. It will reach all our services as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience.

at 6.5 hours I opened a support ticket with nitrado politely asking for my servers run times to be extended by 1 day to compensate for today as a lost day. Within 15 min they responded and added 2 days to each of my servers. Just putting this out there for everyone.

Herzlichen Glückwunsch Wildcard,

einmal, seit ihr das Spiel veröffentlicht habt, würde ich gerne sehen, dass etwas auf Anhieb funktioniert! Nein, seit Beta schon immer dieselben Fehler und auch die Beta Spieler verarscht, einfach einen Arschtritt bekommen, danke nochmal dazu! Im übrigen bin ich mal gespannt, ob die Server von Ark 1 auch alle gelöscht werden und man mit Ark 2 wieder neu beginnen darf und die ganzen Spielstunden nochmal für die Katz sind!

Man freut sich auf die neue Karte und das Weihnachtsevent, aber was für ein Wunder, bei mir funktioniert es wieder mal nicht, da ich mir die Free Map erst herunterladen muss, bei meinem Mann z.B. klappte das auf Anhieb. 

Wie schon mal erwähnt, versucht doch bitte mal Ark flüssig hinzu bekommen bevor ihr überhaupt an ein Ark 2 denkt, denn die Fehler die ihr jetzt drinnen habt werdet ihr auch in Ark 2 haben und irgendwann pfeifen Spieler darauf oder habt ihr schon genug Geld verdient dass es euch egal ist???

Edited by Siance
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Haidies said:

The 246 GB is your total installed size. not the size of the new patch. you'll be fine with 92GB free space.

you're so wrong,

i had 250GB free space and had to download 40GB patch,

But steam told i ran out of space, my disk had 0 GB left

the steam download directory is now 244GB and  i had to make some 298GB more free space to continue download.

But the worst had to come, 

now steam has to download again the whole 40GB patch and i have another 2PC to update ....

lost island.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Oliv665 said:

you're so wrong,

i had 250GB free space and had to download 40GB patch,

But steam told i ran out of space, my disk had 0 GB left

the steam download directory is now 244GB and  i had to make some 298GB more free space to continue download....

Same problem here. I have about 350GB on my C:\ and E:\ drives but C is the only one I can install it. Close to the end Steam told me 3 times that I ran out of space and another stupid thing is that the update changed size from 25GB to 15.1 GB to now 21.4 GB... Some strange stuff is going on!

Can someone tell me what total free disk space I need? I already deleted Scorched Earth, The Center, Aberration, Fjoerdur, Crystal Isles and a couple of mods. 😕

Edited by DomiDarko

Right, anyone else noticing the insane amount of unrendered texturing going on with the new creatures on ps4? Decided to spawn all 3 in just to test them while nitrado was being dumb and not adding the map to my selection list and holy damn it's like I'm playing a 3D game from the Ps1 era about 90% of the time when I interact with them. Is there any way to rectify this on my end?