Community Crunch 282: Introducing Sinomacrops, Sponsored Mods, EVO Event, and More!

StudioWildcard

21 hours ago, TyranntX said:

All I can read from this is the following...

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

[End of translation]

Grow up, Charhcara wouldn't do much other carnivores already do either... Plus it too was influenced by a youtuber. So by your logic we should never get a charchara period.

No, if it was added in for another map or just randomly added in I would have had a problem with it, even with my personal feelings on it. They could have taken all of the top 10, and randomly added them into the game at different times and people probably wouldn't be as mad. What they just did was a massive slap in the face. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, TheTwistedKeeper said:

No, if it was added in for another map or just randomly added in I would have had a problem with it, even with my personal feelings on it. They could have taken all of the top 10, and randomly added them into the game at different times and people probably wouldn't be as mad. What they just did was a massive slap in the face. 

Like I said, all anyone will see is this...

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

Seriously dude, Charchara lost... get over it

8 hours ago, SunsetErosion said:

Not sure what the Amarga is and in what way the environment is "hostile" to tek. Is it disabled alltogether or something like a constant wearing-out, like with the Hazard suit?

Amargasaurus, it was the first of the 3 dinos revealed to be added to lost island. The basic gist is that it's an aggressive herbivore that does more damage to you the more advanced your armor is which is meant to discourage wearing tek. That paired with dinopithecus' ability and wildcard's mention of wanting to return to basics makes it seem as though they probably want players running around in flak at the absolute most. I believe it was announced in community crunch 274.

Edited by CosmicSkeleton

2 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Amargasaurus, it was the first of the 3 dinos revealed to be added to lost island. The basic gist is that it's an aggressive herbivore that does more damage to you the more advanced your armor is which is meant to discourage wearing tek. That paired with dinopithecus' ability and wildcard's mention of wanting to return to basics makes it seem as though they probably want players running around in flak at the absolute most. I believe it was announced in community crunch 274.

That, and to give everyone the chance de-throne the alpha tribe @$$-hats who run 90% of official PvP. Also to give new players a more sporting chance to stay alive (what with sino being a pest repellant). Though what ever new creature we get at the end of the year (assuming the posts about one last poll are true) may just screw things up again. 

1 minute ago, TyranntX said:

That, and to give everyone the chance de-throne the alpha tribe @$$-hats who run 90% of official PvP. Also to give new players a more sporting chance to stay alive (what with sino being a pest repellant). Though what ever new creature we get at the end of the year (assuming the posts about one last poll are true) may just screw things up again. 

Sad thing is the lower tier tribes and players will likely more or less be locked to only lost island since it'll probably be the only map that keeps a semi-level playing field by forcing the focus back on dinosaurs rather than technology. The instant they step foot out of that map there's gonna be a horde of salty alpha tribes looking to punish those that dared to defy them by actually having a chance to fight back or have fun.

21 minutes ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

Sad thing is the lower tier tribes and players will likely more or less be locked to only lost island since it'll probably be the only map that keeps a semi-level playing field by forcing the focus back on dinosaurs rather than technology. The instant they step foot out of that map there's gonna be a horde of salty alpha tribes looking to punish those that dared to defy them by actually having a chance to fight back or have fun.

Not unless said lower teir tribes are smart, using typical pvp tactics... Operate in the dark, don't speak out to anyone, Don't be big and flashy when building, don't waste resources on the small fry, the whole 10 yards. Ultimately the "smart idea" would be to wipe the servers and install moderators to the officials, I know that no one likes 'game police' but if you are going to be an @ss just to be funny then you really shouldn't be playing... ANY online game nevermind ARK. this is why I play unofficials, to avoid the toxic side of the game.

• Like 1

What is more pathetic?

The community that voted for creatures because their favorite youtubers who have no human decency at all told them to do (and monke meme it is so funny lmao) or WildCard who first, ruined the game with idiotic creatures and TEK, now trying to give us justification, but failed miserably, because they added a creature that no one wants, excepts that Spanish content creator and his sheeps.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

Sheesh they actually added that rigged Archyoptreyx 2.0 into the game. What? Is the whole dev team sheep to that Spanish youtuber as well? Pathetic...

I didn't vote for the Carchar but I DEFINITELY wouldn't have voted for this one for sure. Near useless. All that's going to happen to it is that it'll be overshadowed by the massive murder monke. A bunch of content creators will probably make a few vids showcasing its "uses" then it'll just fade away. Almost anything else would have been better like the Bison, the Gorgonops, the Cerato, even that living-fishingpole-dino thingy.

Absolute joke you are WildCard.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

5 hours ago, TyranntX said:

Not unless said lower teir tribes are smart, using typical pvp tactics... Operate in the dark, don't speak out to anyone, Don't be big and flashy when building, don't waste resources on the small fry, the whole 10 yards

Problem is people forgot how to fight smart it seems. It just becomes a numbers and power level game at a certain point so there's definitely going to be a learning curve as players re-learn basic tactics. Personally I think it'll do people good in that regard.

4 hours ago, akosmc5 said:

and monke meme it is so funny lmao

Oh get over it. Not everyone voted for dinopithecus because of depths or "lol monke". The concept was solid, the design was solid, and the idea was at least more novel than it's primary competition. I'll give you TEK being a massive oversight on WC's part though. The glider should've honestly been the closest thing players got to non tame flight and TEK as a whole made people far too indolent since so little could scratch them.

I think the most upsetting thing is its just youtuber pandering, this thing was the 3rd place creature and it got put in instead of the 2nd place creature.

I honestly legitimately feel so bad for everyone else who made all those awesome creatures, just to have them swept under the rug in favor of pleasing two youtubers. At least one of the creatures is ride-able, Sinomacrops literally could have been the TLC for Archaeopteryx 😕

Really....haven't we got enough of the small pet dinos/creatures already? Anyways, still a new creature I guess. Now if the new map goes back to Ark's roots with alot of caves and stuff that'd be nice. Regardless,  I'm still not touching Ark till they bother to do the PS5 upgrade....I mean it's been nearly a whole year since they announced it, they're just taking the p. now....

On 9/4/2021 at 5:34 PM, TheNeoReaper said:

Because people with a working brain didn't want the 18th version of a rex.

every carnivore isdifferent, u use raptors for boss fight? the rexis the default, the spino is theall terrain rex, giga is the one too bigforits own good, and a carchar would be a utilty giga with a weak pack boost.

On 9/5/2021 at 12:16 AM, TyranntX said:

All I can read from this is the following...

😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭😭

[End of translation]

Grow up, Charhcara wouldn't do much other carnivores already do either... Plus it too was influenced by a youtuber. So by your logic we should never get a charchara period.

lets see who madeit, ah yes ReaperOverlord. does hehave a yt channel? just checked. was a yter supportingBEFORE the vote, lc and other ark news chanels would have let us know, yes some yters voted for than told us they voted it AFTER the vote. we are complaining because even tho the sino lost it still made it because a yter madeit and went all out on letting everyone know he made it. i will say what UpFromThe Depths  did was ok, he just said "hey i made this creature" he didnt make it some mascotor anything. we also want it added because if it isnt whats gonna win the next vote? (sarcastic-) NoBodY kNoWs. wewant a new ideato win. 

11 hours ago, akosmc5 said:

What is more pathetic?

The community that voted for creatures because their favorite youtubers who have no human decency at all told them to do (and monke meme it is so funny lmao) or WildCard who first, ruined the game with idiotic creatures and TEK, now trying to give us justification, but failed miserably, because they added a creature that no one wants, excepts that Spanish content creator and his sheeps.

I pick, C, the idiots still crying about it.

3 hours ago, StrandedAndStoopid said:

lets see who madeit, ah yes ReaperOverlord. does hehave a yt channel? just checked. was a yter supportingBEFORE the vote, lc and other ark news chanels would have let us know, yes some yters voted for than told us they voted it AFTER the vote. we are complaining because even tho the sino lost it still made it because a yter madeit and went all out on letting everyone know he made it. i will say what UpFromThe Depths  did was ok, he just said "hey i made this creature" he didnt make it some mascotor anything. we also want it added because if it isnt whats gonna win the next vote? (sarcastic-) NoBodY kNoWs. wewant a new ideato win. 

Cool story bro, no one older than 10 cares.

3 hours ago, StrandedAndStoopid said:

every carnivore isdifferent, u use raptors for boss fight? the rexis the default, the spino is theall terrain rex, giga is the one too bigforits own good, and a carchar would be a utilty giga with a weak pack boost.

That's just a giga with a TLC... That's what you really want at the end of the day

5 hours ago, CosmicSkeleton said:

One youtuber. If you're insinuating that the baboon was added because of upfromthedepths backing it then you're just being willfully ignorant 

What?

Okay, I mean, I'm not mad about Dinopithecus, it seems like a great dino. However you literally can not tell me that upfromthedepths, the one who submitted Dinopithecus, had nothing to do with it??? What?

Unless I'm misunderstanding you but literally- dino_by_moontiger456_deqjjo8-pre.jpg?tok

Credit to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhtOS6jY5sc

Either way my comment wasn't about the fact that Dino won anyway, perhaps i could have worded it better but it was more so about the fact that instead of adding the 2nd place winner by literally 1% they decided to add the 3rd place dino (that more than enough people did not want because it was an Archa 2.0 shoulder pet) who only had 6% compared to Carchar at 33%. Adding to the idea that WC is biased towards Youtubers. I will say at least Dinopithecus won fair and square, Sino being added, even though it was 3rd, just what?

To be 100% honest this vote should have only been for Youtubers to participate in (as in submitting creatures for the community to vote on), it probably would have been more fair that way. This whole thing seems like WC just didn't give two sh*ts about the other submissions because they weren't content creator submissions/votes tbh.

On a side note, I also feel like this needs to be said but I didn't vote for Carchar, I voted for Gorgonops.

Edited by MoonTiger456

Just now, MoonTiger456 said:

What?

Okay, I mean, I'm not mad about Dinopithecus, it seems like a great dino. However you literally can not tell me that upfromthedepths, the one who submitted Dinopithecus, had nothing to do with it??? What?

Unless I'm misunderstanding you but literally- dino_by_moontiger456_deqjjo8-pre.jpg?tok

Credit to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yhtOS6jY5sc

Either way my comment wasn't about the fact that Dino won anyway, perhaps i could have worded it better but it was more so about the fact that instead of adding the 2nd place winner by literally 1% they decided to add the 3rd place dino (that more than enough people did not want because it was an Archa 2.0 shoulder pet) who only had 6% compared to Carchar at 33%. Adding to the idea that WC is biased towards Youtubers. I will say at least Dinopithecus won fair and square, Sino being added, even though it was 3rd, just what?

To be 100% honest this vote should have only been for Youtubers to participate in (as in submitting creatures for the community to vote on), it probably would have been more fair that way. This whole thing seems like WC just didn't give two poops about the other submissions because they weren't content creator submissions/votes tbh.

On a side note, I also feel like this needs to be said but I didn't vote for Carchar, I voted for Gorgonops.

Name recognition is all he had going for him, that part was out of his hands

12 minutes ago, TyranntX said:

Name recognition is all he had going for him, that part was out of his hands

Pretty much, I just feel as if this whole thing was unfair in that case. Dinopithecus still won fair and square, but WC needs this to be done differently next time. Perhaps everyone submits anonymously and/or Youtubers can't say who their voting for, or something to that effect.

In any case I just honestly feel bad for everyone else who had amazing ideas/concepts, but were out voted because of internet fame. (Nothing against upfromthedepths or even nexxuz, just my opinion is all)

Edited by MoonTiger456

Some people keep making this about the Carcharodontosaurus, but really, it isn't (Even though I would ask, how can you say you like Dinosaurs and Dinosaur games and not want more theropods?? Makes no sense to me at all, hell add more hadrosaurs while you're at it!). Literally ANY of the other creatures people brought forward would of been better and a TLC pass for other shoulder pets to do these exactly things would of been better. It's called adhering to player expectations, their timing with releasing this dino is what is terrible here. I for one would of preferred the Bison or the Suchomimus. But this just feels like a cop-out. A missed opportunity even and it's left quite a few people disappointed (nothing new. You all remember what the forums looked like when they had removed the ability to level fly speed on flying creatures? Not THAT was a poop show.)

Now I'm not saying you can't like it, of course, but don't go calling people this and that or "salty" because they don't like it or have gripes with it or didn't get the dino they wished for. Wildcard doesn't need anyone to defend them. Horrible as they are on game design we all still play the game at the end of the day. And my dumb ass is still hoping for a TLC pass for a LOT of the older dinos. And if they keep adding dinos after this, all the better. (could help themselves fixing some of the glaring issues their game has also but I don't think anyone is holding out hope for that.)

Looking forward to playing on the Lost Island regardless, much the same as everyone. But, imo, this could of been better.

I was kind of upset about the sino, but then I realized that I could use the glider without damaging my armor. While it doesn't sound like much, it could be really good for high quality armor sets that are really expensive to repair. (Or if you just don't want to maintain multiple pieces of armor, because lets be real. Armor is heavy, and I would rather not have to carry 2 chest plates around.) I could also see its value in places like the lava cave on the island, as lost island will be a free dlc, meaning that rather than transferring over the glider suit from abberation (a paid dlc) you can get the free sino.

Edited by pistachio

3 hours ago, Jannor said:

Some people keep making this about the Carcharodontosaurus, but really, it isn't (Even though I would ask, how can you say you like Dinosaurs and Dinosaur games and not want more theropods?? Makes no sense to me at all, hell add more hadrosaurs while you're at it!). Literally ANY of the other creatures people brought forward would of been better and a TLC pass for other shoulder pets to do these exactly things would of been better. It's called adhering to player expectations, their timing with releasing this dino is what is terrible here. I for one would of preferred the Bison or the Suchomimus. But this just feels like a cop-out. A missed opportunity even and it's left quite a few people disappointed (nothing new. You all remember what the forums looked like when they had removed the ability to level fly speed on flying creatures? Not THAT was a poop show.)

Now I'm not saying you can't like it, of course, but don't go calling people this and that or "salty" because they don't like it or have gripes with it or didn't get the dino they wished for. Wildcard doesn't need anyone to defend them. Horrible as they are on game design we all still play the game at the end of the day. And my dumb ass is still hoping for a TLC pass for a LOT of the older dinos. And if they keep adding dinos after this, all the better. (could help themselves fixing some of the glaring issues their game has also but I don't think anyone is holding out hope for that.)

Looking forward to playing on the Lost Island regardless, much the same as everyone. But, imo, this could of been better.

Respect to you and all space salamander bro but I'm gonna be honest, even after hammering out a little dossier skeleton for velociraptor I still feel like there's too many theropods compared to other creatures. At its core Ark might've started as a dino game but even at its earliest it still implemented prehistoric creatures beyond dinosaurs. Imho Gorgonopsid was probably the one I wanted to see succeed  the most behind dinopithecus. It would've been satisfying to see it or postosuchus or any of the other apex predators that strode the earth before the dinosaurs got their stride. That aside there are definitely some people here that could be argued as simply being salty, namely those screeching to the heavens about carcharadontosaurus and carcharadontosaurus alone not being creature 3 just because they wanted and expected it. Maybe it's just me being a cynic, but I feel like when the argument starts with why the runner up is more deserving it boils down to being angry at the loss rather than the actual injustice.