The future of Ark?

KRONOSDOUBLE

Its no surprise that Genesis part 2 will likely be the last official DLC for this game. This leads me to a few questions.

1. Will we still have WC adding new maps created by other developers like what was done with Rag, Valguero, and crystal isles?

2. Would there be a possibility for another Great Migration 2.0? I think this would be cool and provide a much needed fresh start for the game on certain servers.

Those are my questions, any who also have questions feel free to post them here

Extinction was the 'last' dlc before so who knows, if sales are good then and wildcard gets more support like from extra life then i see no reason they may continue adding content so take 'this is the end' as 'this is the end if we dont make a lot of money from this or our chinese share holders tell us to stop'. With the sponsored mod program i think more custom maps will be added over time. I just hope they add some mod content to the base game as there is some amazing yet small features that would make ark so much more fun.

1 hour ago, Yggdrassil said:

Extinction was the 'last' dlc before so who knows, if sales are good then and wildcard gets more support like from extra life then i see no reason they may continue adding content so take 'this is the end' as 'this is the end if we dont make a lot of money from this or our chinese share holders tell us to stop'. With the sponsored mod program i think more custom maps will be added over time. I just hope they add some mod content to the base game as there is some amazing yet small features that would make ark so much more fun.

I agree. They've added a load of maps from content creators and even s+ (well - some of it) I think with gen2 releasing the ammo bag thing, incubator etc it seems to be heading in that direction.

I just hope they don't add those "too easy" things such as the nanny. I want more customization to builds, dino accessories / maybe some unique mechanics that some mods have. 

48 minutes ago, d1nk said:

I just hope they don't add those "too easy" things such as the nanny. I want more customization to builds, dino accessories / maybe some unique mechanics that some mods have. 

Agree completely with the nany or any of the helper machines!? or whatever you want to call them, but as someone who likes building, some of the building utility available with S+ or SS is sooo much better than vanilla.

My personal problem with how content is delivered is that i feel new content should be way more often, maybe with how often patches are, a new dino or item could be introduced, not all the time obviously but other than major expansion, nothing new is added to the game and at 'tek tier' other than breeding, there isnt much to look forward too and as you start to get 'top stat' dinos even breeding becomes a bit boring. Just my opinion and many will disagree.

24 minutes ago, Yggdrassil said:

Agree completely with the nany or any of the helper machines

I'm also not a big fan of automation, but on the case of the upcoming incubator on Gen 2 I think it will probably be very positive to the game. Not because of the automation itself, but ( I hope ) because of how it may help with server load/stability/lag, since players will not need to be hatching thousands of eggs like they currently do. They need only to check them out and pick the ones that they care about.

41 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I'm also not a big fan of automation, but on the case of the upcoming incubator on Gen 2 I think it will probably be very positive to the game. Not because of the automation itself, but ( I hope ) because of how it may help with server load/stability/lag, since players will not need to be hatching thousands of eggs like they currently do. They need only to check them out and pick the ones that they care about.

Good point! It seems the incubator only holds like 3 eggs though? Didn't really read too much into it. 

We do know that the 'fog' effect causes a TONNE of lagg. Its been proven. Light a torch, open fps and look at torch / egg / tek genny and look away, crazy.

I hope this helps with that

51 minutes ago, Vit0Corleone said:

I'm torn on this. I think it's going to be great, as you say, for server performance but part of the hatching rush is seeing what pops out. Wading through babies and noticing that color or those 2 extra levels. I worry with that rush gone, will breeding be as much fun? 

8 hours ago, KRONOSDOUBLE said:

Its no surprise that Genesis part 2 will likely be the last official DLC for this game. This leads me to a few questions.

That's what they said before Extinction.

The "last" map will be when the game stops making money, I guarantee WildCard will figure out a way to keep adding more paid DLC for as long as people keep buying it.

Archived