What to do?

AWarpedUniverse

Hello I can guide you through the starting but till first metal tool!

also yes the dinos look and act real cool!

If you want to build, I’d suggest creative, on a map like ragnarock, if you like creatures, I’d say island with elevated tame, XP, and resources rates. If you like survival games, just play on island no adjustments. And if you like destruction, creative on any map. FYI the game has a story kind of and it’s fun to play through the story with no spoilers.

I just fired this up bout a month or two ago, best advice I got is to go into single player, and just run it without any settings adjustments, and go bonkers....up to you if you want to try and do it legit, or go into create mode {its cheating, but allows for massive base building easily} 

Best advice I got for early game starters tho, is simple.....expect to die and loose your stuff, trust me when I say let it go, you can rebuild it later and you will make better stuff much later. Just try and work on lvling up first, as your engrams are what sticks around to help you become better at the game

8 hours ago, AWarpedUniverse said:

What to do?

Play the game...

Explore > Level up > Learn new engrams > Craft them > Use them > Build a  small house > Tame a dino >  Tame a bigger dino > Build a bigger house > Explore caves > Look for high level dinos > Breed high level dinos > Do boss arenas > When map is boring transfer or start over on a new map > Repeat process. 

It's a very open game that can be played in many ways, use your creativity and do what you think is most fun. You will eventually find easier ways youself on how to play the game and it will feel much more rewarding instead of asking people. 

If you somehow get stuck, then you can look for a guide on youtube, but I highly recommend trying out the game yourself first.

The only thing I would recommend is downloading the app for your phone called "Dododex". In here you will find some recipes and help on how to tame dinos, which can be a little tricky to begin with if you are completely new. 

Oh yea and don't give up too early. It's a rough start, but also fun. You will quickly learn from your mistakes.
Good luck survivor ?

I would recommend the island single player. South zone 2 is my personal favorite. Punch a tree and pick up rocks. Craft a pick axe. Hit the tree some more, and smash a rock. Craft and hatchet. From there you can kill some dodos or get some spears. Maybe tame  some dilos or make a torch. Eventually you can build a base, but I wouldn’t bother with thatch. Get a little wood base (2x2x1) and make a bed and mortar and pestle. Make some tranq arrows and a bow and try and tame a lone trike. Once you have you first good tame you will die a lot less. I ro o end adjusting most settings as needed, but don’t change things that affect dino level ups and player stats per level unless you are sure (they will make the game extremely easy or hard). I always increase harvest and taming speed on my games.

Once you have you first trike, tame another of the opposite gender. Get them both saddles asap. Now all that metal you have gotten, refine it in a forge. Make a smithy and start getting metal tools. When you want more metal, head inland with both trikes. Avoid threats and climb to the top of the mountain. There you will find shiny rocks and crystal. Head back down and feel like you have beaten the game (even though you have just scratched the surface). Another option for metal is to build a raft and head to herbivore island in the south east for metal, but no crystal. 

Once you have metal tools, the game gets way less linear. You can build a big stone base, or tame a pteradon. Do some easier caves (like  lower south and central). Eventually you will want barrys, direwolves, or thylas for the harder caves. You will also want Therizinosaurs or rexes for boss battles (with a Yutyrannus). You will want Basilosaurus or dolphins for the caverns under water, and an argent for weight. From there, get all 10 artifacts, build an army, and beat the game!

I learnt the game's basics through Single Player personally when I first started my adventures, and then immediately moved to Scorched Earth as my first official map, met some amazing people and they pretty much taught me everything I needed to know about the game. You could also try Unofficial servers as well with really High Rates so you can learn stuff really quickly.

On 4/20/2020 at 9:56 PM, Aylana314159 said:

You have 2 choices.

1. Learn in game. No tutorial. No handholding. Just death. Single player mode is best so you get the experience of a virgin map.

2. Follow youtubers, such as Phlinger Phoo's soloing the ark series. Watch an episode, try it in game. Repeat.

Love philloinger phoo one tip though if you want to tame something like a argy make aure to watch he basics of it (it is a serie of phillinger phoo he is going to tell all of that animal like how to tame and what you can do with it)

10 hours ago, TraXz said:

What's the point of having the dino / tool if you can't use it?

Ah, but I do use them! For dinos I save the best for breeding and take out their offspring - that way I can always "create" new dinos as I lose them :) For tools, weapon and gear, I wait until I have a BP that is better than the tool, because then I can create new ones. For tools though, I do take them out sometimes, if I'm doing things where I feel very confident that I won't die in a way that my gear is lost.

So I very much use them, just in a different way. That way, if I die and get ARKed so that my stuff is lost, it's nothing I can't easily replace.

Archived