why wildcard doesn't hire professional play testers ?

ChrisGamingYT

why wildcard doesn't hire professional play testers ?

ARK is notorious for glitches, many glitches have been here for years, reported many times, and never fixed.

relying on players reports to fix glitches is not really a good idea because the reports will be inaccurate and real glitches and problems will be lost in a flood of bad reports

I have myself made a bad report so I speak from experience, I have noticed a bug in single player mode, where beacons would glitch through the ground and their content would become inaccessible, I have reported it with detailed coordinates  of a dozen of bad beacon spawns. but I didn't notice it happens only when the beacon spawns outside of players render range, so ultimately  I didn't give proper steps to reproduce glitch because in order to reproduce the bug you had to wait for the beacon to spawn far away from the player and not near him

players make inaccurate reports that's unavoidable, so why wildcard doesn't hire a team of professional play testers? they could be anywhere around the world, and be paid for every valid bug report

I think they just hire drunk dodos to do as somehow the play-testers literally missed invisible dinos on gennissis!

And all the mesh and tether code for non dedicated is mess up and don’t even start on rafts, there will be times where I fall into one of thoes places on the map, you know the holes you can’t get out of, and then fly hack out, to see a dillo looking me in the face and not caring, when I wasn’t crouching or camo and suddenly see that my rex has made it out of an enclosure a dodo couldn’t get out of, look down and see my shoulder otter came off when I fly hacked, I got to get it, it’s on following and walks towards me, then he falls through the map. This actually happened once. Ipromply hit the power button right after my rex killed a dodo and it’s body stretched out to the sky, apparently my last save was on a raft which I was stuck inside of because raft, using ghost I flew up and landed on my raft, but I fell through it and the water like it was air and just fell through the mesh forever and ever while watching my other just bellow me. like they need something to kill things that fall through the mesh so it’s like, your dimorphwdon was killed by the mesh.

Wildcard has both professional in-house game testers and volunteer testers such as moderators like JoeBl0w13.

I think a lot of the problem with bug fixing is this game is developed by multiple studios which reside in different countries because wildcard outsources most of their development. These studios include Studio Wildcard (not Wildcard Studios), Efecto Studios, Instinct Games (egypt), and Virtual Basement LLC (which sounds like a strange fetish pr0n company).  Its very difficult to fix the massive mess of code that is Ark mainly because bugs are not cosmetic but must be fixed on an engine level, something wildcard is not equipped to do considering they don't employ an Unreal Engine Programmer because they are incredibly expensive and are usually contract  employees hopping from project to project. Don't confuse an engine programmer with the normal game programmers such as UI, Scripter, Game play, sound, etc programmers. Totally different skill sets and massively different salary requirements.

Archived