Jump to content

COVID-19 and Wildcard\ARK


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Perhaps, like most of the real world that actually affects people real lives.  Ark should shut down. 

COVID-19 and Wildcard\ARK In light of the COVID-19, will there be anything in ARK to help people with social distancing? Perhaps a special color event or something to help encourage social distan

A moderator , suggesting shut down  his own game ??? Explains so much ... the way this forum / game is handled...?

I don't really care about "ARK events" when there's a pandemic outside of my window. I don't have much time to play either, as I work as paramedic.

Just don't make a business of this situation... Shouting "Hey, Wildcard, it's coronavirus time, give us MOAR!!!" is inappropriate in my opinion.

If you have to stay at home, just enjoy your free vacation, even without that stupid "2x evo event". Because not everyone has the privilege of sitting on a couch right now.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Dzieciak said:

Really? That's the only thing people do during this global quarantine? Play ARK and beg for longer events...?

Disgusting... But at least you stay at home.

People beg for Ark events any time some extraordinary event happens. Just becomes a big excuse really. Theoretically speaking no need for events as everyone is stuck at home and therefore have all that time to play (assuming you are stuck at home not working that is). 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dzieciak said:

Really? That's the only thing people do during this global quarantine? Play ARK and beg for longer events...?
Disgusting... But at least you stay at home.

And what is your purpose for picking on someone because he would like an event?
Will it increaso or decrease development of a pandemic? No.

Then let this guy stay at home and enjoy his favourite game! You will not hurt if he will be happy, dont you?

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Facepalm 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, slejo said:

And what is your purpose for picking on someone because he would like an event?
Will it increaso or decrease development of a pandemic? No.

Then let this guy stay at home and enjoy his favourite game! You will not hurt if he will be happy, dont you?

Tbh if the servers can handle the increased rates and increase in folks playing them over the coming months then I dont see why they couldnt do this. I have a feeling server stability might be an issue here though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MightyBanana said:

You are contradicting yourself all over the place :). Well guess what I want at extended event and since you do not care, get the hek outta here. Thx bye.

You're even more childish than I thought. Whatever then, go and shout your statements even louder. I'm absolutely sure someone from Wildcard will read crying of a random dude on a forum full of useless topics. Go ahead, they can hear you.

 

1 hour ago, slejo said:

And what is your purpose for picking on someone because he would like an event?
Will it increaso or decrease development of a pandemic? No.

Then let this guy stay at home and enjoy his favourite game! You will not hurt if he will be happy, dont you?

As above, you really think that Wildcard have enough time and will to even check this forum? They count money at the moment, so I guess screaming of a random kid begging for another event because of boredom won't do anything nor reach Wildcard.

Whatevs, do what you want. It's a discussion forum after all, we can all express our feelings here.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Dzieciak said:

As above, you really think that Wildcard have enough time and will to even check this forum? They count money at the moment, so I guess screaming of a random kid begging for another event because of boredom won't do anything nor reach Wildcard.

You'll be surprised how much WC analyzes forum posts. Very often they accept suggestions, advice and requests. I have found this out many times.

Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really not that bad of an idea.

I'm spinning up 3 new Ark maps for my privately hosted cluster. That's going to double my running costs.  I am also going to be hosting some online get togethers and advertising to my friends and local area to encourage them or their kids to stay at home and play.  (Also if you want to join pm me) 

It's not a "business opportunity". This is costing me money,  but if it keeps people at home and contributes in any way to minimizing exposure then it's worth it. I don't care how much all of you will minimize it after reading this post.  It's still worth it. 

People have to do something.  Boredom is the #1 enemy of social distancing.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kayin said:

I'm spinning up 3 new Ark maps for my privately hosted cluster. That's going to double my running costs.  I am also going to be hosting some online get togethers and advertising to my friends and local area to encourage them or their kids to stay at home and play.  (Also if you want to join pm me) 

It's not a "business opportunity". This is costing me money,  but if it keeps people at home and contributes in any way to minimizing exposure then it's worth it. I don't care how much all of you will minimize it after reading this post.  It's still worth it.

And that's the spirit. Actually DOING something instead of using "coronavirus" phrase everywhere to panhandle and demand things. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...