A Message from the Founders

StudioWildcard

17 hours ago, Uzo said:

Are you serious? You Say you are releasing it December then you go onto say that you delay THEN you dont say anything for a whole month and THEN DELAY IT ANOTHER MONTH. You said that It was delayed a month 2 MONTHS BEFORE THE ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE HOW IS THAT NOT ENOUGH TIME. 

I am Demanding a refund from this dlc. Absolutely Ridiculous.  

Dude, its way better than the devs releasing it before its ready.  THAT would be an issue.  They know what theyre doing.  You bought the expansion for a reason.  Everyone here loves this game and is annoyed.  They also understand however,  that theyd rather this over the alternative and are being patient.  So suck it up and wait like the rest of us.  Whats "absolutely ridiculous" is that you think you can get a refund yet still play the dlc.  Unless you dont want to play it.  Which would be even more ridiculous when the projection is so damn cool and theyre working hard to get it ready for release.  So again,  just chill and wait.  Youll be glad when you can play it.  I know I will be.

1 minute ago, ThePryBar said:

Liar no way you have 35000 hours on ark. That's almost impossible, if it's true then maybe it's time to put down the meth pipe get off welfare and get a job.  When I get home from work I will calculate your claim but just off the top of my head you play at least 16 hours everyday since release. So yea complete BS

lol i bought the game 2 weeks after it came out on steam and hit official right away, june 16th 2015, its very much possible and FYI i do work, i'm not on welfare and have never done meth thank you very much and close on your calculations, its actually 12.5 hours every day and i have pulled 24hrs 3 days straight on days off when i have that many off and that has happened quite often not including shut down weeks and vacation times so the only BS here is your breath and your math.

15 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

Liar no way you have 35000 hours on ark. That's almost impossible, if it's true then maybe it's time to put down the meth pipe get off welfare and get a job.  When I get home from work I will calculate your claim but just off the top of my head you play at least 16 hours everyday since release. So yea complete BS

Very possible. ..I put in 100+ hrs a week in ark..

* hours played is a sham btw for everyone.  You can be on the title screen and accumulate time.  None of it matters (Coming from a 10k+ hr player)

And let's be honest, about half your time is idling even logged in by either:

Sleeping pod

or an auto script to feed your raises, etc.   (Press "t" every 12000 ms) and have a full inventory of meat with your mouse over the first one.

Why is this being talked about?    lolz.......   I can pee further than you!

• Haha 1

Just now, ShadowRune2019 said:

* hours played is a sham btw for everyone.  You can be on the title screen and accumulate time.  None of it matters (Coming from a 10k+ hr player)

And let's be honest, about half your time is idling even logged in by either:

Sleeping pod

or an auto script to feed your raises, etc.   (Press "t" every 12000 ms) and have a full inventory of meat with your mouse over the first one.

Why is this being talked about?    lolz.......   I can pee further than you!

That's not possible  these days ;) timing out losing gear tames while idle...

18 hours ago, Uzo said:

Are you serious? You Say you are releasing it December then you go onto say that you delay THEN you dont say anything for a whole month and THEN DELAY IT ANOTHER MONTH. You said that It was delayed a month 2 MONTHS BEFORE THE ORIGINAL RELEASE DATE HOW IS THAT NOT ENOUGH TIME. 

Man put a cork in it. You know you're going to buy every DLC they put out and play it.

• Like 2

Man I think it’s best if you guys just stop giving out release dates period. You consistently delay releases of patches and game content. But that season pass got released on time.

And I wish people would stop buying seasons passes. You just paid for a broken promise....twice. Rather have a game delayed than it being rushed and incomplete but when you are consistently delaying release dates...says slot 

18 hours ago, Thalana said:

While caps locking it wouldn't be my approach, honestly, their reaction is understandable and they're allowed to feel that way. This has happened so so many times it's honestly unreal. People can be optimistic and say "Take as much time as you need, I'd rather a polished DLC" but it just goes to show they haven't been around for long as even with this extra time the DLC will surely have big issues. I understand WC struggles and must be stressed, but after an absurd amount of delays, as long as people aren't downright nasty, I think anger is 100% understandable.

It’s not ok to be constantly delaying your content. Here and there ok but this has become the norm and it isn’t ok. 

Just think to avoid any of that they should not announce release dates. If you wanna drop a season pass that’s fine...don’t give a date and keep the community updated on what you are doing. But announcing dates and missing them (this is not the first time) that’s not cool and it’s perfectly fine for people to be upset about it

2 minutes ago, Racna1305 said:

It’s not ok to be constantly delaying your content. Here and there ok but this has become the norm and it isn’t ok. 

Just think to avoid any of that they should not announce release dates. If you wanna drop a season pass that’s fine...don’t give a date and keep the community updated on what you are doing. But announcing dates and missing them (this is not the first time) that’s not cool and it’s perfectly fine for people to be upset about it

every date given as been an ETA DATE till it's confirmed it will drop that date, understand this fact!!!! game design and development is not a cut and paste industry, unless you know how its done, keep your mouth shut. its not easy to code and fix glitches and squash bugs in a game as big as ark or atlas or conan or subnautica or any game for that matter unless its a rinky dink indie game made through c++, java or unity.

If they have a polished enough product to present in February, I am O.K. with the delay, as long as it's released on ALL platforms simultaneously and stable.

Delays for good software are worth the wait.

Delays for poor software are not, and we should not bear the brunt of that by having to submit bug report after bug report day 1 and/or have other platforms languish or be ignored simply because they want to ship early.

Put it back in beta status if that's how things are going to go.

I'm withholding payment for the DLC until after the release and things are stable.

Those of you complaining about delays, given WC's record, shouldn't be surprised.

What you should do is demand quality software and quit acquiescing to the marketing every single time.

10 minutes ago, Vegeta71 said:

every date given as been an ETA DATE till it's confirmed it will drop that date, understand this fact!!!! game design and development is not a cut and paste industry, unless you know how its done, keep your mouth shut. its not easy to code and fix glitches and squash bugs in a game as big as ark or atlas or conan or subnautica or any game for that matter unless its a rinky dink indie game made through c++, java or unity.

Try again buddy. This is posted in xbox game store. This is not an estimated time...

ARK: Genesis Part 1 (available January 2020) and ARK: Genesis Part 2 (available winter 2020) and one exclusive in-game cosmetic pet (available now).

Or should we say "January 2020 but maybe feb?"

Edited by Racna1305
  • Like 1

Just now, Racna1305 said:

Try again buddy. This is posted in xbox game store. This is not an estimated time...

ARK: Genesis Part 1 (available January 2020) and ARK: Genesis Part 2 (available winter 2020) and one exclusive in-game cosmetic pet (available now).

hmmm.... i don't see a actual date there BUDDY. i seen estimated release month of when it will be determined to be released. derp!! try again BUDDY!!!! here's an example of an actual release date June 2nd 2015, can you tell me what released on that day? i bet you can't.

At the end of the day Dude, you can be wilcard white knight all you want. They should stop giving dates period.

Hello guys i read on the steam store page that part 1 will be released in jan. 2020 but i have watched a video and read an article that both say it will release in dec. 2019 this is confusing me and was wondering what the real release date is.....Video link:

Above is a post in Steam from someone who unlike you didnt get a season pass for free. They paid for it...a consumer shouldnt have to be confused and ask around why a relese date is missed. And people like you foam at the mouth and attack these people.

You have not received the content you paid for as the dec date was missed. Delaying a game to work out bugs and not rush a broken a game is always a good thing. But always having to delay your updates and content and sometimes multple times? Doing so frequently says alot and its best if they just dont announce a date, a time frame period as its bad for business to be known for always being wrong or missing your deadlines. But "hey buy this on time season pass but sorry we didnt release it on the time we said we were going to release it. Oh and guess what...we gotta delay again for another month, sorry i know our store page said 2 months ago"

Vegeta you can run around here attacking everyone all you like a rabid savage but if you think its ok for a company to be known for missing release dates on a consistent basis then idk what to tell you. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Uzo said:

Awwww Muffin.

3 minutes ago, Vegeta71 said:

dude i hate to tell you but its not a release date, it was missed but it wasn't guaranteed to drop on said ETA day, EA has done it, MS has done it, Rockstar has done it, capcom has done it, i can keep going dude but your proven wrong and you know it, the only ones attacking anyone is ya'll crybabies over a delay and missed ETA release date/month lol geez man even my 7 year old knows what to expect from games that is coding, designing and developing a game, maybe you should learn more about game design and development before you try to hand out demands of not giving anymore release date/ETAs/TBDs. 

Then the solution to that Vegeta, as said earlier is dont give pinpointed months. Because thats a date...you dont need to give a time and specific day. If you say december 2019 and charging people for it then people are buying under the assumption that "Hey its october, this will be out near the holidays as it says dec 2019. Which makes them buy it, that has an influence on people parting with their money.

Now you have people in forums questioning in Jan. Hey man where's my game? Only to hear people like you tell them to deal with it because the month that was announced was an estimated time and its hard to make games. Well if its that hard where you can meet times and always announcing delays on updates and content. Man maybe you are in the wrong business or need to help making the game. A consumer should never be confused or feel sketchy about purchasing something because the company is known for delays and people like you blame the consumer. Doesnt look good bro

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

Very possible. ..I put in 100+ hrs a week in ark..

There are a total of 8760 hours in a year. The tool is claiming 35000, so a minimum of 5000 hours of game time a year. Sorry but not possible.

Then again maybe the guy is a multimillionaire and they can afford never working.

Edited by ThePryBar