Curing swamp fever (island)

Kharneth

Curing swamp fever

I'm looking for some practical advice for curing swamp fever. The flowers and mushrooms aren't an issue, but I'm having trouble getting leech blood and am wondering if it'd be a better idea to kill some wooly rhinos. At the moment I have no tames and lost access to all my metal equipment. So I'm working with bows and arrows. Can I even survive the area where the wooly rhinos are? If so, are they feasible for me to kill? I'm assuming I can outrun them and kill them similarly to how I kill tricerotops. 

If not, how can I find some leeches? I lost the last of my metal stuff in the swamp last night trying to find some leeches. I've heard to just swap servers but I'm not entirely sure how and unless it's like an impossibly difficult mission I'd like to create the antidote, preferably a couple for the future. 

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, Kharneth said:

Curing swamp fever

I'm looking for some practical advice for curing swamp fever. The flowers and mushrooms aren't an issue, but I'm having trouble getting leech blood and am wondering if it'd be a better idea to kill some wooly rhinos. At the moment I have no tames and lost access to all my metal equipment. So I'm working with bows and arrows. Can I even survive the area where the wooly rhinos are? If so, are they feasible for me to kill? I'm assuming I can outrun them and kill them similarly to how I kill tricerotops. 

If not, how can I find some leeches? I lost the last of my metal stuff in the swamp last night trying to find some leeches. I've heard to just swap servers but I'm not entirely sure how and unless it's like an impossibly difficult mission I'd like to create the antidote, preferably a couple for the future. 

You can use horns as a substitute for the blood. Go in the snow biome, kill some rhinos.

2 minutes ago, Kharneth said:

Would you read my post and then either give me advice or not post? Thanks

lol, I did and that was my advice, you said you have no metal tools, only a bow and arrow. Would make sense you wont have fur so you wont survive the snow biome where rhinos are and definitely not survive the swamp or swamp cave where leech blood is. But ok then be obstinate and combative, GL then

1 minute ago, Piffguru said:

lol, I did and that was my advice, you said you have no metal tools, only a bow and arrow. Would make sense you wont have fur so you wont survive the snow biome where rhinos are and definitely not survive the swamp or swamp cave where leech blood is. But ok then be obstinate and combative, GL then

I also said I'm not quite sure how to change servers so if that's your advice a little specification or elaboration would've been appreciated. 

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, Kharneth said:

Does anyone read posts?

My bad, stopped reading after you said you had trouble getting blood.

6 minutes ago, Kharneth said:

I'm asking about the rhinos.

If you are on the island, you could build a raft with a source of heat (torches, campfire, etc.) and beds so you can respawn, sail around the snow until you spot some.

I also said I'm not quite sure how to change servers so if that's your advice a little specification or elaboration would've been appreciated. 

Via a beacon or an obelisk.

1 minute ago, invincibleqc said:

My bad, stopped reading after you said you had trouble getting blood.

If you are on the island, you could build a raft with a source of heat (torches, campfire, etc.) and beds so you can respawn, sail around the snow until you spot some.

Via a beacon or an obelisk.

Oh I always forget fire = heat. It's worth a shot. I only need to kill 3 and they've gotta be easier to spot than leeches. 

• Volunteer Moderator

Oh I always forget fire = heat. It's worth a shot. I only need to kill 3 and they've gotta be easier to spot than leeches. 

They are, an alternative could be to go fishing if you have sap or honey, since you can get horns and blood from fishes as well.

4 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

They are, an alternative could be to go fishing if you have sap or honey, since you can get horns and blood from fishes as well.

That alternative would require learning a lot of new things, such as how to fish and where to find sap and/or honey. I'm guessing I could make the fishing rod easily and figure out how to fish. I'll look up sap and honey, but I have a feeling this isn't going to be worth it. Do fish anywhere have a chance to drop horns or blood, or would I want to fish near a swamp?

So my options are the swamp, snow biome, or redwood forest T.T

I am not reading your full post.  I do not care.  I will tell you that last knowledge of leeches is SINGLE PLAYER MODE they are glitched so they don't work right.  You log out and back in to get a leech off of you in SP mode.  It looks like it is stuck on a first person camera view.  Also, leech in SP might appear as if it is on you but is actually on your dino.  Same looking like it is a camera view of a big fat leech you cannot  see around.  Log out and back in and check every dino and just click "remove leech" from the normal wheel choice options for you dino and done.  Nothing fancy.  Leech is just not there anymore.

In multiplayer leech is also glitched.  If you hear a thump and your pet squeals like it's been hit but no aggressive dino around yet you check all pets repeatedly and see no leech this is the bug.  It is there but you cannot see it yet.  It might be a day or two before it shows up. Just remove same way by the wheel when it finally appears.  Will appear on mounts if you ride them and down in corner where you see things like stamina and oxygen you'll see the leech icon.

If you are low level in multiplayer and get the disease you need to ask high levels for help.  Hope your server has nice people.  Usually they will be glad to make you a potion.  Worst case you might have to make a payment agreement offer to slave away at mining for them for a day or two.

2 hours ago, Jemcrystal said:

I am not reading your full post.  I do not care.  I will tell you that last knowledge of leeches is SINGLE PLAYER MODE they are glitched so they don't work right.  You log out and back in to get a leech off of you in SP mode.  It looks like it is stuck on a first person camera view.  Also, leech in SP might appear as if it is on you but is actually on your dino.  Same looking like it is a camera view of a big fat leech you cannot  see around.  Log out and back in and check every dino and just click "remove leech" from the normal wheel choice options for you dino and done.  Nothing fancy.  Leech is just not there anymore.

In multiplayer leech is also glitched.  If you hear a thump and your pet squeals like it's been hit but no aggressive dino around yet you check all pets repeatedly and see no leech this is the bug.  It is there but you cannot see it yet.  It might be a day or two before it shows up. Just remove same way by the wheel when it finally appears.  Will appear on mounts if you ride them and down in corner where you see things like stamina and oxygen you'll see the leech icon.

If you are low level in multiplayer and get the disease you need to ask high levels for help.  Hope your server has nice people.  Usually they will be glad to make you a potion.  Worst case you might have to make a payment agreement offer to slave away at mining for them for a day or two.

There was no glitch or bug. I got a leech on me and contracted the disease.

I asked my server for help, they all just told me to swap servers. Just like the people who responded to this thread. 

1 hour ago, Lycan187u said:

Lol its very miss leading  the title...

Not at all. There are 3 potential options for me and I'm looking for advice on any/all. 

1) Leeches.

2) Wooly Rhinos

3) Server swap

@Kharneth  

Just go to a drop or OB and transfer out to another map, once your on the new map dont choose a spawn just exit the game then go directly back to the map your playing on. You will spend hours looking for leeches, they only spawning one or two tiny spots on the island and on Rag ihave only found them in one spot. Or just transfer out and be swamp fever free in less then a couple minutes.

2 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

@Kharneth  

Just go to a drop or OB and transfer out to another map, once your on the new map dont choose a spawn just exit the game then go directly back to the map your playing on. You will spend hours looking for leeches, they only spawning one or two tiny spots on the island and on Rag ihave only found them in one spot. Or just transfer out and be swamp fever free in less then a couple minutes.

That's probably what'll end up happening. I found some leeches where I got diseased during my lunch break, but I only got 2 blood and it'll perish before I can get back. Even then, I have to get the flowers and mushrooms before any new blood perishes. 

5 hours ago, Kharneth said:

Curing swamp fever

The best advice i can give you is learn to walk before trying to run. 

get yourself a base, doesnt have to be big, get yourself some useful tames and think about what you can do first when you fail to accomplish something.

Ark is about progression. Whatever your goal is, usually you need to do something else to reach that goal.  

5 minutes ago, Glydyr said:

The best advice i can give you is learn to walk before trying to run. 

get yourself a base, doesnt have to be big, get yourself some useful tames and think about what you can do first when you fail to accomplish something.

Ark is about progression. Whatever your goal is, usually you need to do something else to reach that goal.  

I had 6 dilos, 2 args, a ptera, a trike, a sarco, a raptor, a stone base with lots of iron, metal, narcots, and everything else I'd need. But I got diseased two days ago. Yesterday my plan was to work on curing it but when I logged online all of my dinos had been killed by a level 300 mana-whatever being ridden by a guy named Apropos. 

Now, I just want to be f'ing cured of my disease so I can use my full carry weight to establish myself in my new location. I have a new stone base, but I can't keep up with my iron needs so all my iron equipment is broken and the stone stuff is so slow. I want to make a new character so badly but I'm level 72 and this is by far the furthest I've ever gotten. 

2 minutes ago, ThePryBar said:

@Glydyr 

That has to be the most useless answer a guy could give. 

@Kharneth 

Just follow my advise, when I'm playing I will transfer out everytime I get sick. Only do the cure once to get the trophy.  

I know... my new base is next to like 3 drops and I can always teleport to my old base and run to the obelisk. I only haven't because no one told me precisely what I'd need to do and how long it'd take, and also because it feels like a cheap trick. I'd rather cure it, but f*** it this whole game is cheap.

@Kharneth

It is like a cheap trick, I would recommend doing a dead run to the drop or Ob, you know go naked so you dont have to worry about timers on your gear/inventory.  Swamp fever is just crap, they should just remove it altogether or add more leech spawns. Rhinos are annoying due to them having a crappy horn drop rate and horns are used for the Broth of enlightenment, so save your horns the Broth is the best food to tame arthos with.

Archived