one of the best base locations in the island

Mandric

Best place for me is on the west coast, near the huge rock, build on the forest side of the rock for flat land, and was good, is the dino spawns on the coast, (build walls) as you can get t-rexs, allos, sabers and raptors argents, cross the water, to get mammons and yuty, dire wolfs. plus easy access to the red OB. The only down side, is metal. its the only thing you need to look for

1 hour ago, Kaprosuchus said:

I prefer the most northwest snow island but i don't know if you can build there on officials. i know a long long time ago you could.

yep they can, someone on our server has a base setup at the top of it.

I like herbivore for a base location.  you can use the frontside of the island for the base, and keep the backside safe for dinos, stone, wood, and metal.  

For pvp, you can build in the inlet of herbivore island, and protect the upper ledge pretty easy from attacks, and at the same time have pretty good defense against most water/land based attacks.  Air, normal defenses. but as with all pvp bases, your biggest issue is meshing, and really the only safe place to fight that, is up on the high mountains.

9 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

yep they can, someone on our server has a base setup at the top of it.

I like herbivore for a base location.  you can use the frontside of the island for the base, and keep the backside safe for dinos, stone, wood, and metal.  

For pvp, you can build in the inlet of herbivore island, and protect the upper ledge pretty easy from attacks, and at the same time have pretty good defense against most water/land based attacks.  Air, normal defenses. but as with all pvp bases, your biggest issue is meshing, and really the only safe place to fight that, is up on the high mountains.

I like that snow island because it's not attatched to the ground and floats so it's a bit easier to deal with meshers.

Herbivore Island is a pretty nice place to start. I like the base I've created on the backside of the island. Built a sizable castle/fortress, breeding area and barn, plus water pen. Lots of stone, wood/thatch, metal & food. Nothing aggressive. Easy to trap megs & basi. Brief pteradon flight away from other more interesting places. (PVE)

IslandBase.jpg

Archived