Jump to content

CroXYT

Therizinosaurus better than Rex?

Recommended Posts

Therizinosaurus better than Rex?

Im now playing Ark for a while, but im not sure about if Therizino is better than Rex. To let you know: My fav dino is Therizinosaurus, but ive always used rex for farming meat and dealing damage. Since i have god console in single player i know that therizinosauruses are better than rexes when they are high lvl (lvl 500 +). and of course therizinosaurus is farming beast! :) and the saddle is avaible at lvl 69, and rexs saddle at 74. hmmm

so what do you think is better?

Edited by CroXYT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like Rexes because they are bulkier sans crafting veggies cakes and look cooler, but it is all preferance.  I personally would vote spino over therizino in the Rex non boss battle alternative category just based on the lovely water speed and attack bonus.  But the king of the utility players is the often overlooked megatherium in my opinion, decent at farming, decent bulk, fun gimmick with bugs, and best of all mounted shooting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

theri are a good all around collector, berries, fiber, wood.

for meat, its rex if those are the two i have to choose from.

for bosses, both have advantages and disadvantages, theri have a fire resistance (who would of tought with all that fur), rexs dont. rexs have the advantage statwise, you can get higher melee, health, and weight on them then you can on theri. 

Personally, i think its more of a personal preference between the two, some people swear by the theri for berries, but I have a mammoth that out does the theri on the island for berries, and the kangaroo out do any dino for berries on valguero (level weight, take to swamp, right click small brown bushes).  I also prefer the mammoth to theri for wood gathering because the weight reduction to 12.5lbs per stack, where the theri doesn't have that.

but as with all dinos, people will find ones that better suit their needs, rather then the general census on what dino's best.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For bosses? Theriz hands down. Rex might have slightly higher base stats but theriz have cakes. The reason people use Rexs is because they've been developed a lot more than theriz were. If you take a Theriz bred to the same mutation levels as some of those BurtRexs.. they would be much better (for bosses)

 

Also they are smaller, easier to move around, easier to get them onto a boss and...cakes.

Edited by d1nk
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, this has been argued a million times, but the Rex actually has higher DPS than the Therizinosaur and the Rex also has better HP.  The only two boss advantages the Theri has over the Rex is cakes and fire resistance.  Rexes are much easier to tame since they don’t have the much higher torpor requirements and slighter higher kibble count of theris.  If you are going to raise a Alpha Ape army rexes are a much easier option in my opinion and they do just as good of a job as Theris.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RipRavage said:

You know, this has been argued a million times, but the Rex actually has higher DPS than the Therizinosaur and the Rex also has better HP.  The only two boss advantages the Theri has over the Rex is cakes and fire resistance.  Rexes are much easier to tame since they don’t have the much higher torpor requirements and slighter higher kibble count of theris.  If you are going to raise a Alpha Ape army rexes are a much easier option in my opinion and they do just as good of a job as Theris.

 

Size, ease of raise, speed, ease of storage, hitbox, carry by wyvern, many reasons why theriz is better.

I find Theriz easier to tame as well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Size, ease of raise, speed, ease of storage, hitbox, carry by wyvern, many reasons why theriz is better.

I find Theriz easier to tame as well. 

To each their own, but I don’t understand how they are an easier tame, they take six extra kibble, their secondary food has a ten hour tame time unlike mutton with the Rex, and they have 15 minute torpor timer and require a lot more narcotics than an equivalent Rex does.

also they both have 4 day raise times 

Edited by RipRavage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

To each their own, but I don’t understand how they are an easier tame, they take six extra kibble, their secondary food has a ten hour tame time unlike mutton with the Rex, and they have 15 minute torpor timer and require a lot more narcotics than an equivalent Rex does.

also they both have 4 day raise times 

Yeah, both have 4 days, Rex 4days and 1 hour, theri with 4 days and 22 hours. 😛

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RipRavage said:

To each their own, but I don’t understand how they are an easier tame, they take six extra kibble, their secondary food has a ten hour tame time unlike mutton with the Rex, and they have 15 minute torpor timer and require a lot more narcotics than an equivalent Rex does.

also they both have 4 day raise times 

Theriz are herbivore. With a good greenhouse you can raise theriz without ever leaving your base for meat runs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you like theris, then use theris. If you like rexes, then use rexes. At the end of the day they both get the job done, and if you're breeding your own lines from scratch one isn't necessarily easier or harder to acquire than the other. Especially if you're playing on single player and can speed the process up significantly.

I actually don't like the Ark rex model, but I use rexes simply because they're easier to maintain. I actually think it makes more sense to use the ones you like less as the sacrificial attack dogs lol but to each their own.

I prefer spinos over both and use one as my main mount, but realistically they aren't really feasible for bosses without a ton of mutations stacked and that's a very slow process over the others that are both battle ready with a fairly minimal amount of effort. Not to say that I'm not working on it, but I'm not going to wait for it either when I already have a rex line that can do what I need.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Cymas said:

If you like theris, then use theris. If you like rexes, then use rexes. At the end of the day they both get the job done, and if you're breeding your own lines from scratch one isn't necessarily easier or harder to acquire than the other. Especially if you're playing on single player and can speed the process up significantly.

I actually don't like the Ark rex model, but I use rexes simply because they're easier to maintain. I actually think it makes more sense to use the ones you like less as the sacrificial attack dogs lol but to each their own.

I prefer spinos over both and use one as my main mount, but realistically they aren't really feasible for bosses without a ton of mutations stacked and that's a very slow process over the others that are both battle ready with a fairly minimal amount of effort. Not to say that I'm not working on it, but I'm not going to wait for it either when I already have a rex line that can do what I need.

Spinos can do gamma megapithecus and Broodmother.  They just run into trouble with higher difficulty bosses since they switch stances while unridden. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Theriz :
- Harder to tame. (Narcs + torp timer)
- Can be picked up by a quetzal/wyvern.
- Easier to breed as being herbivores.
- Smaller hitbox, more vulnerable to being kicked around and to purlovias.
- More maneuvreable than rexes.
- Sweet Vegetable Cakes.
- Far easier to get a saddle BP.
- Lower base dmg/hp.

Rexes :
- Easy to tame. (No narcs needed 95% of the time)
- Has to be tamed where found.

- Harder to raise than theriz, being carnivores.
- Large hitbox, hardly gets kicked around.
- Pita in the tek cave to move around.
- Hardest saddle BP in the game to acquire.
- Higher base dmg/hp.

To each their own, but from personnal experience, theriz is hands down the best boss dino for Island bosses + tek cave.
Rexes are more versatile on other maps, such as SE, Rag, etc.

Edited by Darkholis
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Darkholis said:

Rexes :
- Has to be tamed where found.

this is false,  i've pulled rex all over the place on the island to tame them, even on scorched earth.  On valguero i'd trap them in my boat and trek them 1/2 way across the map before taming.   Rex do not need to be tamed where found.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

this is false,  i've pulled rex all over the place on the island to tame them, even on scorched earth.  On valguero i'd trap them in my boat and trek them 1/2 way across the map before taming.   Rex do not need to be tamed where found.

You got my point, which is you can't move the thing as easily as picking it up with a flyer. More power to you if you are willing to move it around like that.

Personally, I'd rather tame it where found and enjoy the advantage of stasis. 😊

Edited by Darkholis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...