Jump to content

Scribelord

Wild Bosses roaming around genesis?

Recommended Posts

Wild Bosses roaming around genesis?

Who else thinks we'll get bosses roaming around genesis?

 

In the trailer it showed a megapithecus roaming around the map and the way I know it's wild is that it was fighting a giga which can't be brought into a arena plus in extinction it showed every creature being released from the arks including Rockwell escaping, plus in extinction they showed that they managed to implement titans into the base map.

Granted they were spawned and stayed in a certain radius but still their raid bosses so how hard could it be to implement the smaller weaker bosses as wild creatures that roam the map.

 

I think they will have limits though such as only spawning at their gamma difficulty and not being able to spawn in minions like the boss arena versions so their not too overpowered, but I think their stats will stay the same as the arena variants so it's more of a challenge, plus in the trailer the megapithecus didn't have any minions and didn't try spawning any.

 

I think if I'm right we'll definitely get the Broodmother too (valguero is pretty close to a wild Broodmother) and at a push the Dragon and Manticore (The Dragon is basically broken outside of the arena so it'll need alot of work to function and the Dragon is actually very strong and the Manticore is probably not likely due to also not functioning very well outside of the arena although it is far better than the Dragon since it can actually move and be controlled when ridden but it definitely needs attacks for when its flying because it doesn't have any when tamed as of now, also  they would probably want it to stay exclusive to Scorched Earth and not make the whole situation that happened with Ragnarok taking almost every creature from Scorched Earth worse.), maybe they'll even be limited time tames similar to the Titanosaur, Ice Titan, Desert Titan and Forest Titan but have a permanent option in single player.

Edited by Scribelord
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I want to talk about the elephants in the room while I'm talking about this topic, the Overseer and Rockwell.

 

I don't think the Overseer will be coming back into Genesis due to its ability to shapeshift and the fact it's more a part of the ark than a actual creature unlike the megapithecus, broodmother, dragon and manticore 

 

And as for Rockwell I do think we will fight him but it won't actually be Rockwell. 

 

I think Rockwell is going to survive and be the main antagonist of ark 2 since he's essentially the main human antagonist of arks overall story so what's probably going to happen is we'll fight a new simulated version of him instead of the real thing and he'll probably be the boss for part 2.

 

So part 1 will probably have a new boss entirely (hopefully a water boss since the underwater obelisk has been in the dev kit forever and genesis part 1 is the first expansion to have a focus on water with the giant tortoise and the fishing net, plus everyone wants it ever since they found out that atlas was supposed to be a ark ocean expansion pack.) and a new version of Rockwell for part 2 maybe along the lines of he can actually move now and has mechanical legs maybe but he will be smaller than the aberration version.

Edited by Scribelord
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Truthgamer10055 said:

I really hope that we would get roaming bosses but I think they should be in a very small resource rich area 

If they are roaming I hope they are locked to a specific area around their natural spawn, else here comes a whole new form of base griefing.  Imagine that you just got yourself a nice little base built, tamed your first shape shifter, and a couple utility dinos then in comes the Megapithecus, destroying your base, your dinos and you in minutes.   There would have to be something to keep them locked to their original spawn location, The original island was sorta like that, you could only pull the bosses so far from the obelisk before they would turn around and head back.

Im thinking something like whats done on Valguero with the broodmother,  she's limited to her area really only because she can't get out, but other areas could be done that would contain a boss with a similar concept.. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

A smaller less op tameable version of the bosses would be neat.  Give them stats inbetween a Rex and giga, with giga-like penalties and taming. Everybody knows they want a King Kong.

I don't really think they would need to change the megapithecus and broodmother then since their already weaker than a giga

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Scribelord said:

I don't really think they would need to change the megapithecus and broodmother then since their already weaker than a giga

They are much stronger than a tamed or imprinted giga since they have gigantic health pools.  Your average imprinted giga only has around 35000 hp vs the 180000 of the megapithecus.  With as much as people crybaby about Brontos soaking bullets they could not have that.

Edited by RipRavage
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

They are much stronger than a tamed or imprinted giga since they have gigantic health pools.  Your average imprinted giga only has around 35000 hp vs the 180000 of the megapithecus.  With as much as people crybaby about Brontos soaking bullets they could not have that.

I was talking about wild gigas and I think they should have the same stats as the gamma boss arena variants if their going to be temporary tames (at least when not playing single player their temporary.)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scribelord said:

I was talking about wild gigas and I think they should have the same stats as the gamma boss arena variants if their going to be temporary tames (at least when not playing single player their temporary.)

I prefer permanent tames with weaker stats over the temporary overpowered nonsense the devs use with some of the larger creatures in the game.  Even if its temporary they would still end up getting used as bullet sponges half the time, so they might as well spend the time balancing the stats in my opinion.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 2:51 PM, RipRavage said:

I prefer permanent tames with weaker stats over the temporary overpowered nonsense the devs use with some of the larger creatures in the game.  Even if its temporary they would still end up getting used as bullet sponges half the time, so they might as well spend the time balancing the stats in my opinion.

No I think they should be temporary.

Edited by Scribelord
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RipRavage said:

A smaller less op tameable version of the bosses would be neat.  Give them stats inbetween a Rex and giga, with giga-like penalties and taming. Everybody knows they want a King Kong.

heh, yeah when i first fought the ape i wanted to tame one, even if they were the size of the bigfoots in the game, it would still be cool to have a ape running around your base, doing the little chest pound and bashing the ground with its fists.

3 hours ago, Scribelord said:

I don't really think they would need to change the megapithecus and broodmother then since their already weaker than a giga

i beg to differ, wild gigas from my understanding top out at 30k health, and corrupted gigas topping out at 15k health, thats a far cry from 180k health.

1 hour ago, RipRavage said:

I prefer permanent tames with weaker stats over the temporary overpowered nonsense the devs use with some of the larger creatures in the game.  Even if its temporary they would still end up getting used as bullet sponges half the time, so they might as well spend the time balancing the stats in my opinion.

even if its a permanent weaker version, like you suggested, somewhere between the rex / giga, maybe topping out at 20-25k for wild, 10-15k tamed,  they may still end up being used at bullet sponges, but, that in itself is a mechanic of the game.  I contantly hear people saying that bronto's are useless, but you've pointed out one key thing about them that makes them useful in PvP, it also makes them useful in PvE as 'meat bags' for base protection.

A rideable ape, or broodmother, that would be pretty cool, and fun too, i could just see someone pulling it over to the island map and running around on the island freaking out all the new players who joined and those who don't have genesis heh.  Many times just walking around on my giga getting meat i've seen "OH $#^@!!" in chat as they thought a wild giga was coming up on them lol, imagine the reaction of someone coming up on that ape!

The broodmother, she'd have to lose the ability to drop baby spiders, that makes her too OP as a mount (spawn her in single player and forcetame her, her little spider minions she drops kill just about everything). and that poison attack would have to be scaled back and not have the damage increase like in the arena.

I always wanted a ridable dragon too, smaller of course, like 1/2 its size,  that'd make it a little bigger then the wyvern yet still small enough to be able to park in your base, same as brood mother, its fire breath would have to be scaled down and not have the damage increase. 

The manticore would be a fun one too even if it was the scale of the griffon, it'd basically be a flying scorpion you'd have to wear a gas mask on to keep from dying, but it would be one of those "gotta have it!" tames like the phoenix.

Far as the extinction titans, i donno, the only ones there i really like the looks of are the forest titan and the desert titan, but scaling them smaller, not sure how well that would work being they require platform saddles.

 

Still, smaller, weaker permanent versions of some of the bosses could be alot of fun, but on the flipside could cause more problems as well.  I like the idea, but I'm not sure how well it would really benifit the game, the one thing I see people saying most about the creatures is that they want more types, more variety, not just different colors / sizes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, caleb68 said:

heh, yeah when i first fought the ape i wanted to tame one, even if they were the size of the bigfoots in the game, it would still be cool to have a ape running around your base, doing the little chest pound and bashing the ground with its fists.

i beg to differ, wild gigas from my understanding top out at 30k health, and corrupted gigas topping out at 15k health, thats a far cry from 180k health.

even if its a permanent weaker version, like you suggested, somewhere between the rex / giga, maybe topping out at 20-25k for wild, 10-15k tamed,  they may still end up being used at bullet sponges, but, that in itself is a mechanic of the game.  I contantly hear people saying that bronto's are useless, but you've pointed out one key thing about them that makes them useful in PvP, it also makes them useful in PvE as 'meat bags' for base protection.

A rideable ape, or broodmother, that would be pretty cool, and fun too, i could just see someone pulling it over to the island map and running around on the island freaking out all the new players who joined and those who don't have genesis heh.  Many times just walking around on my giga getting meat i've seen "OH $#^@!!" in chat as they thought a wild giga was coming up on them lol, imagine the reaction of someone coming up on that ape!

The broodmother, she'd have to lose the ability to drop baby spiders, that makes her too OP as a mount (spawn her in single player and forcetame her, her little spider minions she drops kill just about everything). and that poison attack would have to be scaled back and not have the damage increase like in the arena.

I always wanted a ridable dragon too, smaller of course, like 1/2 its size,  that'd make it a little bigger then the wyvern yet still small enough to be able to park in your base, same as brood mother, its fire breath would have to be scaled down and not have the damage increase. 

The manticore would be a fun one too even if it was the scale of the griffon, it'd basically be a flying scorpion you'd have to wear a gas mask on to keep from dying, but it would be one of those "gotta have it!" tames like the phoenix.

Far as the extinction titans, i donno, the only ones there i really like the looks of are the forest titan and the desert titan, but scaling them smaller, not sure how well that would work being they require platform saddles.

 

Still, smaller, weaker permanent versions of some of the bosses could be alot of fun, but on the flipside could cause more problems as well.  I like the idea, but I'm not sure how well it would really benifit the game, the one thing I see people saying most about the creatures is that they want more types, more variety, not just different colors / sizes.

Wild gigas have 80k hp not 30k

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

guess i've been extremely lucky then.  Heard many say max on them is 30k.

That’s imprinted Gigas that are around 30 to 35k.  Tamed are even lower at around 17 to 18k.  Wild ones have 80k, but since they’re wild you can’t really effectively use them to sponge other than kiting.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

That’s imprinted Gigas that are around 30 to 35k.  Tamed are even lower at around 17 to 18k.  Wild ones have 80k, but since they’re wild you can’t really effectively use them to sponge other than kiting.

guess i should of been a bit more descriptive, i was referring to wild not tamed, and so were the conversations about the max hp on them.  sorry for the confusion.  Yeah I have a few giga, one of them is 30k health, the first one tamed only had 10k health but it was a lvl 20, didn't expect anything great from it just wanted it to farm meat. but yeah know about the imprinted/tamed levels, but in all honesty the conversation's were about wild ones. Guessing its people going off old info? *shrugs* glad i thought they only had a max of 30 though, else i would of ran a few times instead of attacking.

still 80k wild is a far cry from 180k

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since there’ll be missions and a variety of biomes that I assume we can get teleported to, imagine if we can tame the island arks ultimate creatures on genesis for a temporary time, like how we can tame the titans to deal with the king Titan, the island bosses are temp tames from a mission employed by one arks overseer or something as a request to deal with a certain boss or clear a very difficult mission, similar to how purple drops are supposed to be difficult and were, until transferred opened up of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, caleb68 said:

guess i should of been a bit more descriptive, i was referring to wild not tamed, and so were the conversations about the max hp on them.  sorry for the confusion.  Yeah I have a few giga, one of them is 30k health, the first one tamed only had 10k health but it was a lvl 20, didn't expect anything great from it just wanted it to farm meat. but yeah know about the imprinted/tamed levels, but in all honesty the conversation's were about wild ones. Guessing its people going off old info? *shrugs* glad i thought they only had a max of 30 though, else i would of ran a few times instead of attacking.

still 80k wild is a far cry from 180k

Well I don't know how was back in the day but now lowest u can tame is 17k hp. O points in hp

So I realy don't understand how did u get giga with 10k.

Corupted gigas are in 35k range not 100% sure, meybe even lower. 

Edited by hud
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, hud said:

Well I don't know how was back in the day but now lowest u can tame is 17k hp. O points in hp

So I realy don't understand how did u get giga with 10k.

Corupted gigas are in 35k range not 100% sure, meybe even lower. 

i don't remember when i tamed that one, just remember taming it and thinking 'boy this thing is weak' lol.  the ones i have now are from eggs some people gave me and the lowest one i have for base health i think is 20k.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 12:19 PM, caleb68 said:

If they are roaming I hope they are locked to a specific area around their natural spawn, else here comes a whole new form of base griefing.  Imagine that you just got yourself a nice little base built, tamed your first shape shifter, and a couple utility dinos then in comes the Megapithecus, destroying your base, your dinos and you in minutes.   There would have to be something to keep them locked to their original spawn location, The original island was sorta like that, you could only pull the bosses so far from the obelisk before they would turn around and head back.

Im thinking something like whats done on Valguero with the broodmother,  she's limited to her area really only because she can't get out, but other areas could be done that would contain a boss with a similar concept.. 

I agree although it should definitely have a decent radius to move around in unlike the broodmother on valguero which its radius is rather small

 

Basically they should be avoidable but at the same time you would have to be careful of how close your building to their territory and if you are in their territory can they reach you so somewhere inbetween the lines of a dungeon (which is more of what the broodmother in valguero is) and a biome so a entire specific area it roams around in.

Edited by Scribelord
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 2:51 PM, RipRavage said:

I prefer permanent tames with weaker stats over the temporary overpowered nonsense the devs use with some of the larger creatures in the game.  Even if its temporary they would still end up getting used as bullet sponges half the time, so they might as well spend the time balancing the stats in my opinion.

Also if anything they'll probably be the weakest of the raid creatures even being weaker than the Titanosaur since they would have gamma stats and not be able to spawn in minions so its not the biggest deal in the world (the Dragon would be stronger than the Titanosaur but not Titan levels of strong). And I don't see anything wrong with their sizes considering they are raid creatures.

 

Although to buff them up abit they should have special saddles instead of be a instant ride kind of thing.

 

The Broodmother could have a little compartment placed above her head and beneath the spikes similarly to the titans except it's enclosed by glass so it protects the rider. Same with the other 3

the Megapithecus could have a compartment type saddle as well that maybe could be perched above the head kind of like a small Tower.

I'm thinking maybe a wide saddle that acts as both a saddle and a base with the walls and ceilings already custom built and you could build inside it would be pretty cool for the Dragon (think of the control deck on ships similar shape).

And finally the Manticore could have something similar except it's longer instead of wide (kind of think the sea truck in subnautica below zero same general shape).

Edited by Scribelord
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scribelord said:

Also if anything they'll probably be the weakest of the raid creatures even being weaker than the Titanosaur since they would have gamma stats and not be able to spawn in minions so its not the biggest deal in the world (the Dragon would be stronger than the Titanosaur but not Titan levels of strong). And I don't see anything wrong with their sizes considering they are raid creatures.

 

Although to buff them up abit they should have special saddles instead of be a instant ride kind of thing.

 

The Broodmother could have a little compartment placed above her head and beneath the spikes similarly to the titans except it's enclosed by glass so it protects the rider. Same with the other 3

the Megapithecus could have a compartment type saddle as well that maybe could be perched above the head kind of like a small Tower.

I'm thinking maybe a wide saddle that acts as both a saddle and a base with the walls and ceilings already custom built and you could build inside it would be pretty cool for the Dragon (think of the control deck on ships similar shape).

And finally the Manticore could have something similar except it's longer instead of wide (kind of think the sea truck in subnautica below zero same general shape).

The dragons percentage based attacks are always going to be Overpowered regardless of what they do to it,  the dragon could easily melt a Titanosaurus just based on that and it’s ability to fly.  They would also have the problem that the dragon has no overworld ai, so they would have to figure that too.

Edited by RipRavage

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

The dragons percentage based attacks are always going to be Overpowered regardless of what they do to it,  the dragon could easily melt a Titanosaurus just based on that and it’s ability to fly.  They would also have the problem that the dragon has no overworks ai, so they would have to figure that too.

A weaker permanent tame instead of a temporary overpowered Extinction Titan 2.0 gets my vote too.  Anything that is anticipated to be labeled as "overpowered" should be immediately reconsidered, I feel.  It is like admitting that this thing will upset game balance, but ya know, put it in anyway.  I think WildCard can add new dinos and new game modes, and even revamp the older dinos while still trying to keep some approximated balance.  I look at the addition of the Managarmr versus the Deinonychus:  One was put in as a fantasy balls-to-the-wall unstoppable death machine (and then nerfed very heavily), and the other was added as a niche flavor addition with no big changes (that I am aware of).

Just balance.  Doesn't matter if it is a 2-hour-timer tame, if it is overpowered it will upset the balance.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, RipRavage said:

The dragons percentage based attacks are always going to be Overpowered regardless of what they do to it,  the dragon could easily melt a Titanosaurus just based on that and it’s ability to fly.  They would also have the problem that the dragon has no overworks ai, so they would have to figure that too.

Exactly why it's less likely compared to the others as stated in my original comment.

 

Also I'm starting to think it might end up being in genesis part 2 now with maybe the manticore.

 

The dragon would definitely be on the stronger side of siege tames and that's exactly why it's a limited time siege tame (maybe a shorter tame timer compared to the other 3 and the titanosaur would help balance it more).

Edited by Scribelord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, TheDonn said:

A weaker permanent tame instead of a temporary overpowered Extinction Titan 2.0 gets my vote too.  Anything that is anticipated to be labeled as "overpowered" should be immediately reconsidered, I feel.  It is like admitting that this thing will upset game balance, but ya know, put it in anyway.  I think WildCard can add new dinos and new game modes, and even revamp the older dinos while still trying to keep some approximated balance.  I look at the addition of the Managarmr versus the Deinonychus:  One was put in as a fantasy balls-to-the-wall unstoppable death machine (and then nerfed very heavily), and the other was added as a niche flavor addition with no big changes (that I am aware of).

Just balance.  Doesn't matter if it is a 2-hour-timer tame, if it is overpowered it will upset the balance.

There not all that overpowered though compared to the other siege tames (disincluding the dragon).

 

They would all easily be on the weaker end of the siege tames.

 

Also if you want it permanently just play single player. That limited time mechanic is there for a reason and that's so they aren't stupidly overpowered in online play.

 

Also titans are based off kaiju so of course there going to be overpowered.

Edited by Scribelord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...