Wipe Official Servers

Suggestion

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

Edited by NoOneBtw
clarification
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
  • Facepalm 14
  • Answers 323
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Posts

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos

its funny that people with a low post count want a wipe, and people with a high post count dont want a wipe. new players will always want a wipe, that will never change, they want to start equal

Might surprise some of you, but some PvE players actually like and get attached to our things and don’t view the game as a death arena. 

Posted Images

323 replies to this server topic

On 7/31/2020 at 4:22 PM, Galaxyheart said:

TL;DR Official is too overpowered a wipe should be done, or put new servers which gets constantly wiped that are connected to official/small tribe that you can't transfer stuff onto ever but you can transfer stuff off making it more fair for the little guy.

The last wipe + the conquest servers + the classic server has proven that even with a wipe the little guy stands no chance because they are not willing to go to the lengths these mega alliances will go to. If you are a little guy you are not going to Ddos you are not going to dupe you are not going try and slot cap a server after using a program to check steam profiles and learn when the enemy has their least amount of players on. 

The same players stand at the pinnacle of Ark as those who were standing at the pinnacle of ark back during legacy. During conquest during classic and so on. You need core gameplay mechanics changed if a wipe to happen to improve the game.

The dev's are never going to make meaningful changes to the game that will improve PvP because it means ruining the game for their larger audience the PvE community. 

You need to just suck it up join a mega and accept that you play it like that or you will be wiped weekly if not daily.

Judging by the Legacy-->Official, and when Small tribes was released, it's obvious how much fun there can be had when the main game itself is wiped or has new servers. However before this can happen again, there really needs to be more measures taken for various issues such as duping, character loss etc. Economy and resource management should be a key part of the game, but it's not, and hasn't been for a while now. Genesis didn't help in the slightest, people were able to get mass points, dupe their character, and essentially have infinite of any resource found in the Hexagon Exchange. Likewise, people are still using their duped materials from over a year ago. 

The legit players gets filtered over time naturally when these things aren't fixed. If you look at Small tribes on PC right now, basically every 'big' tribe is cheating one way or another. Legit tribes simply cannot compete. It's like people are actively trying to break every single dot point found on the Code of Conduct.

So yeah, a wipe is really needed if you want to see legit players come back to the game. 

I think a more interesting solution might be to do a new dino balance patch much like they did in early access.  This wouldn't require a wipe and simply rebalance damage and health down a certain order of magnitude where needed.  I think the biggest issue on official is that if you are new you have to resort to insiding, stealing, trading, or whatever to try to get lines to be able to defend yourself and use offensively.  If you have 0 options to acquire new lines you have a substantial weakness in either defense or offense.  

There could be a way to solve this that is somewhat helpful.  Allow leveling tamed/imprinted dinos to boost health, damage, weight, stam quite a bit.  Also, boost gains in stats from imprinting dinos.  At the same time reduce gains from mutations in each category down to much lower levels.  Those with a lot of mutations would still have more health and damage but not at such a level that is ridiculous.  This would allow people to get set up possibly as a newer tribe, tame, breed and imprint, and then level up and have something decent to defend or be offensive with possibly.  It might need further balance after that as well, but it might be a way to solve that issue.  

This could also allow more to build up and hopefully make pvp servers even more active with more people feeling they can now survive and join in on the fun.

Edited by Chewytowel
On 7/29/2020 at 12:19 AM, CrazyGoldMiner said:

No tribe should control ANY SERVER PVE or PvP. They are public. I see on my PVE server 3 tribes that have pillared off masses of land. Report it and nothing happens. They sell land or come near you and pillar near you so you can’t expand out. No one should have the feeling they own blue ob and tell people that they must pay them before they can do a boss fight at that ob. That’s not how it is supposed to work but is the way I am seeing it on several servers. 

only wcs should be in control over their servers. No player or tribe should own any part of the map or caves. I’ve seen pillars near very rich resources and I’m fine with that it stops people from spawn killing  however to pillar off a radius all around an entire rich area that no one could build on and enough room to build 20 huge bass is bull crap! Then selling land or making people ask if they can build here or there. Stupid and toxic 

true. this game is broken. yesterday, i builded a small base with 20 auto turrets. these tribes were teaming to destroy it in one day. i wasnt a threat for the server. they have alot of dino's. like 400 plus mana's,gigas and so on. its impossible to play as a newcomer or returner. duping, cheating and meshing still excists. WC do not care. they wont devwipe people, even with proofen images. they need to fix the game and then devwipe all servers. i payed for this game including all dlc for pc, xbox and ps4. im not be able to build up! so they should refund, all the gamers that are not be able to build up and play. i spended like 200 euro's in this game. got meshed in 6 severs. so we ended up with nothing. everytime we start, we got smashed in 10 hours. its impossible to play against these excisting tribes. they wont let u build up. they are the boss of the server!!! so wc should fix the game or refund me, for all platforms that i payed for!

Edited by pvg103breda
  • Like 1
On 25/4/2019 at 11:36, BertNoobians said:

Es curioso que las personas con un recuento de publicaciones bajo quieran una limpieza y las personas con un recuento alto de publicaciones no quieran una limpieza.

los nuevos jugadores siempre querrán un borrado, que nunca cambiará, quieren empezar igual que todos los demás.

El 90% de los principiantes solo juegan este juego durante unas semanas hasta unos meses,

y habría más gente que quisiera una toallita porque siempre habrá más titulares que jugadores establecidos.

por eso es extremadamente hipócrita y mezquino pedir una limpieza porque las estadísticas dicen que ya ni siquiera estás aquí después de 3 meses.

algunos dinosaurios como tuso mosa y basilo tardan 1,5 años donde están ahora, están en funcionamiento, pero ni siquiera están cerca del máximo posible. quieres borrar este trabajo.

Realmente es todo lo contrario, dejé de jugar oficial PVP cuando estuve con las alianzas de 99 y Fearless, es absurdo, eran dueños de muchos mapas y teníamos que limpiar cualquier base aunque fuese de paja para ganar rango... es un acto total de cobardía y le quitaba la esencia al juego, los mapas oficiales murieron con estas mega-alianzas (1 de 75 es el general de conectados), no entiendo cuál es el miedo de WC de ofender a estos jugadores de 5 años de lealtad, perderían un 3% del total potencial de jugadores que entrarían con una limpieza, incluso los antiguos volverían a sentir la adrenalina de iniciar de cero compitiendo contra muchos, pero seguro no jugarán más porque ya no tendrán ventaja jajaja

I have mixed feelings about this. 

Half of me thinks yeah, a clean slate. There would be more servers because there would be no need for legacy servers anymore. The legacy players would finally get support because they would have to start fresh on the same servers as everyone else. It would just be better all round for everyone, but then the other half of me thinks of the years of breeding everyone has put in getting those perfect mutations. People would be so angry. They'd lose their base they spent years at. Tbf tho, with the double rates now, it would be pretty easy to build a big base again. I do think they should make it quicker to get to level 100 though.

Its not that there servers need wiped its all the mega alliances that need to be taking out I think 40 man tribe with only 1 alliance between 2 tribes should be maximum and ive played ark seance scorched earth was released but have never been able to get a week into the game without mega alliances taking me out and loosing it all I like pvp but if I attack someone who is more established than me and win they just call their 4000 ark friends to attack me and my maby 10 man tribe and their base is back up in less than a day I have over a hundred friends who will never play ark again just because of the mega alliances alot of these people who want a wipe is because of this reason its not the dinosaur stats or anything else they just want a fair chance at the game but 30 man tribe cant take out 4000 man alliances 

Of course the PVP serv needs a wipe.

Why?
-Because too many bugs were exploited, like duplicate.
-Because the breeds are too old for new players.

We don't need a wipe on ALL PVP server. Just a WIPE on few PVP servers without cross. And it will be ok for all.

Why WILDCARD doesn't want a wipe?
Maybe because they like to sell dinos to the frustrated players?
A really huge and profitable market for them $$.

If they listened to the players, they would have wiped since a long time the few PVP servers. it's really simple for them.
They just don't want it ^^ that's why all my friends and me leave this game.

I look at the news sometimes  for an inesperate wipe ^^ but it never comes.

On 4/23/2019 at 5:20 PM, NoOneBtw said:

After almost 2 years of constant breeding, every larger group now has incredibly mutated dinos that are nowhere close to what the game was originally balanced around. This means that dinos like Rhinos or Therizinosaurs deal much more damage and are much harder to kill than they were 1.5 years ago when the game released. Politically, the game is currently very stale, with alliances constant, no big conflicts and many people leaving the main cluster for others clusters or other games for a fresher and more exciting experience. A wipe would easily reset breeding back to its original state and bring these dinos back down to what they were originally, and bring back many players that have left over the last year.

edit: im talking (mostly) about the Official PvP network, non-legacy, main cluster)

A wipe wouldn't fix anything. Ark's official servers are notoriously unbalanced, as we know, and the middle-game of ark basically disappears on PVP servers because when you join you are either killed repeatedly, never being allowed out of the early game, or you immediately join an alpha tribe, putting you in the late game, essentially removing the actual central gameplay loop. It's a really glaring problem that should have been addressed long before this game was officially released. 

One of the things people subconsciously, or consciously, love about ark is just how powerful you are by the end of the game compared to the beginning of the game. It's a system that means that basically, you could play for hundreds of hours and still have a ladder to climb. It's great in that way. *Really* bad for the type of competitive multiplayer system they currently have.

The best solution I can think of is to make PVP conditional and inconsequential. Instead of having servers that are always PVP-central, have servers that have "PVP days." These would basically be just what they sound like, days on which players can engage in PVP, destroy each others bases, kill each others dinos etc. Once the PVP day is over the server is reloaded and anything that was destroyed or killed is back the way it was.

41 minutes ago, eESTlane said:

wipe isn't fixing anything. dinos will be over-mutated again in no time. get a solution for that and then maybe ask for a clear slate...or new servers

i think its fine that they can get that good but by the time they get to that point a server reset is normal needed cuz servers are dead. if they cap mutes ppl wont breed that much so i think no cap

• Like 1

To touch on your mention of "stale gameplay". I think the introduction of different game modes and a deep story mode would help greatly. I posted a suggestion for different game mode ideas for people to post to if you want to stem off of that idea, click my profile, I haven't posted much yet and it'll be easy to find or just follow this URL 

Edited by InfernalDecay
3 hours ago, Krazeehhh said:

I have 6.5k hours on official pvp, does that make me new?  I would love a wipe.

Im in one of the biggest tribes on PC PvP
WyvhnYW.png

i play official pvp for a year now and soon you may come across a dino i made. it sadly leaked and these stats will soon be the standard for all tribes except for a few big ones. these stats where a lot of work to but a lot of smaller tribes will benefit from it with the bossfights greatly. making the little tribes stronger.

you must also know that big tribes will rise from the ashes super fast. a wipe means nothing for pvp. our tribe restarted from scratch 2 times. devwiped just because of 1 player each time. only took a couple of days to get an abb base running with 25 indus forges.

yss accepts everybody though.

Edited by BertNoobians
  • Like 1

I'm sure smalltribes servers are/will be dying. Normal official servers have been dead for a long time thanks to megatribes. The biggest issue at the moment is that any server you see maybe has 35/70 people online, but once you join you wont find any bases. You know why? Because everyone has mesh bases everywhere. There are actual mesh wars going on where people are trying to find the mesh bases of the people who meshed their mesh base. That is how the game is right now. 

We need official server wipes AFTER meshing is fixed to get everyone out of the damn walls, so the game can be played as it was intended OR we need new servers like Classic PvP. I'm confident that ALOT of people will come back to play. I know at least 10 people in my list alone who would be back to play and i'm only 1 person. 

Just NO, why should we loose all our hard work on small tribes? Why should the current PvP community be wiped, this is a horrible idea that will kill the game. 

Maybe you should learn to read the community crunch, the developers have already stated that wipes will not be happening on any of the official clusters. 

@Arlie87

• Like 1