advice Raiding and griefing

LonelySurvivor25

So basically I play official with a friend, (Aberration)

and we’ve been getting raided again  and again by “99” last night for example where they killed everything...and to my knowledge I might be wrong they are a mega tribe? 

I don’t get why they would continually raid a two man tribe or grief them... we’ve done nothing to them, we just want to play and have fun and see how much we can actually accomplish.

Obviously this happens a lot across other servers, I just don’t get how it’s fun? And I know a lot of you will say “PvP” but it’s not pvp if you’re not online it’s basically PVE...

Because either they are paranoid of others, or just want the entire server for themselves. Theyll attack anyone and anything if they see it, dont care if it means shaming themselves just to kill a lowly prepared tribe.

Not much you can do but either change server or play pve, because you are gonna see a lot of these things.

See id understand if they had a presence on the server but they don’t... they wiped the alpha a month ago... (meshed them) 

If they wanted the sever to themselves I’d leave and they can have it. Considering it’s just 2/6 people that play on the sever... well probably only 2 now that they’ve wiped it... 

Honestly they never stayed on the server, the hit the alpha and after a week of fighting meshed them...

They come back every now and then for what reason I don’t know... 

its only me me and my friend on the server now... and they meshed our breeding base last night and killed everything of value...

the only reason I know they meshed is not one of the guns fired... and a turret tower was destroyed... 

It would bother me less if they didn’t destroy everything, and if they didn’t mesh...

Found the bed and storage boxes under the base, couldn’t even rebuild if I wanted to they’d just come back up and demo everything. don’t know to mesh to destroy them.

i think it’s sad that people feel the need to mesh to raid a base anyway, you shouldn’t have to worry about your base being destroyed from under the map.

Thanks for the advice, it’s people like this , that ruin the game for most people, I’ve known a lot of people that used to play Ark that just wanted to play and have fun, not concerned about being “Alpha” or causing grief... that don’t play because of the politics of Ark and the BS. 

17 hours ago, LonelySurvivor25 said:

It would bother me less if they didn’t destroy everything, and if they didn’t mesh...

Found the bed and storage boxes under the base, couldn’t even rebuild if I wanted to they’d just come back up and demo everything. don’t know to mesh to destroy them.

i think it’s sad that people feel the need to mesh to raid a base anyway, you shouldn’t have to worry about your base being destroyed from under the map.

Thanks for the advice, it’s people like this , that ruin the game for most people, I’ve known a lot of people that used to play Ark that just wanted to play and have fun, not concerned about being “Alpha” or causing grief... that don’t play because of the politics of Ark and the BS. 

Sounds to me it's time to get off PC, or just start playing on a Dedi server.  I'm on Xbox and playing on one of the official CrossArk servers. Very chill and we never have to worry about Mega tribes meshing.

On 1/8/2019 at 11:49 PM, Melcreif said:

Sounds to me it's time to get off PC, or just start playing on a Dedi server.  I'm on Xbox and playing on one of the official CrossArk servers. Very chill and we never have to worry about Mega tribes meshing.

I play Xbox ? if I knew how to mesh I’d use the knowledge to set up a defence against it... only because it’s not a fair way to play the game, it honestly ruins it, I know some Americans that lost 2 years of work on a Rag server to meshing... 

The server we’re on now is really chilled out. Don’t get me wrong I love the PvP element to the game and I really enjoy base defense, but obviously when all your hard work is destroyed by one guy who knows how to mesh and thinks he’s amazing for taking out a whole base by himself...it  kinda ruins it for you.

But it’s a good feeling knowing you’ve designed you’re base well that it takes multiple people to get involved to raid you and work for it. 

I'll tell you what i tell all my friends when they ask me similiar questions about "open world" pvp.  It's all about ruining other people's days to vent off some steam because statistically most people who play this way work jobs that do not bring them joy or fulfillment.  Some people want to be challenged but never TOO MUCH challenge or they stop having fun as well.  It's the joy that comes from bullying people who cannot fight back, the dopamine derived from someone crying in voice chat,  those sort of things. 

You will find remarkably few people who actually want a real challenge from their conquests despite how many people claim otherwise, because declaring your desire for a fair and honorable fight is in most cases virtue signaling.  The vast and implaccable majority are also generally incapable of seeing this truth in themselves because it would create cognitive dissonance and we tend to avoid that as a species.

On 1/7/2019 at 1:57 PM, LonelySurvivor25 said:

So basically I play official with a friend, (Aberration)

and we’ve been getting raided again  and again by “99” last night for example where they killed everything...and to my knowledge I might be wrong they are a mega tribe? 

I don’t get why they would continually raid a two man tribe or grief them... we’ve done nothing to them, we just want to play and have fun and see how much we can actually accomplish.

Obviously this happens a lot across other servers, I just don’t get how it’s fun? And I know a lot of you will say “PvP” but it’s not pvp if you’re not online it’s basically PVE...

Hi, you wiped because you come to server without permission.
Before you start building, you should have asked for permission from a alphas.
Do not listen to what they write here. All of this nonsense.

ARK is political game first, grind and war 2nd.

Steps to survive:
1. Ask alphas for life permission.
2. Aberration good, you survive much longer 3 days - 1 week. Insted of island 1h - 2 days.
3. See the 1.

In any case, you will be destroyed by random griefers. If you no have 24/7 online you no have a chance to survive, on official PVP servers.

If you need advice, ask.

Because either they are paranoid of others, or just want the entire server for themselves. Theyll attack anyone and anything if they see it, dont care if it means shaming themselves just to kill a lowly prepared tribe.

No paranoid, they wiped because not ask permission, or just for fun. Bobs are not dangerous for alphas.
If they do not learn to communicate, it will be everywhere.

Random griefers find you too, zero chance to hide.

19 hours ago, Tuhakiro said:

Hi, you wiped because you come to server without permission.
Before you start building, you should have asked for permission from a alphas.
Do not listen to what they write here. All of this nonsense.

ARK is political game first, grind and war 2nd.

Steps to survive:
1. Ask alphas for life permission.
2. Aberration good, you survive much longer 3 days - 1 week. Insted of island 1h - 2 days.
3. See the 1.

In any case, you will be destroyed by random griefers. If you no have 24/7 online you no have a chance to survive, on official PVP servers.

If you need advice, ask.

No paranoid, they wiped because not ask permission, or just for fun. Bobs are not dangerous for alphas.
If they do not learn to communicate, it will be everywhere.

Random griefers find you too, zero chance to hide.

First of... the Alpha got wiped... and we had “permission” to build.

The tribe “99” kept coming back to grief us... meshing etc... so please don’t assume you know what’s happened or happening.

like I’ve said before, I love the Game and the pvp element to it, however meshing isn’t playing the game as intended...

Im a big believer of a fair fight, and offline Raiding is basically PVE... 

59 minutes ago, LonelySurvivor25 said:

First of... the Alpha got wiped... and we had “permission” to build.

The tribe “99” kept coming back to grief us... meshing etc... so please don’t assume you know what’s happened or happening.

like I’ve said before, I love the Game and the pvp element to it, however meshing isn’t playing the game as intended...

Im a big believer of a fair fight, and offline Raiding is basically PVE... 

No such thing as a fair fight. If I'm griefing, I just want to ruin your day. And i can have most success while your offline. I'm raiding, same thing, but this time i want you gone quickly as possible. But either way I'll hit you when its most convenient for me not you. As for meshing, yes its a bitch move and shouldnt be used. That being said WC has said you can have some meshed turrets as defense. its not enough, but better than nothing.

On 1/13/2019 at 9:35 AM, Psych0P3nguin said:

No such thing as a fair fight. If I'm griefing, I just want to ruin your day. And i can have most success while your offline. I'm raiding, same thing, but this time i want you gone quickly as possible. But either way I'll hit you when its most convenient for me not you. As for meshing, yes its a bitch move and shouldnt be used. That being said WC has said you can have some meshed turrets as defense. its not enough, but better than nothing.

Since when did they say that? Please link me to the thread or post that says so. Dont tell me "a week ago" bs with no proof because i recalled putting meshed defence is more of a solid evidence to get you banned than perpetrators meshing to wipe.

Archived