How do you remove horrible flashy red dinos?

dodogal

In a recent update they added more color sets including flashy red and flashy red dinos look so out of place, not to mention you could mistake them for alphas or low health bloodied dinos

red dino everywhere : trikes igua etc... that just ruins the setting for me as they don't look like normal dinos at all

it's just too inconsistent with the rest of the setting and disrupting the game mechanics (look like alphas or bloodied dino)

I want to get rid of these new color sets, please help me

0OG1RHJ.png

2 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

Wait for the event to end.

not an event, it was added permanently like the tek dinos

1 hour ago, d1nk said:

The cyan, bright colours was fine though? Could it just be you dont like the colour red?

it's not about taste, the red ones don't look like normal dinos at all, they feel completely out of place

Look at this one, it looks like an alpha trike or near dead bloodied trike *facepalm*

w9cm9He.png

41 minutes ago, dodogal said:

not an event, it was added permanently like the tek dinos

Which sentence tells you its permanent? The only ones that are permanent are the Tek Dinos.

In addition, special colored dinos will be populating the ARKs. You'll be able to find creatures sporting red, black, white, and grey for the next month beginning tomorrow. Be sure to take advantage of these special colors before they're extinct!

Also, until November, the event color will always shift between 4 every month (Right now, red is in the list). They aren't permanent.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, DJRone89 said:

Turn the event off.

How would you suggest they go about turning the event off? Hmm? Thought not. They'll have to wait until mid September when the patch will be released to end it, and then move to the next Extinction Chronicles event, which will have different colours.

Guest DJRone89
2 hours ago, GP said:

How would you suggest they go about turning the event off? Hmm? Thought not. They'll have to wait until mid September when the patch will be released to end it, and then move to the next Extinction Chronicles event, which will have different colours.

Quite easily actually on unofficials. You just assume they are playing on official but they never stated either. Your comment doesn’t suprise me either after you called out someone unnecessarily who was asking for help with admin commands instead of just giving them a simple answer. Some mod.

Quite easily actually on unofficials. You just assume they are playing on official but they never stated either. Your comment doesn’t suprise me either after you called out someone unnecessarily who was asking for help with admin commands instead of just giving them a simple answer. Some mod.

I run a modded unofficial, never needed to activate the event, so i cant de-activate it either .... so yeah there goes that theory.

• Volunteer Moderator

The thing is here, look at this:

The OP asks how to remove the red dinos spawning.

You state "turn off the event". Yet you don't bother to provide the OP with the steps to "turn off the event".

I state that the OP will have to wait until Mid-September when the Devs patch out Extinction Chronicles III and patch in IV. You then accuse me off assuming he is playing on official, which is absolutely not true, I assumed he was playing on unofficial hence the reason he asked.

You then say "Quite easily actually on unofficials", yet you have still failed to provide the steps to end the event.

See what's happening here? You are speaking of something you don't understand and then accusing me of making assumptions. It is 100% not possible for unofficials to disable the Extinction Chronicles III event as it is not an activated event, hence not possible to disable.

• Volunteer Moderator

Don't worry @lordbufu at least we unofficial PC players know it's not possible to de-activate the event.

@dodogal Unfortunately the coloured event is not possible to be ended on unofficials prior to the next Extinction Chronicles event in Mid-September. Sometimes it is annoying seeing certain outrageous colours that don't really fit, but you'll just have to kill them all for now! ?

you tell me there's no way to remove these red dinos everywhere till they (hopefully, if ever) patch it out ?

is this a god damn joke? what are you doing ARK DEVS, why do you keep disrupting our setting ? please stop this stupidly forced extinction promo , I already bought the season pass and you don't need to force that promo down my throat by ruining my setting, PLEASE STOP THIS NONSENSE NOW

7 minutes ago, dodogal said:

you tell me there's no way to remove these red dinos everywhere till they (hopefully, if ever) patch it out ?

is this a god damn joke? what are you doing ARK DEVS, why do you keep disrupting our setting ? please stop this stupidly forced extinction promo , I already bought the season pass and you don't need to force that promo down my throat by ruining my setting, PLEASE STOP THIS NONSENSE NOW

Read the community crunches (the news). They will be doing this each month till Extinction release. Along with permanent tek dino additions etc. They also are increasing the level.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, dodogal said:

It is not a joke, they are part of the Extinction Chronicle events. The colours will change mid-September to something else. I can only assume come November the monthly chronicle events will stop, but that's an assumption on my part. But they will be removing the current colours, including red in Mid-September so only 3 more weeks.

No need to get all big bold red text about it.

1 minute ago, dodogal said:

How am I supposed to not be angry?

Usually events require a command to be typed, but now they're forcing them down our throats, not caring if they completely disrupt the setting.  ?

Where have you been for the last two Extinction events?

I personally don't care for the red (same with Christmas event), makes it too hard to see blood.

• Volunteer Moderator
40 minutes ago, dodogal said:

How am I supposed to not be angry?

Simple, just take a deep breath, and then out, and then realise its just a temporary colour in a game. Don't like how the dino looks? Kill it.

I mean I know you're seeing red right now (pun intended), but honestly how can anyone get angry over something so trivial.

Guest DJRone89
9 hours ago, GP said:

Don't worry @lordbufu at least we unofficial PC players know it's not possible to de-activate the event.

@dodogal Unfortunately the coloured event is not possible to be ended on unofficials prior to the next Extinction Chronicles event in Mid-September. Sometimes it is annoying seeing certain outrageous colours that don't really fit, but you'll just have to kill them all for now! ?

So why do I have the option to not run the event on my server?

Your arrogance is hilarious

7 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

So why do I have the option to not run the event on my server?

Id like to see that option, i know there is switch to enable it that was silent added and not mentioned in any patch notes/new articles, but that mentioned switch is not needed to enable the event. There might be a very rare case of mods disabling it, but so far i have not seen a single person that had the issue and/or mentioned the issue.

Like i said before i run a unofficial modded server and do not have the option to disable it, so i'm very curios to where that option you mention is hidden.

Guest DJRone89
15 minutes ago, lordbufu said:

Id like to see that option, i know there is switch to enable it that was silent added and not mentioned in any patch notes/new articles, but that mentioned switch is not needed to enable the event. There might be a very rare case of mods disabling it, but so far i have not seen a single person that had the issue and/or mentioned the issue.

Like i said before i run a unofficial modded server and do not have the option to disable it, so i'm very curios to where that option you mention is hidden.

Multiple events can’t run at the same time, I can just simply switch to a previous event and it will override the current one.

2 minutes ago, DJRone89 said:

Multiple events can’t run at the same time, I can just simply switch to a previous event and it will override the current one.

That doesn't make any sense, since i had to activate the ARKaeology and that dint not deactivate the chronicles, if anything that sounds like unintended bug.

Archived