Community Crunch 134: Small Tribes Servers, Upcoming Structure Changes, & More!

Jen

Playing devils advocate here - but I for one am glad to hear about this change as pillar spamming is a load of Horse$hit, irrespective of intent (protection of resources, pillar griefing other players, etc). 

Beaver dams blocked - tame a couple of snails or kill some mantis and farm some stone - CP problem sorted.

Protecting large metal/obsidian nodes - well that should be part of the no build zones, but maps like Ragnarok have ridiculous quantites build into the cliffs all round the are perfect for quetz/anky harvesting.

Spawn/beacon points - well thats a no brainer - the devs really need to make those no build zones and identify them as such (structures like obeslisk terminal/tek teleporter.

As for dino spawns, just suck it up and go searching the map like every other normal person - if wannabe alpha twat waffles didn't pillar spam the crap out of all the decent build zones - noobies would be less inclined to build in some obscure dino spawn place.

The only downside of the change is that it people are going to find out the minimum structure requirement and we'll go from pillar spam to small hut spamming - Another forum user addressed this issue in another post with a land claim/flag system where by players have a flag/token (single) that they can place down to claim land and then build out from there - if they want to relocate they can move their flag but the existing structure rapidly decays (24-48 hrs - allowing time to relocate dinos/resources, but unable to relocate flag again within 72 hrs preventing people moving back and forth to reset timers). Additionally as a tribe they could be limited to 3-4 flags preventing Alphas spamming and claiming an entire server and push out/pushing all other players trying to establish themselves.

Mic Drop - Rant over.

29 minutes ago, Stryfe said:

Playing devils advocate here - but I for one am glad to hear about this change as pillar spamming is a load of Horse$hit, irrespective of intent (protection of resources, pillar griefing other players, etc). 

Beaver dams blocked - tame a couple of snails or kill some mantis and farm some stone - CP problem sorted.

Protecting large metal/obsidian nodes - well that should be part of the no build zones, but maps like Ragnarok have ridiculous quantites build into the cliffs all round the are perfect for quetz/anky harvesting.

Spawn/beacon points - well thats a no brainer - the devs really need to make those no build zones and identify them as such (structures like obeslisk terminal/tek teleporter.

As for dino spawns, just suck it up and go searching the map like every other normal person - if wannabe alpha twat waffles didn't pillar spam the crap out of all the decent build zones - noobies would be less inclined to build in some obscure dino spawn place.

The only downside of the change is that it people are going to find out the minimum structure requirement and we'll go from pillar spam to small hut spamming - Another forum user addressed this issue in another post with a land claim/flag system where by players have a flag/token (single) that they can place down to claim land and then build out from there - if they want to relocate they can move their flag but the existing structure rapidly decays (24-48 hrs - allowing time to relocate dinos/resources, but unable to relocate flag again within 72 hrs preventing people moving back and forth to reset timers). Additionally as a tribe they could be limited to 3-4 flags preventing Alphas spamming and claiming an entire server and push out/pushing all other players trying to establish themselves.

Mic Drop - Rant over.

Pic the mic back up and let me know how I’m supposed to tame a beaver with all the spawns gone...

24 minutes ago, flamron said:

Pic the mic back up and let me know how I’m supposed to tame a beaver with all the spawns gone...

Don't bother taming them - They are useless in all domains (combat, harvesting and construction) and provide nothing in the way of kibble - granted they can be used as a mobile smithy - but it is an arduous task having them follow you all over the map, and anywhere decent you're likely to need a smithy... just build one - they aren't that resource intensive.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 hours ago, Oreochema said:

I have a question or two regarding the Super Fan Edition ARK box: Has the dossier book been updated to really include all the critters found in ARK?  When I looked through the one my friend had, it was missing the Otter and all the critters from Scorched Earth and Ragnarok. It was also missing the Aberration creatures, due to Aberration not having been released yet.

I was also curious as to whether the dossier book includes the updated dossiers for the TLC critters?

No the dossier book has not been updated from when it was originally released.

• Thanks 1

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, hypersniper2013 said:

wait all the small tribe servers are only pvp? Why? We should have the option of either some of us have lives outside this game and don't like the pvp aspect of this game

Because small tribes really only benefit PvP play. Most people that want PvE Small Tribe servers is purely because of the higher rates and nothing to do with the smaller tribes. Therefore PvE players need to push for PvE Speciality servers that suit what they want.

4 hours ago, Stryfe said:

Beaver dams blocked - tame a couple of snails or kill some mantis and farm some stone - CP problem sorted.[/quote]

except you can't tame beavers.

[/quote]

I highly doubt they'll make resources no-build zones.

As for dino spawns, just suck it up and go searching the map like every other normal person - if wannabe alpha twat waffles didn't pillar spam the crap out of all the decent build zones - noobies would be less inclined to build in some obscure dino spawn place.[/quote]

the good build areas are rarely in player spawn zones. And its the player spawn zones that all the noobs are b*tching about not being able to build at. all 4 official servers im on, once you get outside those spawn areas there is plenty of land. You just aren't gonna join a server thats 3k days old and expect to get some killer base location. Suck it up and take what you can get and if you stick around and stop crying, you'll score a great location. Every server im on i had a crap location at first. why should it be any different for entitled people like yourself?

Mic Drop - Rant over.

You honestly think Wildcard is going to add such a claim/flag feature? lol. not a chance in hell. they're not going to make changes at such a fundamental level this far along. The unintended consequences would be massive and the resulting sh*t storm would make the flyer nerf look like it went over well.

Excellent news incoming from Jat....

/edit....

actually its 11 hour old news. lol.

Survivors,

First and foremost, thank you! Since our announcement post yesterday, we've received an incredible amount of feedback and have decided that we are not going to be rolling out the structural changes this week. We've decided to step back and reevaluate our solution, taking into account the feedback you’ve provided.

Our intent behind the change remains the same. We want to address structure spamming issues (pillar/foundation spam) which often takes place when players attempt to claim or grief different areas of the map in both PVE and PVP. However, we understand that there is legitimate gameplay uses for these mechanics. We want to make sure that the inevitable change we make recognises and can differentiate between illegitimate and legitimate cases.
We want to ensure that our change is a step forward for the game overall. 

We anticipate that this could be a significant change for the game, which is why we need the extra time to step back and reconsider all possible options. We remain vigilant and dedicated to addressing issues that affect survivors the most and want to be cautious that changes like these benefit players overall without causing more harm than good. Stay tuned, as we’re hoping to have more details on the update in the future, as well as the ability to work with you directly in determining the best solution.

Edited by AndrewLB
  • Thanks 1

You guys are mos def moving in the right direction gameplay-wise. Thank you for hearing everyone out on the 6 tribe member limit! Have Pvp and Pve and I believe this will most likely end up a permanent server type because survivors will most likely lean toward the smaller tribes and ×3 server settings over official servers anyway. Good move but Id add Pve small tribe servers as well. Beach and ocean fun is a wise direction to look to for the future of the game also. Great stuff.

Edited by GhostCreep

I have been playing this game over a year, my husband longer.  Been playing on legacy before legacy (so called punishment) came into effect.  Went through watching disgusting constant troll base wipe threats on a PVE server, bases got wiped through all malefic methods on the island, read racial, mother slaundering chats  etc.  Kept playing quietly praying the trolls would tire and leave which btw they did, they happily announced they went official and some went to some of your more popular legacy servers (the stone pipe trollersx).  Wei saw fathers with sons come play this game and leave :( i have met amazing people through passively striving to spare resources and caves and obis.  On legacy people like us were abandoned!!!!  You inherited our nightmare.  This game takes so long to play but im playing til we go.  Will i go official, laughs never!  Why, lesson learnt on how a game you paid for, settled in to play with your family and friends turns its back.  2x is essential to boss fighters they need it to replace losses and most people work.  I am ill so have spare time but not a long enough lifr span to rebuild what i preciously have now.  Its such an awesome game if you could control your trolls and insulant kids.  I understanf many of the complaints that have been presented.  But allowing space so we can be walled up, protecting resourses for all, idk. But i also disagree with pillaring servers so that new people cant enter or build.  Sighs 

I for one think you are doing a good job improving the game. Really appreciate the fact that you are lookng out for the little guy with the small tribe servers. I always play solo or in small tribes for fear of insiders. Also not having bs mega tribes and giant bs alpha alliances to compete with sounds great. I will be back on official servers for the first time in years because of this. I do love boosted servers because not everyone has days to spare raising 1 dino and time to grind constantly. Would love to see a 10x or possibly even more official server. All the benefits of boosted without admin abuse count me in!!! Ark is my favorite game of all time even with lag and the problems. Once you work everything out this game is gonna be mad fun.

15 hours ago, TheDonn said:

But you are an exception to a rule I think many people are not seeing:

If half the kibble dinos are required to have a working kibble farm (say, only 20 needed instead of 40  *these are made-up numbers* ), people will not magically want to tame (or breed) less dinos.  They will tame (or breed) up to their limit, as we all will, with 20 other dinos.  This is not my opinion, this is a easy-to-understand fact about ark players in general.

You are probably right, I probably would tame up to my limit.

I love my dinos a LOT. Cry when I lose them. I have a bear I have had for almost three years, my oldest tame. I love him so much, because he is my oldest. Me and Kenai have had so many adventures together... Even tho I dont use him, he would be guaranteed to come with me to a new server, if my home server ever gets killed off.

I guess my previous post was... I hate being accused of bad behavior, so I got defensive. Before they added a cap, I probably had over 1k dinos. I only want to tame less, because people get angry at me for having too much for their potato PC's. I hate when ppl get angry. I struggle to accept that fact that no matter what I do, there will always be someone who isnt happy with me.

But I ramble, probably off topic now, I'm just replying to the responses to my comments. My apologies if I have done any wrong.

11 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

New servers wont fix the cancer that is the official pve player base. Like I said placing pillars everywhere and tame capping servers are both done on purpose by the players to keep people out. The servers are not tame capped because the server is over crowded, its done purposefully by a tribe or alliance. Adding a new server wont accomplish anything, the same cancerous players will go to the new servers and pillar the whole map and tame cap it. New players will barely get to play on them.

we need regions, pve  NA servers is full of [][][][] player, maybe asians, maybe russians, but not NA players, i'm on a fresh server without transfer and now  we are tame capped cause [][][] players just take all the map with buildings, spawn traps, pillars, etc, and breeding with out real life, now on a fresh server [][][] have tek items and bases.

i'm a casual player i just play 2 hours daily and i cant play this game cause i love tame and my fresh server is tame capped, i dont need a big base i know the better places for bases are taken so i just take a place inland but i cant play if the server is tame capped, look if the server is capped what i can do? yes build where i can and [][][] player do the same.

On 6/5/2018 at 12:47 PM, Jatheish said:

Thanks for the feedback regarding our structure announcement folks, we appreciate it. Keep it coming. 

And here I sadly thought that the structure changes was going to be structures plus on consoles it just proves that you only care about PC and don't give much to Xbox or PS4 as to you these are only secondary if you truly cared you would have it set up that the mods you sponsor on your program would be available as DLC's or incorporated into the base game there have been quite a few games that have been a success that have done this. Ark has the potential to be one of the greats but if you can't/won't incorporate more into consoles like S+ or additional decorations or have things like mirrors work on the console (not enough processing power is a cop-out as most are 4k compatible) 

Edited by DarthHaktyl

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, DarthHaktyl said:

And here I sadly thought that the structure changes was going to be structures plus on consoles it just proves that you only care about PC and don't give much to Xbox or PS4 as to you these are only secondary if you truly cared you would have it set up that the mods you sponsor on your program would be available as DLC's or incorporated into the base game there have been quite a few games that have been a success that have done this. Ark has the potential to be one of the greats but if you can't/won't incorporate more into consoles like S+ or additional decorations or have things like mirrors work on the console (not enough processing power is a cop-out as most are 4k compatible) 

S+ integration is still being worked on, it hasn't even been integrated on PC yet. PC Official servers are in the exact same position as consoles so if they only cared about PC then they'd already have integrated it there wouldn't they?