Tame limit

HEADHUNTER93

5 minutes ago, isu said:

Rafts and platform dinos with structure are 10, everything else should be 1.

Platforms with structures actually count as 19 towards tame limit - XBox Console at least.

Just to clarify, Dino is one towards the tame limit, add a platform it is still one toward's the tame limit, now add any structure on that same platform it adds 19 towards the tame cap.

I don't know about the Gigas but I don't think they count as 5; we were "capped" during the valentines day thing and I managed to hatch a giga by sacrificing a Dodo/Dilo whenever the egg gave the cap message.    Did this early morning so other people were less likely to "steal" the cap space I was making, it wouldn't work in primetime.

59 minutes ago, 20GT said:

So to be clear rafts with structures count as 10 towards the tribe dino cap not the server dino cap?

Do they count at all towards the server tame cap?

And is a bed and a sign a structure? 

Everything that counts toward the tribe cap counts toward the server cap.   Rafts are 10, Platforms are 19.    Bed and sign on a raft would count, not a bed and sign on the ground somewhere.

• Volunteer Moderator
20 minutes ago, Merrilin said:

It irritates me that people complain when we cap and yet most of the time they are the ones who build multiple rafts even after being told it counts towards the limit

These days people are building rafts to use as placeholders. The have a bunch of rafts knowing the server is at cap, then when they want to breed they just drop the eggs and destroy a raft making room for their babies.

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

These days people are building rafts to use as placeholders. The have a bunch of rafts knowing the server is at cap, then when they want to breed they just drop the eggs and destroy a raft making room for their babies.

Great...now we can add that to the list of things people will suggest to "fix" the dino cap. :P

1 hour ago, Joebl0w13 said:

That's exactly what I was thinking. I killed off my dodos trying to be nice and thin out my dinos. Then I hear people are hoarding them so they can tame something else. 

I had to stop taming a lvl 100 halfway through the other day. 

I didn't know that rafts count towards the tame cap. I've got 3. I'm going to save them for tomorrow when I tame a beaver.  

3 hours ago, Joebl0w13 said:

This was the first thing I thought of doing as soon as I knew they cohnted. Not going to lie. I just started on pve and I have no tames... I of course want them and many others have so many, so naturally since I can build a raft I thought of doing so to make sure I get my fair share of Dino spaces. It’s not great but otherwise I’ll end up not getting dinos. 

Let's Review What We've Learned So Far:

The servers suck and WildCard can't deliver on the game performance they promised.   So, they keep decreasing fundamental game features to the point where people get fed up and quit.   Perhaps they think the best way to increase server performance is to have fewer players.  They certainly appear to be accomplishing that.

"Oh, but wait, ...we have new graphic models for your dinos!"

Archived