ARK Digest Question Submissions!

Jatheish

Will Tribe chat / alliance chat logs be made available at some stage to server admins through either logs or through the remote console software? Currently only Global and Local chats are recorded. 

Have had some troubles on our unofficial server that probably would have been resolved alot easier if we had access to logs of tribe chat. 

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2016-02-17 at 0:14 PM, bedsidespider said:

I love that we can now grow berries so efficiently as to need to farm them via mammoth/stego etc. Are there plans in the future to make animals like the pheomia good for meat farming? As it sits the pheomia has the longest gestation at 10 hours. Was this intentional or a mistake?

+1 I was really looking forward to my own cattle station/pig farm :P

21 hours ago, Captain Awesome said:

Are you saving automation for the tech tear or is automation just not going to be part of the game?

+1 Ooooh, quite interested in this myself! :D

Just now, FrankGallagher said:

Hi some other people in the thread thought that I should link the thread in here for a game idea I'm not sure if it's a question. I suppose it's would something like, 'is this idea be interesting for you guys to think about'.

Please let us know.

-Frank

DIG this idea, not so much as a complete integration of the actual PvP servers.

but as another play mode like SOTF

Any chance of getting drugs or Mabey rare mushrooms that cause hallucinations? Image getting hit with a dart or accidentaly eating the wrong thing or to much of the right thing and seeing an imaginery alpha giga suddenly pop up. Mabey allow it to do a small bit of damage based on the players perception that it's real. Seems like it could be a fun end game item. Mabey offset it with rare ability to obtain it so it not over used. 

What is the point of the 120 tribe tame limit on a non-dedicated server?

A tribe can have 120 tames, or a single person can have 120 tames. A non-dedicated server can only have 8 people in a limited distance from each other, so they're pretty much all going to be in the same tribe. But why the tribe limit then? There won't be any more than 8 players, but you give us the option of being separate and having 960 tames, or being together and having 120. Why not just let us be together with 960 if we won't be fighting any other tribes because of the 8 person limit?

Are there plans to fix some of the structure inconsistencies, like ceilings not matching up with one another because some are snapped slightly differently? Maybe a plan to move some of the snap points? It's really annoying when you can't walk through a second-floor doorway because somewhere along the line you snapped things in the wrong order.

Also, are there plans to make the light from electrical lights *not* pass through walls?

Can Dimetrodons be changed to a passive tame? They're supposedly the friendliest carnivores on ARK but are otherwise a massive pain to get ahold of.

Will Oviraptors and Dung Beetles ever receive the ability to automate tamed dino egg/poop collection?

Will tameable cave creatures such as Araneo, Onyc and Dung Beetles ever get actual genders?

Will recently added dinos become actually worth taming by reducing torpor drop and changing their kibble requirements to fit their tier statuses?

What are the next Alphas to be implemented?

Archived