MT: Server Repurpose: General Discussions/Complaints/I Quits

Moonie1

1 minute ago, lvirusl said:

I'll give you club, bosses are no different and still boring grind fests that are barely beatable with out the use of glitches and exploits, eels still screw you but i'll give you that one, and while i like the flyer nerf myself i think you'll find the PvE community hated it. How about large outstanding issues like rendering priorities, under map glitching, consistent game crashes when destructing buildings, dinos disappearing under the mesh, iteams and characters lost on transfer, getting perma stuck in bosses arenas and the glitches where you can't transfer items after that same glitch, randomly getting dismounted off your flying mount, many game breaking bugs exist and they give us paintable vault hallelujah 

Pretty sure at least 3 of things you mentioned only happen if you try to exploit in some way so no sympathy there I imagine, lmao.

Pretty annoyed about being able to fire rockets at foundations from under the map though, Not entirely sure why everything below the surface isn't under water or why it doesn't technically count as "water" (yeah so people under the map drown, even in empty space, who cares)

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Hypsy said:

Pretty sure at least 3 of things you mentioned only happen if you try to exploit in some way so no sympathy there I imagine, lmao.

Pretty annoyed about being able to fire rockets at foundations from under the map though, Not entirely sure why everything below the surface isn't under water or why it doesn't technically count as "water" (yeah so people under the map drown, even in empty space, who cares)

they may be exploits that aren't supposed to be used, but do you think the Chinese mega tribes care about that?. Maybe if the rule abiding tribes didn't have to worry about unsavory people using them unfairly then people wouldn't complain about it.

1 minute ago, lvirusl said:

they may be exploits that aren't supposed to be used, but do you think the Chinese mega tribes care about that?. Maybe if the rule abiding tribes didn't have to worry about unsavory people using them unfairly then people wouldn't complain about it.

Yeah man I'm just pointing out to everyone that you are literally complaining that your exploits don't work as you hoped anymore but that under-meshing is a real problem that shouldn't be diluted by the rest of that.

You are no better then anyone, an exploiter is an exploiter and race has nothing to do with it mate.

5 minutes ago, Sly808 said:

Back on the topic of this post - will WC continue wiping legacy servers every 3 months as mentioned in the above link?

If they continue with the 33% of legacy server wipes each time then all legacy servers will be wiped in 6 months. 

Can we please have an official statement on this.

Sorry for hijacking the thread dude its an important question..

• Volunteer Moderator
12 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

I'll give you club, bosses are no different and still boring grind fests that are barely beatable with out the use of glitches and exploits, eels still screw you but i'll give you that one, and while i like the flyer nerf myself i think you'll find the PvE community hated it. How about large outstanding issues like rendering priorities, under map glitching, consistent game crashes when destructing buildings, dinos disappearing under the mesh, iteams and characters lost on transfer, getting perma stuck in bosses arenas and the glitches where you can't transfer items after that same glitch, randomly getting dismounted off your flying mount, many game breaking bugs exist and they give us paintable vault hallelujah 

So just where exactly will you stop shifting your goalpost to? First it's "they never listen!" then its "they never listen now compared to back then!" and now we have "they never listen about these things and would rather listen about other things!".

1 minute ago, Hypsy said:

Yeah man I'm just pointing out to everyone that you are literally complaining that your exploits don't work as you hoped anymore but that under-meshing is a real problem that shouldn't be diluted by the rest of that.

You are no better then anyone, an exploiter is an exploiter and race has nothing to do with it mate.

Sorry for hijacking the thread dude its an important question..

I never have used those exploits nor has my tribe because we weren't looking for a "Carebears" Incident where our server would get wiped 

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

So just where exactly will you stop shifting your goalpost to? First it's "they never listen!" then its "they never listen now compared to back then!" and now we have "they never listen about these things and would rather listen about other things!".

I'm not shifting any goal post, I'm saying that instead of small frivolous "fixes" maybe they should be fixing the underlying problems that plague the game. But i'm done with this thread nothing will happen here.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, lvirusl said:

I'm not shifting any goal post, I'm saying that instead of small frivolous "fixes" maybe they should be fixing the underlying problems that plague the game. But i'm done with this thread nothing will happen here.

You have been kicking the can down the road though. Your initial post in this thread literally reads

57 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

This community has tried to be helpful to the dev's and they have done nothing to show that they are listening.

When it got pointed out that this is a fallacy you keep shifting things. And this final goalpost you've moved it to is in no way strengthening your argument. As neither you nor I are a fly on the wall of Wildcard Studios, there could be any of a myriad reasons on why they haven't fixed or applied a fix or worked on fixing these "underlying problems that plague the game". But just because those problems persist, that still doesn't go against the fact that they do indeed apply changes and fixes that have been brought about due to community feedback.

37 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

- kibble

There's plenty more but those ring off the top of my head. I get that you're frustrated and angry and that you feel misaligned, but to say that they never listen to the community (be they beneficial or misguided) is a ridiculously absurd falsehood.

Yeah gotta love those kibble farms on every base.

Good job! 

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, ShadowAngel said:

Yeah gotta love those kibble farms on every base.

Good job! 

Kibble still tames carnivores far faster than prime meat, with a lower "worry" due to kibbles slower spoilage, and greatly closes the taming efficiency gap between carnivores and herbivores. You're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

1 minute ago, ciabattaroll said:

Kibble still tames carnivores far faster than prime meat, with a lower "worry" due to kibbles slower spoilage, and greatly closes the taming efficiency gap between carnivores and herbivores. You're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I did not say that kibble is bad, but its production is a poor game design. I say this as a professional.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, ShadowAngel said:

I did not say that kibble is bad, but its production is a poor game design. I say this as a professional.

The production could use tweaking, I agree. But the premise there is that the setup is the offset to the benefits, specially when compared to how prime/berry taming takes significantly less of a setup for the reduced taming efficiency. We can only hope that improvements come with their aforementioned kibble tree rework.

Just now, ciabattaroll said:

The production could use tweaking, I agree. But the premise there is that the setup is the offset to the benefits, specially when compared to how prime/berry taming takes significantly less of a setup for the reduced taming efficiency. We can only hope that improvements come with their aforementioned kibble tree rework.

If it's gonna still include eggs in it, this will not make a difference.

There are a lot more fun and engaging ways to make kibble setup work. For example instead of taiming creatures - kill them for unique parts for making kibble. Or search for nests in woods to get eggs. Use " kibble extractor" tool on wild sleeping dino to get a needed part, etc.

Anyway back to the topic. I think WC game designers did a fantastic job at creating the game, and did absolutely horrible job at listening to the community at what should be tweaked and what should be left alone to make this game fun, but not necessarily balanced. In the end only how fun is game counts, no one will remember how perfectly balance it was.

58 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

Everything you have just listed is all from a time long ago when the community was small. They stopped listening a long time ago. What is something that has come from a community suggestion or even a major bug fix in recent history. You will find your list is far smaller.

I feel bad for you guys as mods because now you're working overtime to control the forums because of WC's mistake.

Any community crunch posted in the last month disproves this.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, ShadowAngel said:

If it's gonna still include eggs in it, this will not make a difference.

There are a lot more fun and engaging ways to make kibble setup work. For example instead of taiming creatures - kill them for unique parts for making kibble. Or search for nests in woods to get eggs. Use " kibble extractor" tool on wild sleeping dino to get a needed part, etc.

Anyway back to the topic. I think WC game designers did a fantastic job at creating the game, and did absolutely horrible job at listening to the community at what should be tweaked and what should be left alone to make this game fun, but not necessarily balanced. In the end only how fun is game counts, no one will remember how perfectly balance it was.

You confuse "fun and engaging" with balanced. Kibble tames in a really short time with a really high taming efficiency at the cost of having a very lengthy setup time of gathering the eggs, fiber, crops and berries, and the specific meats. Prime meat or berry taming in comparison is a significantly shorter setup time, but is offset by a noticeably lower taming efficiency.

Unless you make this scavenger hunt for unique parts equally lengthy as gathering eggs then (in comparison to the current mechanic) it would be horribly imbalanced, as you get high taming efficiency for a setup that's only slightly longer than it would take to swat a jungle or kill a herd of bronto/diplo/paracers.

19 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

Unless you make this scavenger hunt for unique parts equally lengthy as gathering eggs then (in comparison to the current mechanic) it would be horribly imbalanced, as you get high taming efficiency for a setup that's only slightly longer than it would take to swat a jungle or kill a herd of bronto/diplo/paracers.

With current system it's a matter of "when" you get everything. Yes you right setup is very lengthy but when you get it - it's basically watching paint dry.

Problem is - this core design is bad. Once system established you don't get to play the game anymore. You only create more lags for everyone around you.

Instead with some math magic you could make player spend same amount of time hunting. But in this case game would be exciting even after you got kibble. If you need more = do some more hunting.

But even with current system there are few ways WC could resolve kibble farms. Just add dino storage at industrial teer, that way we still have to feed and protect our taims but they will not take up that much server resources = less lags. Yeh it won't be as cool looking as kibble farms on current servers but they will do same job.

29 minutes ago, StormLord said:

Any community crunch posted in the last month disproves this.

I swear to you, there is no amount of facts or logic that will help your argument with that guy. Real talk, don't waste your time, lol.

OP, what you saw in the official announcement is what will happen, just be cautious of some of the additional speculation. That said, I'd imagine the Legacy servers will die fairly quickly when people realize no one is sticking around to play on them because everyone went to new servers.

23 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

I swear to you, there is no amount of facts or logic that will help your argument with that guy. Real talk, don't waste your time, lol.

OP, what you saw in the official announcement is what will happen, just be cautious of some of the additional speculation. That said, I'd imagine the Legacy servers will die fairly quickly when people realize no one is sticking around to play on them because everyone went to new servers.

again, i see no real reason why pve players should move, if the server is sound  the community is strong, why give that up for a lagfest of possibly pillarforest proportions, rightnow feels like i got the choice to keep the fruits of my labor or suffer the early game again with more lag,

28 minutes ago, ShadowAngel said:

With current system it's a matter of "when" you get everything. Yes you right setup is very lengthy but when you get it - it's basically watching paint dry.

Problem is - this core design is bad. Once system established you don't get to play the game anymore. You only create more lags for everyone around you.

Instead with some math magic you could make player spend same amount of time hunting. But in this case game would be exciting even after you got kibble. If you need more = do some more hunting.

But even with current system there are few ways WC could resolve kibble farms. Just add dino storage at industrial teer, that way we still have to feed and protect our taims but they will not take up that much server resources = less lags. Yeh it won't be as cool looking as kibble farms on current servers but they will do same job.

Make it like a pokemon storage lol 

13 minutes ago, rawsh said:

again, i see no real reason why pve players should move, if the server is sound  the community is strong, why give that up for a lagfest of possibly pillarforest proportions, rightnow feels like i got the choice to keep the fruits of my labor or suffer the early game again with more lag,

I agree. I think PVP should have been the only servers affected level the playing field for any new players that join after release. PVE was great for players that just wanted to build without worry of being torn down by trolls. Now those new severs will be pillared off as quickly as possible just like the Center maps and Ragnarok maps. WC ended up being the biggest troll to PVE in the end.

Archived