Casanova

Welcome To The New Forum!

Recommended Posts

mleii    683

Probably too late, but could you please add Google auth as the 2 factor secondary?  I use that for other things, sounds like it'll be better than the one you're using and doesn't require me to share my phone number with it.

Also thanks for making he dark theme.  My night time browsing will be much better now.  Though would like to see a few of the things with fonts addressed above.  Otherwise we'll need to keep swapping back and forth between themes to read things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weiss    45

The search function is not working any more for me.

Who is this "Kevin" of WC that decides on the colors? First unreadable ingame menu and ascendant color marker.

Now dark green on black, grey on black and very dark grey on black (DILO?!) on the forum?

When I was 12 I customized my Windows to look similar. Yeah, I was cool af, but could't read anything without hurting my eyes.

Why are books mostly black in white? Because you can easily read with this contrast. Why is this forum dark on dark?!

A forum is for info, not for style. This is really annoying! Or is this another "soft wipe" for the forum, so everyone stops coming here and is forced to read on Twitter (where you can read everything without problems and schnickschnack)

What are these new "emotes" for?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weiss    45
8 minutes ago, ChibiZoMbiE89 said:

Why not post this under the announcement of the new design where Chris would have a better chance of actually taking a look at it?

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/forums/topic/216564-welcome-to-the-new-forum/

 

Because the I tried the search function and it didn't work. Thx for the link.

2 minutes ago, xLunacy said:

Whoever made the theme choice for the website/forums should be fired...Thank god the old theme is available...

How?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Weiss said:

Because the I tried the search function and it didn't work. Thx for the link.

Weird. It worked for me.

image.thumb.png.5be21c3b4a2e644e5b282841fd6537f5.png

4 minutes ago, xLunacy said:

Whoever made the theme choice for the website/forums should be fired...Thank god the old theme is available...

Just because you don't agree with the theme? I personally like it. I think they were going with something to kind of match the Tek items. Sure some things can be adjusted, but the new theme was just launched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jerryn    1251
20 minutes ago, Weiss said:

The search function is not working any more for me.

Who is this "Kevin" of WC that decides on the colors? First unreadable ingame menu and ascendant color marker.

Now dark green on black, grey on black and very dark grey on black (DILO?!) on the forum?

When I was 12 I customized my Windows to look similar. Yeah, I was cool af, but could't read anything without hurting my eyes.

Why are books mostly black in white? Because you can easily read with this contrast. Why is this forum dark on dark?!

A forum is for info, not for style. This is really annoying! Or is this another "soft wipe" for the forum, so everyone stops coming here and is forced to read on Twitter (where you can read everything without problems and schnickschnack)

What are these new "emotes" for?

 

You can go to the bottom of any page and pick the old Theme; right under the Hosted by Nitrado.

The thread you were just merged into explains the new features.

I for one, am enjoying the darker background...much easier on my eyes.  Still needs some tuning in a few places, but good overall.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weiss    45
Posted (edited)

Edit: Apparently my thread was merged so now you got my reply two times.

--#

I only use the forum from my phone.

The search function isn't working. The window pops up, I klick on it and it disappears.

The forum is barely readable. Who though it is a good idea to put dark text on a dark background? As stated in another thread, my Windows looked similar when I was 12. Cool colors mashed togethet but very hard to read and hurting the eyes.

What's the purpose if these emotion thingys? How do they improve the forum? 

why the hell did my text now become highlighted? I only used backspace?

Edited by Weiss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mleii    683
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Weiss said:

Edit: Apparently my thread was merged so now you got my reply two times.

--#

I only use the forum from my phone.

The search function isn't working. The window pops up, I klick on it and it disappears.

The forum is barely readable. Who though it is a good idea to put dark text on a dark background? As stated in another thread, my Windows looked similar when I was 12. Cool colors mashed togethet but very hard to read and hurting the eyes.

What's the purpose if these emotion thingys? How do they improve the forum? 

why the hell did my text now become highlighted? I only used backspace?

The search UI does appear to be broken on mobile for me as well.

But you can search here for now until it's fixed.

https://survivetheark.com/index.php?/search/

Edited by mleii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mleii    683
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, GP said:

It is explained in the OP of this thread.

I will say that on my mobile device the color differentiation for the UI to change themes is hard to see.  I can see it because I know where to look, but should be made easier to see.

image.thumb.jpeg.b53fc030eb18b60e73368b6a06382e1a.jpeg

Edited by mleii

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
GP    3586
Just now, mleii said:

I will say that on my mobile device the color differentiation for the UI to change themes is hard to see.  I can see it because I know where to look, but should be made easier to see.

I'm sure Casanova will take note of that when he reads through this thread.

Although everyone that reads the OP will know where to look as it is described and shown in the screenshot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tai    31

The 'new and improved' Tribe system kinda saddens me to be honest, it feels like quite the downgrade. 

In this version we can't make custom ranks that match our ranks in game, nor can we actually delete forums that have been made.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Wal62    49

Layout, Design brilliant but Samsung 55" 4K & PlayStation Pro and im finding this grey background and light grey text harder to see compared to how it was, font touch larger or text lighter, feel it needs a change. I use forum via my PlayStation . 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Casanova    812

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll be making lots of tweaks/fixes over the coming days!

2 hours ago, mleii said:

Probably too late, but could you please add Google auth as the 2 factor secondary?  I use that for other things, sounds like it'll be better than the one you're using and doesn't require me to share my phone number with it.

 

We've had Google Auth enabled for months now.... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mleii    683
Just now, Casanova said:

Thanks for the feedback guys! I'll be making lots of tweaks/fixes over the coming days!

We've had Google Auth enabled for months now.... 

Doh!  I totally missed that.  Thank you!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mleii    683
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

What color is the background here in hex or code?

Because I can't do secret messages anymore in white

It appears to be #2A2A2A.

Or 42 42 42 for RGB. :)

Edited by mleii
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
wildbill    217

I'm liking it, just two things.

I like the extra reactions, but since there is a thumbs up, really would like to have a thumbs down too.

When I click on the bell to see my notifications, all the posts in the list look the same color to me (maybe I'm color blind and don't know it). I'll try reverting to the old theme and see if that helps.

  • Facepalm 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now