Server Wipe

Killbolt
Message added by Jerryn

Let's stay on topic and not make this personal.

Note:  Responding to an off topic comment is also off topic.

Boy I'm glad I play PVE unofficial and not official. 80% of the issues from duping and such doesn't affect me as much. Sure people could still dupe on my server if I don't catch them (and mark my words I will if you decide to cheat on my server), but all they'll accomplish is giving my server lag...and then they'll promptly lose all that cheated work and get banned from my server (and with transfers off, they are locked to all that cheated stuff being on my server only so it doesn't become a plague to other servers).

WC should continue to do the banning I've seen them do. Wipe or no wipe. It'll just be easier on them if they can fix what's allowing these cheaters to well...cheat. And then they get banned and that's one or more less offenders to ruin everyone else's fun. Hopefully they've made progress...some quick google searches is showing me that dupers are having a harder and harder time being successful at it with every patch at the very least.

Still all for a wipe of course, for reasons I've already stated.

42 minutes ago, Insomniak said:

The parents only told the kids they had to play together not that they had to play nice.

Have you read the rules WC has posted for Officials? You might want to re-read those...because I'm pretty sure a LOT of players are violating these terms, and also makes this particular quote I stated null.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1318836262671907202/

Read and be educated young padawan. This also shows WC needs to really step up their game when it comes to in-server managing...one step on an official server would probably show them finding at LEAST 1 person violating one of these rules.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

Next, and btw there is no way I could put all this is one thread, it would be way too long.

duping is becoming the biggest issue right now, bigger than god tames and even bigger than the wipe(which not too happy about) even though it is ultimately helping the wipe be born. 

The thing is, it is starting to not matter rather they will keep doing it after release. The overwhelming amount of loyal(I'll get into that later) people on twitter and these forums are definitely getting attention from the devs. Jat said they are focusing on single player which we have seen happening. Sure they could do this this this, ok that's fine and dandy. Unless they plan on doing it right before the release there will be every duped item times a 1000 by then. So even if they did fix it they will definitely wipe to get rid of said items.

its all that most of the players care about right now. It is not just Jen, every tweet from every dev is met with hate, rage, and insults. Can't be good for morale

Most people will only comment if they are unhappy about something, it's just in our nature and it's nothing new. It has no reflection on the actual populous playing and buying future content and their opinion. Truthfully full disclosure most players have no idea these "discussions" are even going on because last they heard the general concensus around every server is servers won't be wiped at all unless something catastrophic happens- that can't be fixed by manual interjection. I view that as full on hacked stats and items, losing mod control over the server etc. what we have now are dinos and duped items that would still be in the game if not duped (just in lesser amounts). Dino stats can be capped at any time.. just look at weapon bps. Btw these "God tames" are not hacked on Xbox official they are "cap babies", the result of the exploitation glitch that had been patched for some time. They are nothing new and have been around for a while. WC is well aware of all the issues going on im sure, just give it time.

18 minutes ago, Ulta said:

Boy I'm glad I play PVE unofficial and not official. 80% of the issues from duping and such doesn't affect me as much. Sure people could still dupe on my server if I don't catch them (and mark my words I will if you decide to cheat on my server), but all they'll accomplish is giving my server lag...and then they'll promptly lose all that cheated work and get banned from my server (and with transfers off, they are locked to all that cheated stuff being on my server only so it doesn't become a plague to other servers).

WC should continue to do the banning I've seen them do. Wipe or no wipe. It'll just be easier on them if they can fix what's allowing these cheaters to well...cheat. And then they get banned and that's one or more less offenders to ruin everyone else's fun. Hopefully they've made progress...some quick google searches is showing me that dupers are having a harder and harder time being successful at it with every patch at the very least.

Still all for a wipe of course, just so that unofficials can be more fair for the new guys.

Have you read the rules WC has posted for Officials? You might want to re-read those...because I'm pretty sure a LOT of players are violating these terms, and also makes this particular quote I stated null.

https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/1318836262671907202/

Read and be educated young padawan. This also shows WC needs to really step up their game when it comes to in-server managing...one step on an official server would probably show them finding at LEAST 1 person violating one of these rules.

So your saying use one for an example each server? Public hanging lol  These rules are all enforced now I'm sure. Multiple bases have been wiped by the mods just most times they are not posted on twitter. Unfortunetely, I think the real problem is that's not enough discipline for people to stop, which.. hopefully... will change next month.

1 hour ago, Insomniak said:

That's like saying I enjoyed remodeling my house.. it was a fun experience in different ways but still kinda grindy at times. Damn sure don't want to tear it apart and go through it again but the first experience was fun.

Just wait a few more years and another remodel will happen. Even if it is your wife that wants it

Okay so based on what I've seen so far, people that don't wanna wipe are worried about their lost time, and then the tweet the Jeremy had over a year ago favors their side of saying that there won't be a wipe, and how they've been loyal to the game, on the pro-wipe side talks about all the cheating "duping, ddosing, and god Dino's", appeals to the new player base, and can put people on the most level playing ground, everyone has great arguments for each side but really is just a bunch fighting, the devs are the only ones that can decide what's best for the game and make the decision but to be fair to the whole player base they need to put a updated announcement saying what their plans are just because it will let the players decide what they wanna do, no wipe people go on bout their business and keep playing, wipe people can take a break and come back if they want, stop spending long hours on breeding & grinding but with this thread ever growing it'd be nice for all of us not to be in the dark especially since it's getting closer and closer to release, I know they're super busy ATM with trying to get the full release out there but honestly if it's not ready I'd rather them push back the release date even tho I'd be pretty mad, but it would make sense to say something so the players kind of get an idea what's going on cause there's no way the devs haven't seen or read any of this thread

8 minutes ago, Steiner631 said:

Okay so based on what I've seen so far, people that don't wanna wipe are worried about their lost time, and then the tweet the Jeremy had over a year ago favors their side of saying that there won't be a wipe, and how they've been loyal to the game, on the pro-wipe side talks about all the cheating "duping, ddosing, and god Dino's", appeals to the new player base, and can put people on the most level playing ground, everyone has great arguments for each side but really is just a bunch fighting, the devs are the only ones that can decide what's best for the game and make the decision but to be fair to the whole player base they need to put a updated announcement saying what their plans are just because it will let the players decide what they wanna do, no wipe people go on bout their business and keep playing, wipe people can take a break and come back if they want, stop spending long hours on breeding & grinding but with this thread ever growing it'd be nice for all of us not to be in the dark especially since it's getting closer and closer to release, I know they're super busy ATM with trying to get the full release out there but honestly if it's not ready I'd rather them push back the release date even tho I'd be pretty mad, but it would make sense to say something so the players kind of get an idea what's going on cause there's no way the devs haven't seen or read any of this thread

Look at official statements on twitter they've answered this question as current as three weeks ago. Don't believe me then go check.. I'm just here because they keep giving me free popcorn and drinks.

5 hours ago, Volcano637 said:

That is also why there will be a wipe. All of these old players are leaving because of the crashing. That won't get fix anytime soon so they won't come back anytime soon. So now they have to worry about the new players.

and don't worry the crashes really won't be fixed anytime soon.

Lol the old players have been through the various stages of server instability, they stay because they know they only need to wait it out and in the meantime breed and feed.

6 hours ago, Mendoza said:

I support the wipe, but it won't make much difference if they don't fix a few things first...

• Change the way alliances work and make a max tribe limit
  • Bring back server clusters limited to one of each unique map. Mega tribes would need to start over if they wish to dominate other clusters.
  • Make beacon drop locations fully random so they cannot be exploited (prevent easy transportation of resources on the same map to your base which has a consistent drop)

this. this so much. but i don't know about completely random drops, as you know that there are places where that wouldn't work i.e. inside of people's bases and on certain mountains.

but still, totally yes.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, Insomniak said:

Think it was Chris @CudaCores .. the original tweet was different but the "don't listen to rumors" was referring to server wipes.. think he had to edit it for space because people were wondering what the pc swag was 

That was just don't listen to rumours about anything to do with wipes. If someone says there will be a wipe = rumour, if someone says there wont be a wipe = rumour. It didn't answer anything, it was just telling people to use commonsense and don't listen to randoms.

3 hours ago, BulletForce said:

I'm guessing your a PVE player??

The title of this thread should be PVP Server Wipe so all the PVE players would stop interfering in the process.

No, I have not and never will play PvE. Nothing against the players who play that, but for me I don't build and breed for pleasure.

That's why I am against the wipe. I have put in to much time into my bases and can't afford the time to rebuild it. Nor the risk involved in rebuilding.

Especially after summer, don't think I'll come across the time to invest into this game. 

6 minutes ago, GP said:

That was just don't listen to rumours about anything to do with wipes. If someone says there will be a wipe = rumour, if someone says there wont be a wipe = rumour. It didn't answer anything, it was just telling people to use commonsense and don't listen to randoms.

Ok I'll go with that, lol. and the debate continues?

2 hours ago, Steiner631 said:

I agree they should At least give us an advanced notice about what their intentions are.

Best course of action is to add brand new servers at full release and keep them on their own cluster.

Let the veteran servers run it's course. If they ever fix duping, the duped items will run it's way through ark and things will get relatively back to normal.

Only way to appease both groups. Especially if another duping method comes out after full release. That will cause a real sandstorm among Ark players.

On 05/02/2017 at 10:02 PM, clumsynynja said:

Do you have even one good reason why 'they don't deserve it'? If it's anything like your other thread, I'm guessing the answer is 'no'. 

His base is probably made out of thatch and his most expensive item is a metal pick axe that keeps getting stolen by people in the Stone Age of building with his favourite dodo named gigantosaurus being slaughters and being turned into Dilo food and the hide being made into bola's for their next raid on him

But on a serious note I think we should just vote on official ark with the people who are playing for the next 2/3 weeks with a yes, no, and I don't really care answers so it's fair to what the actual active community wants. Maybe the servers which have been active for extended periods of time with high activity are exempt from the vote regardless of outcome

4 minutes ago, PreeThis said:

But on a serious note I think we should just vote on official ark with the people who are playing for the next 2/3 weeks with a yes, no, and I don't really care answers so it's fair to what the actual active community wants. Maybe the servers which have been active for extended periods of time with high activity are exempt from the vote regardless of outcome

Good idea but players would just claim it was rigged and believe me, this one would look rigged. 

4 hours ago, Colbeh said:

Didn't know being a try hard and challenging yourself is now a negative quantity.

It's probally safe to assume that you don't own a very large base and run a big tribe and put in countless hours into building a base. Very few people will enjoy redoing everything all over again. Especially when there are other measure to take besides wiping the server.

I would have alot more fun keeping all my hard work and not having to redo everything for no reason... am I right?

I appreciate the backup. 

On 2/5/2017 at 1:36 PM, pytommy2 said:

Wipe? What about the old players? I and many dont want thousands of gameplay hours be wiped. 

I'm an 'old' player--starting damn-near the beginning of this game's release on the console--and I wholly support a wipe of all official servers.

Have you seen what PvP official servers have become? It's insanity in a handbasket with all these duped mega gigas and whatnot. People rather cheat their way to victory than put in the effort and grind to achieve greatness. Hell, my server has been invaded by a mega-alpha with duped gigas and gear. Had they of not done that, and my tribe--plus our allies--would have easily warded them off and prevent many players from just quitting the game because they watched their hard work go up in flames.

Nah...A wipe is necessary at this point. At least to get rid of the level 2000+ gigas that the devs spawned in the game and people have gotten. Duping those would mean game over for many of us 'old' players.

• GP locked this topic

Archived