how to beat the dragon boss with the current patch?

Azmo

how do you beat the dragon boss with ark's current patch? i have seen videos on how to kill it but they mostly used exploits like pin the dragon so it cant move. with bosses have been patched now i dont really know if u can actually pin the dragon again or at least use any more exploits to kill it. is there any of u guys who have beaten this boss in official? if so, how do you do it? any tips would be appreciated,especially the stats requirement for the rexes, thanks!

On 7/11/2017 at 5:19 PM, Azmo said:

how do you beat the dragon boss with ark's current patch? i have seen videos on how to kill it but they mostly used exploits like pin the dragon so it cant move. with bosses have been patched now i dont really know if u can actually pin the dragon again or at least use any more exploits to kill it. is there any of u guys who have beaten this boss in official? if so, how do you do it? any tips would be appreciated,especially the stats requirement for the rexes, thanks!

Afaik the dragon is NOT patched yet, so kill it while you can.  It was the brood what was changed to not to be able to lock it.

You cannot kill the Hard bosses without using an exploit. The easy (and maybe the medium) is doable without using any glitches/bugs. If you are trying to kill a hard boss, be ready to sacrifice everythign you bring there, because the exploits don't work 100% of the time.

12 minutes ago, szabiferi said:

Afaik the dragon is NOT patched yet, so kill it while you can.  It was the brood what was changed to not to be able to lock it.

You can still glitch the Broodmother with rexes, so that patch did not work. If they ever patch it, no one will be able to kill it (Hard), unless they rework it's stats.

Just did the 3 bosses on hard mode without any glitch and lost (just one player who did crash). On Ragnarok with the same strat for the 3 of them.

1 Yuty + 19 Rex (25-35k hp +/-50armor) + 7 Players with +400% Bow or Assault rifle (Really easy to get on ragnarok with lava golem + 1 player full crafting skill)

You just have to make groups with your Rexes, (2 rex per group). Whistle attack the first group, then when low on health whistle the second group and bring back the first one. And so on... the boss should be dead before the last group. 

You can replace your last rex with a pig but we didn't needed it.

The hardest part is to find Spino sails as Spino are nearly inexistant on Ragnarok (but we won a boss pass to an event :) )

5 hours ago, TitiShu said:

Just did the 3 bosses on hard mode without any glitch and lost (just one player who did crash). On Ragnarok with the same strat for the 3 of them.

1 Yuty + 19 Rex (25-35k hp +/-50armor) + 7 Players with +400% Bow or Assault rifle (Really easy to get on ragnarok with lava golem + 1 player full crafting skill)

You just have to make groups with your Rexes, (2 rex per group). Whistle attack the first group, then when low on health whistle the second group and bring back the first one. And so on... the boss should be dead before the last group. 

You can replace your last rex with a pig but we didn't needed it.

The hardest part is to find Spino sails as Spino are nearly inexistant on Ragnarok (but we won a boss pass to an event :) )

I can't believe that. You just split your damage. No way you beat hard bosses with that strat. Make a video, showing it.

3 hours ago, Thorium said:

I can't believe that. You just split your damage. No way you beat hard bosses with that strat. Make a video, showing it.

The damage didn't came from the rexes but from our weapons, the rexes were juste there to tank. And by splitting them they tank much longer as bosses deals AOE. And with only 2 rex tanking the boss at the same time, the boss is not toally hidden by the rex so we can use the Assault Rifle with a better dps than other weapon. our AR damager were about 450% (even one with +500%)

The server did wipe so i can't make a video right now, but i think one of my tribe member did reccord the hard megapithecus

28 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

It annoys me that at any hint of damage from a dino, the dragon takes off. It makes it impossible to do it without ranged weapons or glitching it, or taking a year.

Would like it to not be able to fly after certain point in health loss. Like maybe 45% health remaining? Also it should take extra damage while flying. 

I solo Easy bosses on Official all the time. Dragon is beatable with 18 20kHealth 800%dmg rexes. 2 50k+ Food Daeodons. Set the Daeodons to ignore whistle and when ones food is gone use the other. Constantly heal the rexes. You might lose a few rex but you should make it out alive. With the rexes whistled aggressive i have never had a problem with dragon taking off.

I done the fight tons of times. I honestly believe Medium and Hard are to unbalanced to beat without glitching it.

I kind of expected the boss to be like the Onyxia of Nefarian fight from World of Warcraft. Those two are major lore characters (as well as siblings).

Onyxia: Phase 1 tank and spank. Phase 2 she flies up and hurls fireballs while you deal with whelplings (adds). She only returns to the ground after receiving enough damage but this  could just be a timed phase for Ark. Phase 3 tank and spank again but with infrequent whelplings and random "ground is lava" damage so you have to move around.

Nefarian: Phase 1 he leaves and you have to kill adds. Phase 2 is tank and spank but party receives debuffs. Phase 3 is a continuation of Phase 2 but with resurrected adds.

Of course, since they are dragons, if you are standing in front you get bitten, cleaves, and breathed on. If you stand behind it you can get launched away with a tail smack. So you have to stand on the sides if you are not tanking it and deal with the periodic wing gust that pushes you away.

hi we just try the 3 bosses on the island in easy the brood we took it pretty easy but the dragon easy mode we got wiped in 3 min thats our second try we had 18 exes 800 m 35 to 40 k health and 107 armor saddle with a hl yeti and daedon with tones of kibb to regen but still we got wiped any have a solution please thank you by the way we were 6 players with 90 percent imprint on each our rexes so i asking how can u not kill a dragon with 18 rexes 35 to 40 k health and 800 mele and so much armor they just get killed after one fireball and one bite thanks for help 

• 2 months later...
On 7/17/2017 at 3:03 PM, sashatte said:

hi we just try the 3 bosses on the island in easy the brood we took it pretty easy but the dragon easy mode we got wiped in 3 min thats our second try we had 18 exes 800 m 35 to 40 k health and 107 armor saddle with a hl yeti and daedon with tones of kibb to regen but still we got wiped any have a solution please thank you by the way we were 6 players with 90 percent imprint on each our rexes so i asking how can u not kill a dragon with 18 rexes 35 to 40 k health and 800 mele and so much armor they just get killed after one fireball and one bite thanks for help 

What type of armor were you using? Did the Rex's get wiped first or did they players wipe first? If the players all died first then it seems to me that it auto kills all the Dinos.

8 minutes ago, Cinnamongod said:

What type of armor were you using? Did the Rex's get wiped first or did they players wipe first? If the players all died first then it seems to me that it auto kills all the Dinos.

This thread is from July. Try not to necro dead threads. There's already other recent threads about the bosses.

44 minutes ago, Cinnamongod said:

I went with some friends on Legacy with my old dinos and we tried it just to see if it was doable on official servers after the most recent buff. 17 Rexes (9 with riders imprinted to that Rex) with 750+ melee and 50k+ health... all with saddles over 110, a yuty with max armor saddle, and 2 healing pigs. I have successfully defeated the dragon on hard with as few as 6 people and 10 rexes at least 10 times on legacy servers... They broke it again. On medium everything was dead within 5 minutes. Dragon lands a lot more, but you can't hit it because it does so much more knockback now. It also uses it's breath attack a lot more.

Some people on dedicated servers with boosted rates have come up with a solution using theris instead of rexes since they can be healed with veggie cake and are faster, but this has yet to be done on official or legacy servers successfully, to my knowledge. If you are on official servers my advice is to just write those engrams off until someone can successfully defeat it on the official servers. We are breeding theris on the new cluster to try it out, but it may be 2 or 3 months before we are ready to attempt it on easy.

7 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

I went with some friends on Legacy with my old dinos and we tried it just to see if it was doable on official servers after the most recent buff. 17 Rexes (9 with riders imprinted to that Rex) with 750+ melee and 50k+ health... all with saddles over 110, a yuty with max armor saddle, and 2 healing pigs. I have successfully defeated the dragon on hard with as few as 6 people and 10 rexes at least 10 times on legacy servers... They broke it again. On medium everything was dead within 5 minutes. Dragon lands a lot more, but you can't hit it because it does so much more knockback now. It also uses it's breath attack a lot more.

Some people on dedicated servers with boosted rates have come up with a solution using theris instead of rexes since they can be healed with veggie cake and are faster, but this has yet to be done on official or legacy servers successfully, to my knowledge. If you are on official servers my advice is to just write those engrams off until someone can successfully defeat it on the official servers. We are breeding theris on the new cluster to try it out, but it may be 2 or 3 months before we are ready to attempt it on easy.

You are a buzz kill. :( 

I am on Official Legacy and just recently lost everything in Gamma Dragon within 2 mins. We were being attacked immediately upon spawn and 2 of the 3 players died instantly to the Dragons attack. I almost made it to the Dragon but after my armor broke to a close Dragon attack I was taken out by a Dimorph. And just like that 19 Rex's and 1 Yuty with all their saddles gone even though not a single one of them died. The players dying and losing all of their stuff is bad enough but to lose all of your Dino's because no one is left in the arena really sucks. I feel in this case the Dino's should have been just immediately teleported out to the Obi.  

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

We are breeding theris on the new cluster to try it out, but it may be 2 or 3 months before we are ready to attempt it on easy.

thanks to some awesome legacy traders we have found some very good eggs and are being loaned a nice saddle bp. we have an ally breeding the first batch, and another breeding their own. hopefully the next batch of even better eggs will be ready this weekend, but now with no breeding included in evo things will take even longer, probably put us out at least another week from the anticipated fight date, probably longer. i will be loading up a fresh vanilla unofficial in the next few days, spawn in theriz as close a match as possible to the ones we will have, and practice, record, review.....etc. we will start at gamma and go from there...:)

we will see if the theriz vs dragon on official is a viable solution...eventually lol

• Volunteer Moderator
24 minutes ago, Cinnamongod said:

We were being attacked immediately upon spawn and 2 of the 3 players died instantly to the Dragons attack.

we had almost the exact same thing happen against beta quite recently, same amount of players dead before the rex could even be moved outta their tangle. we did manage to get maybe 20% of its health down, but had zero chance of killing it. full wipe....19 quality rex, 100+ saddles and the yuty+ saddle. 7 riders.

may thine ticklechicken avenge theexD

12 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

we had almost the exact same thing happen against beta quite recently, same amount of players dead before the rex could even be moved outta their tangle. we did manage to get maybe 20% of its health down, but had zero chance of killing it. full wipe....19 quality rex, 100+ saddles and the yuty+ saddle. 7 riders.

may thine ticklechicken avenge theexD

Do you have any pull with the devs? Element and tek is a really fun part of the game for a lot of us, and I have no desire to play on dedicated servers just so I can get tek tier. We just did not have the resources to fight the dragon before they buffed it again on the new cluster... just barely managed to get hard Manticore completed.

29 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

thanks to some awesome legacy traders we have found some very good eggs and are being loaned a nice saddle bp. we have an ally breeding the first batch, and another breeding their own. hopefully the next batch of even better eggs will be ready this weekend, but now with no breeding included in evo things will take even longer, probably put us out at least another week from the anticipated fight date, probably longer. i will be loading up a fresh vanilla unofficial in the next few days, spawn in theriz as close a match as possible to the ones we will have, and practice, record, review.....etc. we will start at gamma and go from there...:)

we will see if the theriz vs dragon on official is a viable solution...eventually lol

This is what a few folks have done already with the tickle-chickens. The boss was beaten successfully this way by different groups using vanilla settings on unofficial servers, so it's more than possible this way. Theris being easier to get situated goes a long way in the early stages of the fight. Despite this, there are still many asserting that it's impossible until someone does it on official. I'm only telling you this to prepare you for the incredulity you'll run into if you tell folks it's possible after doing a vanilla unofficial test.

Although I secretly hope that just saying this will end up being reverse psychology.

42 minutes ago, Cinnamongod said:

You are a buzz kill. :( 

I am on Official Legacy and just recently lost everything in Gamma Dragon within 2 mins. We were being attacked immediately upon spawn and 2 of the 3 players died instantly to the Dragons attack. I almost made it to the Dragon but after my armor broke to a close Dragon attack I was taken out by a Dimorph. And just like that 19 Rex's and 1 Yuty with all their saddles gone even though not a single one of them died. The players dying and losing all of their stuff is bad enough but to lose all of your Dino's because no one is left in the arena really sucks. I feel in this case the Dino's should have been just immediately teleported out to the Obi.  

I spoke out hard against this buff, but I have zero pull. If I did we would have fast quetzals and doable bosses.

3 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

This is what a few folks have done already with the tickle-chickens. The boss was beaten successfully this way by different groups using vanilla settings on unofficial servers, so it's more than possible this way. Theris being easier to get situated goes a long way in the early stages of the fight. Despite this, there are still many asserting that it's impossible until someone does it on official. I'm only telling you this to prepare you for the incredulity you'll run into if you tell folks it's possible after doing a vanilla unofficial test.

Oh, Lou. You did not read my post.

I didn't say it couldn't be done... I said it hasn't been done on official severs yet... only been done on servers where admins spawn in dinos and immediately give them max levels. Almost 2 months and no one on official servers can beat the boss on easy mode any more thanks to the buff. It is way too hard now.

14 minutes ago, NathanAndDaddy said:

Oh, Lou. You did not read my post.

I didn't say it couldn't be done... I said it hasn't been done on official severs yet... only been done on servers where admins spawn in dinos and immediately give them max levels. Almost 2 months and no one on official servers can beat the boss on easy mode any more thanks to the buff. It is way too hard now.

You're correct. I didn't read your post, nor did I address you directly or indirectly in mine.

Archived