Duping has ruined official pvp servers!

myksta0121

1 hour ago, Mjsechrest said:

So you think millions of c4 , millions of cluster grenades, and hundreds of thousands of tek behemoths are just going to dissapear? There are servers literally covered to the brim in tek behemoths placed everywhere during the mega tribe wars. Sorry to disagree but I don't think it will simply fade away. The dinosaurs maybe , but the loot isn't going to just fade away naturally. There's too much of it to go around and it will only trade hands. I can't imagine a raider finding a box full of ascendant fab snipers and just throwing them out 

They've wiped all rockets before without wiping the servers. Not sure why this issue hasn't been addressed in a similar fashion. Wiping all c4, rockets, grenades - and moving on with their lives. As someone else stated; if a mega tribe wants to raid a normal tribe or solo player as most of us are one of the two, they will. With or without their duped items. 

• Replies 283
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, lvirusl said:

If you believe that the alpha tribes will not own each cluster you haven't played ark long enough. They would love that as it makes server defense that much easier. And then there would be no mega to come in and topple them. Once you get your alpha you are stuck with them. Hope you find a good one...

Lol yes, I know they would, and I'm okay with that. The game was more fun before transfers, when there were just alphas to deal with. There are always going to be issues because of the nature of the game, but I'd prefer a scenario in which you can at least get away from the people that want to kill you. 

4 hours ago, FrodoBaggins said:

They've wiped all rockets before without wiping the servers. Not sure why this issue hasn't been addressed in a similar fashion. Wiping all c4, rockets, grenades - and moving on with their lives. As someone else stated; if a mega tribe wants to raid a normal tribe or solo player as most of us are one of the two, they will. With or without their duped items. 

I only used rockets as an example and the duping doesn't stop at weaponry. I have thousands of duped titanboa and mantis kibble. So I guess let's just wipe everything in everyone's vaults and boxes and wipe all the stuff off their dinosaurs etc but we can leave them with their tek bases that would realistically take YEARS to build. Duping has invaded every single aspect of this game and its consequences are far and wide. Duped Dinos , duped kibble , tools ,prefab structures like vaults and tek replicators , duped weapons and armor, etc etc etc. at that point you might as well wipe the entire server list. That's like making guns illegal to buy but there is 100 million still on the streets. Completely doesn't work and none of these things will change if they don't fix the duping anyways which they have basically said they don't care to and don't have time. GG wildcard. Just watching this game collapse under its over ambition 

19 minutes ago, Mjsechrest said:

I only used rockets as an example and the duping doesn't stop at weaponry. I have thousands of duped titanboa and mantis kibble. So I guess let's just wipe everything in everyone's vaults and boxes and wipe all the stuff off their dinosaurs etc but we can leave them with their tek bases that would realistically take YEARS to build. Duping has invaded every single aspect of this game and its consequences are far and wide. Duped Dinos , duped kibble , tools ,prefab structures like vaults and tek replicators , duped weapons and armor, etc etc etc. at that point you might as well wipe the entire server list. That's like making guns illegal to buy but there is 100 million still on the streets. Completely doesn't work and none of these things will change if they don't fix the duping anyways which they have basically said they don't care to and don't have time. GG wildcard. Just watching this game collapse under its over ambition 

Wildcard and it's goooood decisions after even bettteeerrr decisions. They have quite an heavy history of that for a so short lived studio...

This thread should be 100 pages long and there should be posts non stop. This is the single most important thing to look into right now and they put their heads into the sand and ignore it. Even if they would just announce to foundation wipe every duper it would already stop a lot  of people from doing it. But they dont care at all.

Uploading stuff HAS TO be disabled till they have a solution to stop the duping. You can only transfer a character with an empty inventory.

6 hours ago, Jabroni said:

This thread should be 100 pages long and there should be posts non stop. This is the single most important thing to look into right now and they put their heads into the sand and ignore it. Even if they would just announce to foundation wipe every duper it would already stop a lot  of people from doing it. But they dont care at all.

Uploading stuff HAS TO be disabled till they have a solution to stop the duping. You can only transfer a character with an empty inventory.

1) Foundation wiping dupers would not work as most people are smart enough to use alt steam accounts to dupe with.

2) I really like the idea of disabling transfer of character with empty inventory as that would make cross-server raiding harder.

3) Disabling uploads/transffering characters with items would prevent 95% of the dupes I am aware of, although there are probably more out there....

56 minutes ago, StrangerDanger42 said:

1) Foundation wiping dupers would not work as most people are smart enough to use alt steam accounts to dupe with.

Maybe on PC bro. The xbox Players are complete *****. They make YouTube Videos and Clips about all their duped stuff. Our "Megatribes" Show each others dupe settups in Videos with the Server number. In all Videos you can see complete Tek-Behemoth Fobs and every single Person having Asc. Snipes. They laugh about the devs and think they wont do anything anyway. (which seems to be true) In the Videos you always see the gamertags of the People (no 123s) and their Server numbers are well known. Stop duping from being possible and going after at least the most obvious People would be a good start in my opinion.

I just made a screenshot a few minutes ago from a xbox Player that made a Clip about his duped stuff. The screenshot shows his and a tribemates gamertag, their tribename and a lot of duped Tek stuff. I also know their servernumber.

Do you think it would be worth it to report it or would I just waste my time? If so how and where should I Report it?

See I have reported stuff with video such as you speak of and have gotten really fast response where the issue was taken care of ( although they will never tell you what happened or what the resolution was.  However easy enough to see what happened when the character and base is gone and then a day later they are back again at lvl 1).

I have also gotten slow response leading to little or no action taken.  I really think they look at the severity of the offense and decide if the infraction is worth their time since this is still technically alpha...

@Edit:  What I am getting at is I would definatelly report any evidence regardless of whether they get to the issue or not you did everything in Your Power, but i believe in doing whats right...

• Volunteer Moderator
14 minutes ago, Jabroni said:

Maybe on PC bro. The xbox Players are complete *****. They make YouTube Videos and Clips about all their duped stuff. Our "Megatribes" Show each others dupe settups in Videos with the Server number. In all Videos you can see complete Tek-Behemoth Fobs and every single Person having Asc. Snipes. They laugh about the devs and think they wont do anything anyway. (which seems to be true) In the Videos you always see the gamertags of the People (no 123s) and their Server numbers are well known. Stop duping from being possible and going after at least the most obvious People would be a good start in my opinion.

I just made a screenshot a few minutes ago from a xbox Player that made a Clip about his duped stuff. The screenshot shows his and a tribemates gamertag, their tribename and a lot of duped Tek stuff. I also know their servernumber.

Do you think it would be worth it to report it or would I just waste my time? If so how and where should I Report it?

You can report them here with all the evidence you collected:

https://support.survivetheark.com/hc/en-us

8 minutes ago, StrangerDanger42 said:

See I have reported stuff with video such as you speak of and have gotten really fast response where the issue was taken care of ( although they will never tell you what happened or what the resolution was.  However easy enough to see what happened when the character and base is gone and then a day later they are back again at lvl 1).

This gives me a little bit of hope. Thank you.

I made a full Report with gamertags, tribe/player names and Server number. All of it in one picture of a vault that has 900 tek walls and more inside. I hope that will be enough.

1 minute ago, Jabroni said:

This gives me a little bit of hope. Thank you.

I made a full Report with gamertags, tribe/player names and Server number. All of it in one picture of a vault that has 900 tek walls and more inside. I hope that will be enough.

Just so you know they want concrete evidence, such as if you know where their "tactics" used for the exploit are located, or if they are using another method video of where and how. Or possibly them admitting it in chat ( with screen shots -- although this is circumstantial).  I do not know if the vaults will be enough is what i am getting at unless maybe devs get involved and look up stuff in the db, but you can always hope...

I just got access to leaked messages on PSN which reveal that big tribes are now duping Tek, armor, weapons and explosives in bulks before WildCard fix/take action. They're all in a rush to fill vaults upon vaults full of duped items and structures, deep in caves on certain servers. 

This is really disgusting.

I was AGAINST the idea of server wipes because me and 2 friends have spent 5+ months on our base on official PvP, and it's still standing, and we've played legit since the beginning so it would make me quit knowing I'd have to go through all of that again, but now I'm actually swaying to the other side and think that IF WildCard actually fix duping once and for all, maybe server wipes are necessary. Unless they individually hunt for all duped items, but who knows.

4 minutes ago, Crows said:

WOW That's disgusting. Dude, I just got shown loads of screens on PS4 too from big tribes on official duping...

I'm not gonna name any names lol, but I've seen evidence of a bunch of different ones doing it, including one that we may or may not be at war with. One of their members also may or may not have tried to threaten me by saying he has 70 personal gigas. Wonder where those came from 

3 minutes ago, Harrist14 said:

I'm not gonna name any names lol, but I've seen evidence of a bunch of different ones doing it, including one that we may or may not be at war with. One of their members also may or may not have tried to threaten me by saying he has 70 personal gigas. Wonder where those came from 

I'm glad you're exposing them anyway. 

The way I see it now is if WildCard don't seriously put their foot down and end duping once and for all, this game won't last another month and everybody will quit and go to Conan or something.. :/

2 minutes ago, Crows said:

I'm glad you're exposing them anyway. 

The way I see it now is if WildCard don't seriously put their foot down and end duping once and for all, this game won't last another month and everybody will quit and go to Conan or something.. 

For the record, not my video, but yeah, screw those guys. 

1 minute ago, StrangerDanger42 said:

This is the reason some of us are asking for a wipe.  I intentionally did niot post the duping machine, but yea this is rampant now that people know about it.  Problem is that the machine is not the only method....

There are tons of ways of doing it, I assume that's why it's been difficult for wildcard to fix, I would think they'd have to change something about the uploading system 

Archived