State of the ARK - Updates

Jatheish

15 minutes ago, Dashie said:

What about the player dedicated servers crashing at "VolcanoEntrance", It's still not fixed and WC seem to not be noticing?

While not fixed, believe me when I say that they notice it.  I bug @Jat about it every chance I get.  LOL

I still think that dedicated servers are the long tail for this game and it's future.  They can only spend so much on more official servers and the folks to maintain them, but they get people to give their own time and money to set up a dedicated server that can meet the needs and interests of more people.  While there are some that are pretty bad and don't have good admins to support them I know of plenty that have GREAT folks who have a love for playing Ark and playing in a good community of players.  Heck even helping to support dedicated servers will help alleviate the pressure on officials as I'd (and probably many others would) very likely set up my own server or play on a server if I know that the dedicated server crashes and server world save corruption issues were better solved.

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, ConvexTundra962 said:

yeah my server kept crashing as well and I had to wipe it.

getting tired of everyone on my server having to start over every 3-4 weeks. ive already had 2 of the last 4 updates corrupt my dedi save and it didnt corrupt on this last one but it crashes every 20  mins so its till not playable

I just wanna start by saying that I appreciate the work you guys do, and I enjoy this game a lot, but I have to admit I'm disappointed, not simply for the fact that there's a delay, but because it's a 2 week delay that we weren't made aware of until the day of the supposed release. I feel that if an extra 2 weeks is needed, the team was probably well aware it wouldn't be going up today, so I think everyone would have appreciated more of a heads up, even a day sooner would have made a difference in my opinion. I still intend to play and I'm still excited. I acknowledge your job isn't easy (and that the DLC is free, and much appreciated) so thanks for that, Ark is one of my favorite games.

1 hour ago, Kingfire said:

Need fix for logging in to official servers if you crashed in a cave we can't get out because we can't get in 

We had this problem too. My tribemate could see our unconscious bodies at the cave entrance from a distance so we had him snipe them with a longneck. Then we were able to log back in to the server.

I knew a bunch of tight wads would be posting here. :P

Thanks for this thread though Jat. A lot of players who mingle here in the forums wanted communications like this soooo badly. Glad to see for this instance we got some more details and communications on the forward progress. Hopefully more will happen as we head to release!

Unlike most here, I have patience. I can put ARK down for a month or two until it's at a stable state (though really the unstable-ness people are mentioning is still overblown. I'm not having issues at all with my server >> )

Welcome back from your holidays @Jat 
I hope you had a good time!

Sorry to see the delays and for some people that can be really frustrating, but people have to know the game is still in development.
I just enjoy what is already there and just patiently wait for the next updates so I can enjoy the game (most of the time) even better and with more new stuff.
I love it that you all work so hard and bring us the fixes/new stuff etc!
So keep it going!

I would love to get some patchnotes on the next update V261 so I know what to expect and if I need to make preparations for recordings.
Like with the old/new sabertooth comparison.

If we could store our dinos in a "vault", "Dino Bank",  when not in use that would save the amount of mesh/pixels that needed to be rendered.  Also, while I'm on here, can I please request that you all release a hard copy sticker book so that when I tame a certain dino, I could add it to my book?  Thanks! :) Ark Sticker Book!!!! I'd buy it!

• Jatheish unpinned and unfeatured this topic

Archived