Reduced base damage of wild and tamed Gigas.

Sphere

38 minutes ago, TheHarbinger1911 said:

1) that nerf affect more tamed gigs than imprinted ones

Fair point.

2) what is the point of 8x dmg if gain is lower(0,85% vs 1,7%)

Not such a fair point. Even if you dumped every domestic point into the Rex's melee the Giga would still end up waaaaay higher. And you likely aren't going to dump every point into the Rex's melee. By the time that you split your Rex's leveling between health and melee his melee gain ends up being about the same as the Giga. A Rex is doing good just to hit the Giga's base damage.

3) how many times u tamed gigs with 40+ points in melee post tame? 4) gigs spawn timer on island is 24 hours compared to 45 seconds on other creatures (except titan). how many months u will need to not miss every single spawn cicle to have a chance for decent one?

Well I mean you're using the most extreme base stats for other dinosaurs such as Rexes and Brontos for comparison, so I don't think that using a 40+ melee Giga for comparison would be so unreasonable. But even if you can't find that, an imprinted Giga with a more moderate melee roll will still blow away pretty much anything that's not a Giga.

5) i'm pretty sure u will change ur mind when someone will come and starting swarm u with 100k hp bronts and stomp ur server with tamed titans.

Titanosaurs were added as an answer to Gigas, not the other way around.

No comment on the balancing of Brontos, but by the time that someone is coming at me with a swarm of 100k hp brontos I think that this whole topic is moot.

Anyway, I can see that you don't like talking about this so I'll leave you alone about it. Have a nice day.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, 10,000 Jelly Doughnuts said:

Gigas are still the big bad creature in everyone's eyes. Imagine all the noobs I have to explain to that giga are mediocre at best. Trying to convince a tribemate that nearly anything else would be a better tame for usefulness. Got my first giga, so underwhelming. People still think they are the best creatures, which is really far from the truth. IN a raid, it typically goes like this in order of targeting tames. Giga > tek > wyvern > everything else. Giga are not good anymore people!. 

this is rediculous. 36k health and 400+ melee gigas are the games #1 meat farmer, and the only dino that can kill wild titans/gigas without cheesing them in literally seconds.

"gigas not good anymore" <--- no. even with the 20.05% nerf, it wont change how they are used for top end ones.

edit: I suspect anyone holding this opinion has not and does not own a bred 100% imprint high armor giga in the 36k/400+ range. If you did, there's no logic that could be used to support the quoted statement.

I remember back in the day, just after gigas got released, looking for one of them without knowing their strength. I expected the Rex/Gigas strength relationship to be similar to that of the old Megalodon/Mosa strength difference. Obvs I got ruined by the creature for my foolish assumption. Since then, Gigas have split the community to the point where buffing and nerfing it every few updates won't totally solve the issues, as it gets tangled up in its own meta. Perhaps a total rework is due? I get the Giga was meant to be something different at the time, rather than say, a stronger version of the Rex; the rage metre, the massive damage, and the quickly depleting stamina bar. But now creatures rarely have such intentional inhibitors, and rather they have strengths that surpass simple brute force. So, to me, the Giga's getting old and tired, and is representative of how the game was: click and kill. No wall climbing, no picking creatures up in jaws, no bees, no knocking other players off mounts, no air sacs, no aoe healing, no buff and debuff roars, no pack buffs, no underground traps, no sleeping mechanics, no fire breathing (other than the Dragon, which I don't believe you could summon at the time), nor even electric, ice, and poison breath, no storing water in humps, no hypo/hyperthermic buffs in the nearby radius. Look how far the game has come since then! The Giga needs to step forward with it all, I think

6 hours ago, Zed38 said:

no. even with the 20.05% nerf

But nerf is not 20.05%... When you do the comparison you compare new value to the old one, not the other way around as you did.

400/480=0.83(3), so base melee of tamed gigas was decreased by 16.6(6)%

Anyway,

a 1000% melee Rex will do 620 damage to wild dinos. But such a rex will lack in other stats.

a 500% melee Giga will do 2000 damage to wild dinos and it can damage stone stuff.

So gigas are still good.

3 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

But nerf is not 20.05%... When you do the comparison you compare new value to the old one, not the other way around as you did.

Anyway,

a 1000% melee Rex will do 620 damage to wild dinos. But such a rex will lack in other stats.

a 500% melee Giga will do 2000 damage to wild dinos and it can damage stone stuff.

So gigas are still good.

uh.... 

prenerf dummy dmg 1 hit 1233

postnerf dummy dmg 1 hit 1027

wuts that?

5 minutes ago, Zed38 said:

uh.... 

prenerf dummy dmg 1 hit 1233

postnerf dummy dmg 1 hit 1027

wuts that?

Base (aka 100%) is 1233, and it has become 1027.

New value relates to base value as 1027/1233=0.8329 or 83.29%. The change is 100% - 83.29% = 16.71%. Same thing with the exception that game rounds damage% values and displayed number resulting in small deviations.

Bout god damn time they nerfed the Wild Giga.

That +450 dmg per hit + Gnash, 88,000 HP with the ability to regenerate 12,500 HP when it eats any corpse, can outrun every flying mount (now) and almost every land mount bar the Bear and Wooly Rhino (Gallis turn radius can get it caught) and drops....berries and primitive pickaxes on death.

To hell with that thing. 

• 2 weeks later...

ALL WILD dino's have armor(some more than others).

The damage listed from a Target Dummy is the damage done to a thatch structure(+bonus damage).

Saddle armor reduces Bleed/Gnash damage, it does not reduce dot damage from fire though.

As many have already said; a Giga will still out damage a rex assuming a level playing field(both imprinted or vanilla etc) simply because of the base damage, 60 vs 400. You would need a 666.6% melee  damage Rex to do the same amount of damage as a 100% melee giga(on paper; as explained by my armor comment above).

Jat has already said the Giga was a mistake; I abandoned any hope of it being as crazy powerful as it was when i read that tweet.

On 6/23/2017 at 4:37 AM, DarthaNyan said:

Anyway,

So gigas are still good.

Bred ones have that melee and better,  plus 40k to 50k health at least.. these best rex exist... (you can endlessly stack mutations)..

6 minutes ago, OGCookies said:

There is no limit to how much things get exagerated in this forum 

giga gets nerfed now useless? Not even close

small bug pops up after update game is unplayable? No its very playable and 90% of the time the people posting the the game is broken are playing ark while posting

#StopExageration

Ark is pretty broken on Xbox tbf, I can't leave/enter/ move in my base without dc ing at least once(once for ever action) since the last patch

6 minutes ago, Flaminraptors said:

Ark is pretty broken on Xbox tbf, I can't leave/enter/ move in my base without dc ing at least once(once for ever action) since the last patch

Only time i dc is when i leave my base then when i come back as all my dinos render in it boots me i statt game back up in 30 seconds good to go hardly broken alsp try playing scorched instead runs much smoother havnt been kicked yet

until they fix bug

On 22 June 2017 at 1:51 PM, TheHarbinger1911 said:

we talking about allready multiple times nerfed ones. so! in ur opinion 60k hp rexes/paracers,100k hp bronts with 4 days breeding time are totaly ok whille 35k hp at max gigs with 11,6 days breeding time are totaly omg super mega puper OP?

On 23 June 2017 at 1:37 AM, TheHarbinger1911 said:

listen! 1) that nerf affect more tamed gigs than imprinted ones 2) what is the point of 8x dmg if gain is lower(0,85% vs 1,7%) than on any other creature and lvl distribution on gigs its complete mess? 3) how many times u tamed gigs with 40+ points in melee post tame? 4) gigs spawn timer on island is 24 hours compared to 45 seconds on other creatures (except titan). how many months u will need to not miss every single spawn cicle to have a chance for decent one? 5) i'm pretty sure u will change ur mind when someone will come and starting swarm u with 100k hp bronts and stomp ur server with tamed titans.

This guy plays PVE, solo or unofficial, please ignore.

And if I get swarms with 100k Hp Brontos. I'll be thankful I have bred high melee gigas to eat them. Plus what have a swarm of high hp Brontos got to do with a Titan?

Just wyvern the Titan and kill it whilst their trying to ko it and your mate is eating their Brontos.

3 hours ago, Crows said:

A LOT of concerns about the giga nerfs are mainly coming from a PvE perspective in this topic.

In PvP, trust me - they are absolutely overpowered. I can post videos proving this if you don't understand why.

there are 100+ methods to kill gigs. they are op against noobs with stone bases without any adequate form of defense. if gig is without rider does not matter how much base dmg,how much melee and what saddle armor. less than 100 metall arrows from 200ish dmg comp bow is capable to kill any gig. in current state of PVP gigs are pretty useless in online PVP. they die super fast. a pack of of rexes+yuty can be way more efficiently in the real online pvp fights.

1 hour ago, TheHarbinger1911 said:

there are 100+ methods to kill gigs.

Starting naming 100 methods then.

they are op against noobs with stone bases without any adequate form of defense.

You clearly have no experience with official PvP servers then, and especially no experience going against decent tribes who have mutated gigas level 300+ and can even soak turret towers to breech into strong bases.

in current state of PVP gigs are pretty useless in online PVP. they die super fast.

Crap gigas (tamed) ridden by inexperienced players? yeah.

On 7/4/2017 at 0:53 AM, Crows said:

Starting naming 100 methods then.

You clearly have no experience with official PvP servers then, and especially no experience going against decent tribes who have mutated gigas level 300+ and can even soak turret towers to breech into strong bases.

Crap gigas (tamed) ridden by inexperienced players? yeah.

lol! i have ~15 gigs with 100% imprint under my name on official. weakest one come with 240% base melee (304% alfter imprint) and strongest ones with 270% base (340% post imprint). i know how fast they die from my own experience. i watched cave meat runs. i saw how they get mass murdered. i lost ~40 gigs in one night to a griefing squad of 2 guys on foot. 4 of them was 100% imprints. all with 100+ armor saddles on. sniping off the rider from a gig its not an super hard task. carnivores are very weak against fire arrows/flame throwers and especialy against oil jars. u can easyly get ko from gig with poison nades. just watch some youtube and u will understand how wrong are u.

13 hours ago, TheHarbinger1911 said:

lol! i have ~15 gigs with 100% imprint under my name on official. weakest one come with 240% base melee (304% alfter imprint) and strongest ones with 270% base (340% post imprint). i know how fast they die from my own experience. i watched cave meat runs. i saw how they get mass murdered. i lost ~40 gigs in one night to a griefing squad of 2 guys on foot. 4 of them was 100% imprints. all with 100+ armor saddles on. sniping off the rider from a gig its not an super hard task. carnivores are very weak against fire arrows/flame throwers and especialy against oil jars. u can easyly get ko from gig with poison nades. just watch some youtube and u will understand how wrong are u.

You lost 40 gigas to 2 guys on foot lol.

From the other side of the coin I just put over 10k turret ammo into a lvl 230 bred gigs with a good saddle, wasn't even bloody.........

Sniping a rider off most tames is easy, but having been on both sides of raids using Gigas, tames are a bit lacking, but bred gigas are op.

Eat plant x, drain some ammo, clear the area around you of animals and feed him back up to full. A defended FOB and 2 gigas can take most mid tier metal bases. Plus everyone loves stone gates for some reason.

Archived