This is what Wildcard thinks of your disapproval of them ruining your flyers.

AndrewLB

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Polls mean jack, many of us that actually enjoy ark don't have time for forum and poll bs because we are busy adapting, evolving, surviving,  and generally finding new ways to have fun in ark other than qq'ing in the forums all the time because things got harder. 

That's true, I have mostly just been playing the game, and trying to avoid the poopstorm in a teacup

18 minutes ago, Jat said:

The follow up was made within seconds of the actual one :) I'll always make jokes to lighten the mood about something, perhaps people think I'm an arsehole for doing so, that's fair, but there's no malice. Nor would I do something to cover up a poopstorm, I tweeted something when the PC Patch was deploying, albeit I think it was of higher quality (didn't want to re-use the same material though). Maybe you won't find my joke funny either, but I know quite a lot got a chuckle out of it. 

(P.S here's the other one:

)

Jat, You are so MEAN!!! storms off, but to go eat some of OP's French Cries!

17 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

There are no difficult tames. we have community forges. In fact I by myself built a 3 ceiling wide all metal bridge to carno island for EVERYONE on the server to use now that Leeds are killing any raft that attempts the crossing. The flyer nerf has killed much of the community since nobody wants to spend 20 minutes crossing the map because by the time you get there bob and all his dodos will already be dead.

Soooo... you're not playing on an official server.  Which means you're either playing on a private unofficial server which has any number of mods available which do their own thing with flier speeds, or you are on single player.

You've been trying pretty hard to whip folks up, by taking tweets out of context, deliberately misconstruing direct statements, and exaggerating easily checkable facts.  Perhaps you should stop and realize that all you are accomplishing with this behavior is undermining the validity of your own opinion.

5 minutes ago, Jat said:

The follow up was made within seconds of the actual one :) I'll always make jokes to lighten the mood about something, perhaps people think I'm an arsehole for doing so, that's fair, but there's no malice. Nor would I do something to cover up a poopstorm, I tweeted something when the PC Patch was deploying, albeit I think it was of higher quality (didn't want to re-use the same material though). Maybe you won't find my joke funny either, but I know quite a lot got a chuckle out of it. 

(P.S here's the other one:

)

Jat, there is a little something you need to learn and apply to future customer relations considering you're the most outspoken person at Wildcard. When you make the decision to basically take hundreds, if not thousands of hours of work by those of us who tame, breed, imprint, etc and throw it in the trash like this flyer nerf has done, its not good form to make comments like you did on twitter. I must have tamed 300 argys over the past year in order to breed the line of birds I have and its highly insulting to even hear one of the developers laugh about it calling them base decorations, because in all honesty, that's what they are now. 

I've been curious to know why you guys always choose to nerf things in order to solve a problem you seem to think exists? You can achieve the exact same result but without the sh*t storm if you were to buff aspects to make dinos less effective. A common problem being pteras and wyverns were too fast and not targetable by auto-turrets and so forth and so on. Did it ever occur that instead of killing their speed, perhaps make the auto-turrets have a faster reaction time, movement speed, or firing rate? 

And lastly, you've got a big update coming in a couple days and Wildcard has a horrible record of meeting those ETA considering one of the only ones ever met was the release of Scorched Earth. That being the case, you can save yourself a lot of salt on the forums by spending 30 seconds to type up an explanation as to why it was delayed. Just bore us with some tech jargon so nobody can complain about it. And do it ahead of time. That way anyone who complains will look like an ass. You did it once back in December iirc, and it worked. It sure beats missing the ETA and staying silent for 3 days like has happened many times in the past. 

4 minutes ago, ranger1presents said:

Soooo... you're not playing on an official server.  Which means you're either playing on a private unofficial server which has any number of mods available which do their own thing with flier speeds, or you are on single player.

You've been trying pretty hard to whip folks up, by taking tweets out of context, deliberately misconstruing direct statements, and exaggerating easily checkable facts.  Perhaps you should stop and realize that all you are accomplishing with this behavior is undermining the validity of your own opinion.

I'm playing on an official server bro. Everything you just said is meaningless since you made assumptions in order to sh*t talk.

15 minutes ago, Rickyh24 said:

Are there people in the customer base that are not for the nerf? It's a joke targeting them. It's not a good look and it was admitted by the person who tweeted it. No need to defend everything they do when even they admit it was not the best move. 

No, it is ALWAYS worth taking a moment to melt a snowflake... in the end you're doing not only them but everyone else a favor.  B|

21 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

So why are you in a rush to do everything now?  Especially in a pve environment, why not just relax and enjoy the game and all its aspects, sausage around even.. I don't get why pvers are so upset over this nerf, you don't have the threat of invasion other than the occasional troll dragging things to your base (they really should just remove titan/giga/golem from pve imo)..

Because we were making progress before. Having fun. Now its just a commute everywhere. I already have a job thank you very much. And that job pays. This commuting everywhere in game? Doesnt. And I mean that in multiple aspects.

How can I relax and enjoy the game if I have to sit and hold down the movement key for 20 minutes just to get to one point in my route? That's not fun. It's repetitive and unengaging. This coming from a gamer that stops to check out every tiny detail in a game who has actually stopped doing that and wants to actually make progress because othwrwise it takes too long....

50 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

There are many who like the nerf, so blanket statements such as these hold little weight other than to fuel the vocal minority that whine about everything that goes against how they play..

There are many who don't like the nerf, so blanket statements such as yours hold little weight other than to fuel the vocal minority that whined about ''over powered'' Pteras while the birds were the ''Evolved'' part of the game. 

44 minutes ago, jlhanna2 said:

Officials are dead and will be obsolete if they do not make changes like this (and others.....i.e. tweak server transfers).

I wonder how many officials died because of this change tho. Some will say it's nothing significant, but I doubt it. 

39 minutes ago, GP said:

Polls can easily be abused. Hell I saw one a few weeks ago for this flyer nerf and all you had to do was vote, refresh and vote again and it still counted it.

I agree but polls go both way. Usually you have at least two options, and both can be equally abused. Unless you offer the poll to only one group of people, knowing that group will chose only one of the two options. 

16 minutes ago, Stupiditykills said:

We have a pretty big trade of mutated dinos going now. I'm by Blue, my main trade partners are south of green.

What part of spending the majority of my time travelling is supposed to be fun? Why wouldn't PvE players be upset about the drastic increase in time to do everything? 

My big question that nobody answers is: what does this change add to the game?

Nothing is the answer that I come up with. They just took away one aspect of the game that many people enjoyed. I wasn't forced to only use flyers before, and the land dinos are just as problematic now as before.

So your argument is purely about time? And mutated transport? Eggs or actual raised tames? How are land tames problematic? I play pvp official (north of blue ob in giga spawn area, those poopers spawn in my base ???. I have zero problems even running my allo pack, I run my theri to the swamp for shrooms and x seeds and make it into a meat run and possibly tame a shoulder pet,  all while having to be careful of other potential enemies or gigas, bears can make quick trips across map and so can thylos.. I don't see the problem,  especially when there are no potential threats from others. In pvp, speed is important because you want a lack of exposure, in pve, not only are there ways to travel quickly and easily post flyer nerf, but you have all the time you need..

• Administrator

I appreciate your feedback and certainly understand the time and effort that goes into playing our game, especially where you have to take care of many creatures, and when we make changes such as the recent flier balance change, they can have sweeping effects which sometimes do hit close to home.

I will like to say, in this case, I think you are being a little unfair with your honest statement about those being base decorations because, in all honesty, that isn't true. If you really think fliers serve no purpose but that, you surely have a lot to learn about the game - which is great because I think as you invest more time into it, you'll find some new enjoyable experiences, or perhaps I'm an arse for suggesting such a thing. They still have benefits and are definitely worth taming, they are just no longer the powerhouse which they once were. Going forward, it's possible that they could see more buffs to bring them up even more but to call them decorations in a serious way is a little silly, don't you think?:P

There are multiple reasons why the dinos received a rebalance, and we've been on this course for quite some time. It's been no secret we were planning to change fliers, we've indicated such as early as December 2016, and probably even before that to be honest. Sure there are other approaches we could have taken, but we thought that this would be the most effective way. We've explained our design choice and are happy to continue working on further iterations. You may not like it, and that's understandable, no one is perfect and everyone is going to have their own opinion (which isn't necessarily wrong, just different). Take for example when we add creatures into the game, or new items, or TEK tier. There are going to be players that prefer we take a different route, but at the end of the day we do have a vision for the game, albeit a very high-level one and we are working to achieve that, with the help of player feedback.

We've posted a pinned thread on the upcoming ETA, do you mean you would like us to expand on that even further than we have in that thread? Not sure if you've read it, but I'll link it nonetheless:

And as for this:

Jat, there is a little something you need to learn and apply to future customer relations considering you're the most outspoken person at Wildcard.

I appreciate your feedback, and I have certainly understood (and expected) the reactions that I received (a mixture of pleasant, and not so pleasant) but this is just how I am. I could be a machine and always say the thing that's least... controversial, or what players want to hear, but I also want to be real with my community and for them to know who I am.

I'm Jat, I live and breathe ARK, sometimes I can make arsehole jokes and I am occasionally mean to my co-workers, but I love them dearly.

If Wildcard did have an issue with it, they would let me know, and maybe they'll tell me today I was out of line, and perhaps I was but I believe that most people would see it as a joke, and have a sense of humour about the situation, perhaps not immediately, but shortly thereafter. Anyway, this probably has gone on a lot longer than necessary, but hopefully you've found this somewhat insightful, or y'know.. just rubbish!

6 minutes ago, LadyCreature said:

Because we were making progress before. Having fun. Now its just a commute everywhere. I already have a job thank you very much. And that job pays. This commuting everywhere in game? Doesnt. And I mean that in multiple aspects.

How can I relax and enjoy the game if I have to sit and hold down the movement key for 20 minutes just to get to one point in my route? That's not fun. It's repetitive and unengaging. This coming from a gamer that stops to check out every tiny detail in a game who has actually stopped doing that and wants to actually make progress because othwrwise it takes too long....

I get you, partially, I work a 50 hr week myself.. but ark has always been about the grind, so I plan accordingly.  And if you are always taking 20 mins to go here or there,  you should probably more your base.. this is problem I see, people want to make their base were they want it, tame whatever they want, spend as little time as they want, and still get the same thing from this game as anyone else.. doesn't work like that.. there are pros and cons to every decision. Flyers were nerfed because there were no cons to using them, that's bad balance. Don't like all the travelling,  relocate closer to were you travel most.. simple, game will only get harder for those stuck in there ways,  adapt and survive.

Archived