This is what Wildcard thinks of your disapproval of them ruining your flyers.

AndrewLB

Jatt_Is_a_Dick.thumb.jpg.deed5c6cb681c4f39a46c41967fd79db.jpg

We spend hundreds, if not thousands of hours taming, breeding, and imprinting our flyers only to have them ruined for BS reasons, and then Jat comes on twitter and says that. Sounds like an admission that flyers are ruined as intended, and any of those statements they made about buffing them in future updates.... well... clearly not gonna happen. It was just a lie to quell the outrage.

Jat response: 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not a surprise, but it is dissapointing. It's the same reason Clash of Clans died. They went from "play the game however you want" to "play the game The way we want you to."

There was nothing stopping anyone from taking a land dino out before, aside from lag, glitchy pathing and getting hung up on everything. All of those things are still an issue, and nerfing flyers doesn't fix the real issues. I'm basically playing a breeding simulator now where I only leave my base to go get meat on my rex. No trading, no rescuing noobs who lost their bird in the air and no searching for new tames.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

Just thought i'd help you out here. You forgot to include the follow up Tweet.

Yes it was a joke, was it a poor joke, well that is down to individual opinion and sense of humour.

The followup tweet is meaningless because it was clearly in response to a sh*t storm regarding the earlier comment. Its kind of like when someone makes a public apology saying "I'm sorry you were offended" which isn't an apology at all. The original comment is how he really felt, the second is damage control. 

7 minutes ago, Stupiditykills said:

There was nothing stopping anyone from taking a land dino out before, aside from lag, glitchy pathing and getting hung up on everything. All of those things are still an issue, and nerfing flyers doesn't fix the real issues. I'm basically playing a breeding simulator now where I only leave my base to go get meat on my rex. No trading, no rescuing noobs who lost their bird in the air and no searching for new tames.

Exactly. I used to help noobs all the time. I'd help them kill that pack of Therizinos destroying their base (strange since they're supposed to be a rare, solitary type creature), or a group of Troodons that KO them the second they go outdoors. Well.. not anymore. The sense of community on the official server i play on is pretty much gone now. Everyone keeps to themselves and noobs are laughed as they get flattened.

2 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

There are many who like the nerf, so blanket statements such as these hold little weight other than to fuel the vocal minority that whine about everything that goes against how they play..

There have been many online polls done regarding this nerf and upwards of 90% thoroughly despise it.

Just now, AndrewLB said:

There have been many online polls done regarding this nerf and upwards of 90% thoroughly despise it.

Polls mean jack, many of us that actually enjoy ark don't have time for forum and poll bs because we are busy adapting, evolving, surviving,  and generally finding new ways to have fun in ark other than qq'ing in the forums all the time because things got harder. 

I personally believe they will adjust the flyers at some point as they deem necessary.  Everyone is so "butt hurt" over this flyer nerf but it had to happen (just like other things) or the game would have truly died.  The nerf levels the playing field a bit in PVP and balances the emphasis of a ground game as well.

Officials are dead and will be obsolete if they do not make changes like this (and others.....i.e. tweak server transfers).

I too will have to adjust my gameplay, but it isn't going to drive me from the game when they make an actual change intended to improve the experience for the masses vs. worrying about how people will make OP metals runs using mechanics glitches.

Jat's tweet was likely intended to poke fun at a hostile situation.  Nothing more, nothing less.

2 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

There are many who like the nerf, so blanket statements such as these hold little weight other than to fuel the vocal minority that whine about everything that goes against how they play..

There was no reason to blanket nerf all fliers either. Main issue arose in PvP with the pteras. Should they have better thought it out, yes, bc quetzals and pteras are 2 different animals. Pteras should be fast with low attack, low hp. Argents should be a bit faster with higher hp, higher melee, quetzals should have a bit more speed than what they are now. The dossier says that they can maintain flight for long periods of time. As it is now, my quetzals can't make it off the volcano to the river without having to land. It's pathetic really....

5 minutes ago, Ep1cM0nk3y said:

Polls mean jack, many of us that actually enjoy ark don't have time for forum and poll bs because we are busy adapting, evolving, surviving,  and generally finding new ways to have fun in ark other than qq'ing in the forums all the time because things got harder. 

They give a far better indicator into what people think than any evidence you can provide. In fact, all three official servers im on, i have yet to hear a single person say this nerf was good. If supporters do actually exist, they must be spending all their time on the forums defending this bullsh*t.

/edit

And there is nothing harder about the game now that flyers are ruined. All its done is made every task far more time consuming and annoying. My allies and I have beat every boss at ever difficulty except for the dragon. which we will be beating on hard tomorrow. So dont try and lecture me on difficulty. You're probably still having a hard time taming a raptor.

I love and hate this game, but overall, a little tweak to my fliers won't stop me from building or playing the game the way I want. Wildcard has a vision, we all signed up for it, so let's give our 2 cents and move on. I'm not really effected by the update, just makes me try other Dino's out more, if something is close I'll grab a Wolf instead of a Argy. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, GP said:

Polls can easily be abused. Hell I saw one a few weeks ago for this flyer nerf and all you had to do was vote, refresh and vote again and it still counted it.

So you're saying most people support the nerf? How about a little evidence to back up that load of bull? Just look at Jat's twitter. its at least 20 to 1. 

5 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

They give a far better indicator into what people think than any evidence you can provide. In fact, all three official servers im on, i have yet to hear a single person say this nerf was good. If supporters do actually exist, they must be spending all their time on the forums defending this bullsh*t.

/edit

And there is nothing harder about the game now that flyers are ruined. All its done is made every task far more time consuming and annoying. My allies and I have beat every boss at ever difficulty except for the dragon. which we will be beating on hard tomorrow. So dont try and lecture me on difficulty. You're probably still having a hard time taming a raptor.

I'm not sure I understand the relevance of boss fights and the flyer nerf.  You can't use flyers in boss fights.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, AndrewLB said:

So you're saying most people support the nerf? How about a little evidence to back up that load of bull? Just look at Jat's twitter. its at least 20 to 1. 

No i'm saying polls can easily be abused. Try reading what I posted and not so much twisting it into what you want to see.

6 minutes ago, jlhanna2 said:

I personally believe they will adjust the flyers at some point as they deem necessary.  Everyone is so "butt hurt" over this flyer nerf but it had to happen (just like other things) or the game would have truly died.  The nerf levels the playing field a bit in PVP and balances the emphasis of a ground game as well.

Officials are dead and will be obsolete if they do not make changes like this (and others.....i.e. tweak server transfers).

I too will have to adjust my gameplay, but it isn't going to drive me from the game when they make an actual change intended to improve the experience for the masses vs. worrying about how people will make OP metals runs using mechanics glitches.

Jat's tweet was likely intended to poke fun at a hostile situation.  Nothing more, nothing less.

Exactly.. and all the butthurt is because of the very reason flyers were nerfed,  everyone used them for most everything and it was ridiculous. I remember when scorched first came out, it was awesome to see people run around on carno, raps, wolves, sabers, etc because argies didn't have kibble.. the game felt much more alive (including all the extra dangers). This nerf hopefully helps bring that feel back. And the game is still up for changes,  so all the rage and nonconstrictive criticism is incredibly unwarranted. Give good, knowledgeable feedback of why you don't like it, not "I can't fly as far now before landing,  qq, this is bs"...

Archived