Is fortitude even worth putting points in?

Cloud24

I still get hot..    i feel like it would be smarter to put all the fortitude points into health..  that way it will take you even longer for the weather to lower your health..

Im at 560 health and 20 fortitude..  should i just drop the fortitude?

P.s yes i know you can wake up faster but in pvp 95% of the time they are not gonna let you wake up

According to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/3zossq/data_temperature_insulation/

every 50 insulation extends burn/hot/cold/ice cube thresholds by 3C. The further you are from your "comfortable" temperature the harsher the effects (hp/food/water loss). That means that fortitude helps even within burn/ice cube effects (less hp drain).

3 hours ago, Cloud24 said:

I still get hot..    i feel like it would be smarter to put all the fortitude points into health..  that way it will take you even longer for the weather to lower your health..

Im at 560 health and 20 fortitude..  should i just drop the fortitude?

P.s yes i know you can wake up faster but in pvp 95% of the time they are not gonna let you wake up

Actually, a higher fort also gives you torp resistance, aka takes longer to KO. 

In PvP I'd level Fortitude to around 20-30. It doesn't help much against clubs, but then again nothing does really. Other tranq stuff becomes less dangerous, though, and you're less prone to taking damage from weather in the winter biome and such. In PvE, though, I level Fortitude to 50 and never worry about cold again until I go in the Snow Cave

I have 60 fortitude and in prim flak can take 2 shots before i knock out on the third from a 221 dmg club. Also fortitude speeds up how long your knocked out so i get about roughly 20 torpor a hit but it drains to 0 in about 5 seconds per hit rough estimates. Basicly my point is if you bob and weave a club and your armor doesnt break i kill trolls easy. But fortitude suffers yhe heavy penalty its expensive on lvls to tank those clubs. I do have a question though has anyone else with 30+ points in fort noticed your food/water go down extremely slow all the time. 100 mushrooms lasts me about 3 days of playing and i dont run out of water in my canteen between rainfalls.

9 minutes ago, icycold2367 said:

I have 60 fortitude and in prim flak can take 2 shots before i knock out on the third from a 221 dmg club. Also fortitude speeds up how long your knocked out so i get about roughly 20 torpor a hit but it drains to 0 in about 5 seconds per hit rough estimates. Basicly my point is if you bob and weave a club and your armor doesnt break i kill trolls easy. But fortitude suffers yhe heavy penalty its expensive on lvls to tank those clubs. I do have a question though has anyone else with 30+ points in fort noticed your food/water go down extremely slow all the time. 100 mushrooms lasts me about 3 days of playing and i dont run out of water in my canteen between rainfalls.

That's because your no longer as affected by environmental temperatures.   Cold weather, even snowflake, drains your food faster than normal.  Likewise warmer weather causes you to drink more often.  Being insulated against both ends of the spectrum reduces your periods of having higher consumption than normal meaning overall eating and drinking less often.

No its not worth it,  I'm 103 with 300 health and 0 fortitude I have had it for a while and can definitely say it's not worth it. 

In scorched you wear ghilie armour and even a primitive set will protect you from the heat,  the only time the weather will effect you is the stupid special weather conditions,  and they still effect you the same with 50 fortitude. 

In the snow wear fur even one Jm piece of fur will fully keep you warm with zero fortitude so you can still wear your asc flack for Good defence 

If you don't want to get KO d then wear one piece Mc riot it's easy to keep repaired and will protect from torpor way better than 50 fort.

The only time you will notice you have 0 fort is when you do finaly get knocked out it takes a little longer to get back up, minor. That is not worth the 20 or so levels that you need to put in Fort to see an effect. 

Instead get move speed to 140+ and melee too 250+ and Wear the correct armour, you will be much more survivable in harsh conditions. Plus saving them points let's you stack more weight and health.

For the Island and the Center it's worth it. And when you Especially when your armor happens to break during those long travel sessions to find far away resources when you don't want to load yourself down with multiple armor sets. But it is especially helpful early on.

I can see someone using a mindwipe tonic if they decide that they would rather have more stamina/health/speed and rely more on armor variety. Just be sure to have enough resources to repair regularly!

Fortitude is definitely worth it.

It helps against so much stuff in PvE and PvP.

You start losing HP later and you lose less HP in the cold or hot.

You lose less food and water when it's cold or hot.

You get less torpor from dinos/players/own actions.

But the stat is only worth it if you sink 20-50 points. I usually roll with 30. Enough for me, but wouldn't play with less. You just have to worry less about weather and torpor.

17 hours ago, Crows said:

in PvP, useless. Clubs are OP.

This part of his statement is complete garbage. I have 52 fortitude and even with someone who has 220 melee dmg it takes at least 3 back to back hits with ascendant club to knock me out. If I actually wear riot armor they can forget knocking me out with anything currently in game before I've killed them.

16 hours ago, overborg said:

Sadly I have to agree. Ive put about 10 pts into fortitude. still get one shotted at lvl 80+ while wearing full flak by trolls w clubs who are much lower level.

Thats because flak doesn't give torpor protection from clubs because clubs give direct torpor while something like a tranq dart is based off a % of dmg. So flak stops the dmg itself from the dart therefore nearly nullifying the torpor while clubs bypass all armor except Riot.

5 hours ago, Velarius said:

This part of his statement is complete garbage. I have 52 fortitude and even with someone who has 220 melee dmg it takes at least 3 back to back hits with ascendant club to knock me out. If I actually wear riot armor they can forget knocking me out with anything currently in game before I've killed them.

It's an outrageous exaggregation.

Not worth it.  Custom consumables heal you faster than cold/heat hurts you.  Armor is better at protecting you from torpor.

Fortitude USED to be necessary back before you could find upgraded ghillie or fur.  Back then you needed like 40 fort and full primitive fur to only be cold some of the time in the ice biome.  Same for ghillie in like the fire cave on Island.

40 points in fort is only about 80 insulation.  2 piece upgraded fur can give you over 400 insulation, plus about 20-30 from each piece of flak/riot you wear.  You'll only get cold in the deepest ice caves and even then just put on one more piece of fur.

On scorched, 3 piece ghillie can get you over 350 insulation.  Enough for anything but a midday heat wave.

Fortitude needs TLC.  It was a required stat before high quality fur/armor/riot was added.

57 minutes ago, Brayn said:

Not worth it.  Custom consumables heal you faster than cold/heat hurts you.  Armor is better at protecting you from torpor.

And thats the root of the problem: players choose to not use Fortitude and then complain that something is very efficient against them, labeling it OP and crying for nerfs (troodons, clubs).

On 4/23/2017 at 4:22 PM, DarthaNyan said:

According to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/playark/comments/3zossq/data_temperature_insulation/

every 50 insulation extends burn/hot/cold/ice cube thresholds by 3C. The further you are from your "comfortable" temperature the harsher the effects (hp/food/water loss). That means that fortitude helps even within burn/ice cube effects (less hp drain).

My fortitude is at 50 (or around there) and when I'm burning or freezing I don't even have HP loss anymore. I rarely wear ghillie or fur armor for temperature regulation anymore.

3 hours ago, DarthaNyan said:

And thats the root of the problem: players choose to not use Fortitude and then complain that something is very efficient against them, labeling it OP and crying for nerfs (troodons, clubs).

If you don't think clubs are OP then you don't pvp enough.  Easy fix, make fortitude actually give you more torpidity and make it so you don't get KO'd until you're full torpor like every other entity.  Fixes clubs, fixes troodons, fixes fortitude.

Fort needs a general buff anyhow.

Its not useless, but its not as useful as it really should be.

And once you start getting better Fur / Desert Cloth / Ghille Armor sets, Fort starts to lose out to more useful stats like Weight, Run Speed, Stam...

I was using 50 fort for along time, finally gave it up because against Clubs it hardly helped at all, Having more Stam and Health and Melee Damage worked out much better against Clubbers.   

Even with the 50 fort I felt like it didn't help at all against say Titanboa's in no-mount caves when they would manage to hit me.....from under the terrain or slither outta inside of walls....damn cave bugs.  

Against Clubs best thing I can recomment isn't high Fort,   its a food object made outta about 100 Stim berries or just pounding stims if you even think someone around you had a club.

Like a lot of others have said. It is great for if you are going to be going all over the map (and also to Scorched Earth). I think the most noticeable effect is the mitigation on how much food & water you will have to consume. In my opinion, it's one of those attributes that matter most on how much you are going to distribute your levels to it, and how much you're going to need it.

For example, if you live in the snow biome, or in Scorched Earth, underwater, etc. you should have a lot of fortitude so you can withstand the weather conditions well. This becomes apparent when you have crazy high fortitude and can withstand crazy weather and temperature etc.

But if you are based anywhere else or somewhere that has a normal temperature, I would suggest having a few points into it because it can help your character wherever you go in the world, be it a trip to scorched for wyvern milk or a trip to the snow biome for tons of fur. I personally have 10 fortitude as my character is a general character that is mostly weight and health, and goes to multiple biomes. The 10 fortitude helps noticeably with this as limits how often I need food and water.

But then there are other factors that play into this:

For example your food, if you have a steady constant supply of food is it really going to bother you how quick you get through it? Food doesn't weigh much and with some preserving salt, stacks can last you ages. Plus the ease of just killing a dino for some quick meat when you need it.

Then there is your armour, are you going to be using fur in the snow? If so then is there a point to having high fortitude.

I think it depends entirely on your build, location, and ease of access to food & water.

Archived