re-balance The long Await Flyer Re-balance is finally here, what are your thoughts on it?

Bolty

4 minutes ago, Currahee said:

Except WC didn't completely destroy anything and then give us something completely unrelated to play with, as the original analogy purposed. Also this isn't our toy, this is WCs property. I think my analogy is much closer to the reality of it.

Before the nerf did you have a choice? No offense but I'll assume you always chose fliers?

I have a bicycle and a car.  Guess what - I always choose the car because it's the quickest transportation I have.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Currahee said:

Except WC didn't completely destroy anything and then give us something completely unrelated to play with, as the original analogy purposed. Also this isn't our toy, this is WCs property. I think my analogy is much closer to the reality of it.

Before the nerf did you have a choice? No offense but I'll assume you always chose fliers?

No offence taken. I still agree with his analogy, but I'm not trying to tell you to. Also, I think you'll find many people feel they did give us something completely unrelated (read broken) to play with. That's the issue right? Different people, different play styles.

And no I didn't always choose flyers. Raft's, Rex's, Gigas, Carnos & even raptors have always been part of my arsenal. Add the Thero, Bears and a few other of the new ones this last year to that. However, when I just need to get across the map in a very short time period, say to recover a body, yes I choose flyers!... Or used to anyways.   

19 minutes ago, Jerryn said:

Yet, I and many others have been waiting for well over a decade for the ability to Unselect a cell if we accidentally click on it while selecting a bunch of other cells.  Meanwhile, if I use a query to create a new table, even if I try to force the field size to 8, or 10, or 20, Access makes it 255.

Wait are you serious? Tried using Ctrl + Click on that cell? Still using Access?! not even going to go there.... 

6 minutes ago, Twin said:

I have a bicycle and a car.  Guess what - I always choose the car because it's the quickest transportation I have.

And now laws go in place that you can't drive over 15mph on any of the streets. You can still drive your car and it'll still have uses, but now you might take your bike out sometimes too?

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, GhostRSA said:

Wait are you serious? Tried using Ctrl + Click on that cell? Still using Access?! not even going to go there.... 

Yes, I am.  Just tried it, still doesn't work.  But, maybe in the latest version it does, unfortunately, I have to use what the corp provides, other than a few apps I have bullied them into loading.

As for Access, I do use it from time to time, along with a myriad of other tools.  Not everything is a nail, so I have more than a hammer. 

And, I was trying to be a bit commical, but I guess that fails on some.

5 hours ago, Robersdee said:

What do I think?

I think WC keeps locking the megathreads so they lose visibility and refuse to acknowledge the fact they made a mistake, its sheer arrogance. I think one of the mods openly admitted in 30 days the steam rating wouldn't matter so "ha ha". I think this is a goddamn joke. I think there's several prominent shills on here stalking users and posts and instantly replying to negative posts.

The fliers are pretty much the same, oh, they can attack on the ground thats nice! (also should have been there since fliers implementation)

My Wyvern, Lord of the Skies! spends most of the time on the ground because of stamina, You know I spent 4 real life days raising this dino right? Now it just sits in my base. <slow clap wildcard>

It's ok though because I can paint vaults......

Loads of updates to the UI!, unfortunately there were all fixes for the sesame street user interface. Ascendant items are still BLUE ON BLUE it's almost becoming funny how inept the devs are. 

A few game devs made huge mistakes the community hated in the past. Any developer worth their salt apologised, accepted they made a mistake and fixed it. They fixed the nonsense or the game died. It's laughable that WC are just accepting that its hated by the majority and losing players everyday.

They have a mod that reverses the flying changes which in  only 4 days has nearly 45 thousand downloads/subscribers.  Hell even a game journalist from PCGamer.com was advertising the mod reversing the changes.

Thats when you know you've done something wrong, and need to fix it. Not with small buffs, not with tiny little updates. 

Wake me up when your on Flyers V20, or when you've admitted your wrong and actually listen to your community/players

45 thousand, lmao. 

Meh i somewhat agree but again youre used too be spoiled would u like the changes? lil kid.. used too fly endlessly almost.. hm? i get it its a BIG change but you dont need too act like a raptoring kid over it.. not only you included.. oh a journalist did ads it? hmm must be correct for lazy people right? man so much wrong.. i cant even be arsed too type anymore too explain  what so dumb , u spent 4 DAYS raising a wyrn in an early access game that can change overnight like now.. our WORST NIGHTMARE happend .... thats why i only have 800 offical hours in this game becus I KNEW maintaining this poop is just WASTE OF raptorING TIME!  and i KNEW IT! so i stopped and NOW I LAUGH AT THE SALT over those people RAIDING ME and others.. FOR FUN and NOW THEY SUFFER MAJOURLY! HA HA!

Just now, Jerryn said:

Yes, I am.  Just tried it, still doesn't work.  But, maybe in the latest version it does, unfortunately, I have to use what the corp provides, other than a few apps I have bullied them into loading.

As for Access, I do use it from time to time, along with a myriad of other tools.  Not everything is a nail, so I have more than a hammer. 

And, I was trying to be a bit commical, but I guess that fails on some.

No I got the comedy in you post and did enjoy it, honestly. The thing is even a company like MS if a user base the same proportions as the user base of ARK currently complaining, were to complain, they would do something about it and it would not be something as small as changes that can be measured in single digit percentages. If not they will provide a proper work around or alternative. WC did not of that, a mod did that for them. 

15 minutes ago, SwishPapaSweets said:

Let's not revert the nerf and instead force people to actually adapt to it.

No. The Nerf is unusable at any stage currently. Revert it. Now!

I don't like to adapt anything that makes my gameplay worse, at least not in this manner.

The nerf update is just a joke -- and a good method to make Wildcard's fans of this game run away in hordes.

4 minutes ago, Currahee said:

And now laws go in place that you can't drive over 15mph on any of the streets. You can still drive your car and it'll still have uses, but now you might take your bike out sometimes too?

Ok, considering emissions... Just outlaw the car altogether at that point as polluting the planet for zero time reward makes zero sense. Oh, wait, people said the same thing about the flyers, fix em or just take them out. 

Personally as previously stated, I think the changes are mostly in the right direction this patch. 

4 hours ago, GamerPerfection said:

It's not 45k, it's 42.9k.

If you're gonna do it, do it right.

Another example of a moderator being a smart "Donkey" lol not going to trap me.  Why don't you do your job and let folks express themselves with out getting all high and mighty.   The community moderators on this web sight might very well be the worst in the world.  At least you have that.  And the flyer nerf is still a joke they went about it the wrong way.  and if they wanted to fix it they would revert it back to how it was and then make minor adjustments over time.  And to solve there PVE v PVP they should have different stats on the dino's for those modes.   Thank god Mass Effect came out giving me something fun to play now that Ark is unplayable.

Here's what it boils down to for me, you offered us a customizable move speed and everyone loved it. Then you just take it away because fliers are overpowered? Well now they are useless and many of us have spent all our time taming and breeding and using fliers. If someone doesn't want a ground dino they shouldn't have to use them. You are gonna lose over half your player base and the other half will play unofficial servers with mods where fliers are useful. And if you think your steam reviews will go up next month you are wrong unless you change the nerf back.

1 minute ago, Drakoviche said:

Here's what it boils down to for me, you offered us a customizable move speed and everyone loved it. Then you just take it away because fliers are overpowered? Well now they are useless and many of us have spent all our time taming and breeding and using fliers. If someone doesn't want a ground dino they shouldn't have to use them. You are gonna lose over half your player base and the other half will play unofficial servers with mods where fliers are useful. And if you think your steam reviews will go up next month you are wrong unless you change the nerf back.

Put a vote in... Enough of us do it and they've gotta give a response. 

Happy to have been -partially- wrong, they still didn't listen to a lot of people but it is a step in the right direction for sure, love the ground attacks. Still too slow for my taste but I think a 50% boost on what was added (30%->45%, 9%->13.5%, etc) might feel better for speed, although I have only tested with the quetz, argy and ptera. 45% might be too much for ptera's though, not sure. (Would still prefer customizable speed)

Or adding back the imprinting bonus to speed may also work as an alternative since it would make breeding a more rewarding experiance overall and you wouldn't have basic birds be as fast as a bred/imprinted bird. (Unless that's what they were going for but it kinda sucks for all the work that's put in.)

Follow speed is a big annoyance though, I used to have a -slightly- faster bird to help prevent tailgating and without customization I can't do that, though imprinting would possibly make it better. Stop riding my *** and getting me stuck dude. :(

Heard wyverns still suck but I didn't have one before and I don't have one now.

Did our flyer points get refunded so we can make informed decisions on where to spend them now that the devs have completely changed flyers?  Or am I forced to kill off all my flyers and go get new ones that I can raise based on the currently changes?  For example, if the quetz still can not fly around my base without losing half its stamina, I would like to remove points from weight and put them in stamina.  What good is a quetz that can carry 2000 weight if it can only fly for 20 seconds before needing to land in the swamp?

I will not say anything else regrading the nerf. It's obvious it's a wild discussion.

But I do want to thank WC for all the other updates recently. I have seen many improvements, updates, fixes. It like wrapping a present. They are not quite at the ribbon and bow before they give it away. But the wrapping is starting to take shape. So many improvements. Thank you WC Team on the positive stuff. *Hi 5's

Still looking for safe ways to travel with rafts across the water now. Boy the water is even more scarier. *legs trembling.

I think the Main problem is that the devs seem to be hanging on to the ideas they had for the fix, which was fundamentally flawed.  Capping speed is the biggest problem.  It makes imprinting a complete waste of time for every bird but quetz(its a waste for quetz on PVE no matter what at this point), adds a glaring inconsistency to the game, and makes the game more tedious.

What they could have done was simply nerf the stam by 60%, which would force players to place point into stam, reducing the amount of points that could be spent on all of the other stats.

Unfortunately they seem married to their idea of leaving speed capped and giving the birds a speed bonus when mounted.  It is also a shame that their tactic of nerfing flyers into the ground to make their subsequent improvement more palpable  seems to be working.

6 hours ago, Wolf410 said:

My suggested Mk. 3 changes:

- Wyvern definitely needs a buff, it still doesn't feel right. It severely lacks stamina, causing it to run out of stamina too quickly while flying. The Wyvern's stamina should be restored to how it was pre v256, however, it's Elemental attack stamina drain should be increased by 300% from pre v256 levels.

- Ptero should have a 25% increase to rider movement speed, and base health reduced to 175 from 210. (It should be a fast and squishy bird). I think it would be pretty decent then.

- Quetzal I would increase it's base weight by 50, but otherwise it seems pretty decent.

- Argent needs a good 10% increase to rider movement speed , rest of stats seem OK.

Haven't had the chance to try the other fliers yet.

Pretty much agree with this. Ptera should be squishy but kind of fast

20 minutes ago, CyberGameZone said:

I will not say anything else regrading the nerf. It's obvious it's a wild discussion.

But I do want to thank WC for all the other updates recently. I have seen many improvements, updates, fixes. It like wrapping a present. They are not quite at the ribbon and bow before they give it away. But the wrapping is starting to take shape. So many improvements. Thank you WC Team on the positive stuff. *Hi 5's

Still looking for safe ways to travel with rafts across the water now. Boy the water is even more scarier. *legs trembling.

sail inland? the river systems connect very well, I know you can get from the south to volcano as iv done it. But now leeds been nerfed I'm not sure it matters

This is still garbage, when is v3 coming? Its been almost a week since anyone has really played. The quetz is still too slow even though anky got weight reduction takes me forever to mine metal when I live right on a mountain. The ptera and argy are painfully slow, pelegornis is just poop. Bring back the ability to level speed and quit screwing around.

The Argent is perfect.

The Pteranodon could be a tiny bit faster if only to pick people from Argents effectively, Its overall speed feels fine now.

The Quetz could do with maybe 10% more stamina and a little bit more "Rider bonus speed" or Nerf its stamina again and allow slow air regeneration, Because ultimately i'm just using an Archa to do it anyway.

The Wyrvern is sweet in my opinion, But would be nice to get a few more special attacks off.

I haven't tried my Tapa, But it was already sweet.

Don't own a moth or a Pelagonis so can't comment on those.

Personally i'm really stoked that fliers have distinct roles now and this is definitely a step in the right direction.

• GP locked this topic

Archived