re-balance The long Await Flyer Re-balance is finally here, what are your thoughts on it?

Bolty

The long awaited flyer nerf re-balance update is finally here.

I Think argy and ptera feels little better, but in my opinion they are still not at a point we can call them balanced.

As far as wyvern go u can see on spreadsheet there are some very tiny change, but when it comes to ingame there is hardly any difference or so little that it does not make much(Any) of a difference. they still feels clunky, slow and runs out of stam in no time and regen is slow too. again its my opinion.

I think they should add imprinting speed bonus at-least to wyverns, so if you work hard on imprints you get rewarded with decent speed.

quatz stam feels near to right spot just little bit more will put it to a balanced place, but there speed still feels very slow for my taste.

And i like the they finally implemented the ground attack on flyers so they just dont have to sit there while other dinos chew there butt.

So what do you guys think of this patch hate it, like it or 1 step in right direction?

I hope they dont leave it like it is for a month now, this needs lot of work to be done and in fast time. again my personal opinion.

And they should allow players 1 time re-lvl the stats on the flyers after the balancing is done. and at-least announce it that they are going to do it at some point, so all our current leveled flyers dont go to waste. In which have ppl put 100s of hrs to get and lvl them.

• Replies 895
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My suggested Mk. 3 changes:

- Wyvern definitely needs a buff, it still doesn't feel right. It severely lacks stamina, causing it to run out of stamina too quickly while flying. The Wyvern's stamina should be restored to how it was pre v256, however, it's Elemental attack stamina drain should be increased by 300% from pre v256 levels.

- Ptero should have a 25% increase to rider movement speed, and base health reduced to 175 from 210. (It should be a fast and squishy bird). I think it would be pretty decent then.

- Quetzal I would increase it's base weight by 50, but otherwise it seems pretty decent.

- Argent needs a good 10% increase to rider movement speed , rest of stats seem OK.

Haven't had the chance to try the other fliers yet.

It's useless. The update is a damn joke.

At the time my 7th gen quetz on a HARDCORE PVP official server is out right useless. It don't even have the stam to fly to our allis base that's right across the river from us with out needing to land first! This so called update isn't going to be changing that very much at all.

The flyers stam drain is far to large, and it's not changing with the next coming patch. There giving us some base stam but people have already done the math and it'll hardly be noticeable. Woohoo I get a few extra wing flaps before I need to land and sit for a while as stam regens.

It got bad on the server when one tribe had to bring their flyers on the back of a darn BRONTO to get them to a raid as it was faster than flying, then ended up not using them because there stam drain is to much and their speed makes them sitting ducks for snipers. Plus their weight can hardly hold the rider all geared up let alone anyone they some how manage to pluck.

Hell, most of us can run on foot faster and further than our flyers can fly. Most of us were just getting around on Thylo's as they can run faster and further, can scale walls and take little fall damage.

So when is the nerf to land dinos and their ability to just keep going like crazy? Or the nerf to player move speed?

Anyone who QQ's over flyers are likely the people that sucked at PVP. We use to use flyers to support our land troops. Our Rex's, our Gigas, our titan in one raid we marched along to take out the alpha tribe at the time. Land battles, air battles, people setting up turret towers, people on foot in ghilly trying to sneek past enemy lines. Don't see where WildCard think's people are living on their darn flyers.. No one is.

But now even with the upcoming buff flyers are still going to be useless, the 'rolls' they are offering are pointless. They will still have too high of a stam drain, there speed is going to make them easy targets, and my quetz even with the weight boost there giving it is still not going to be able to hit the metal spawns with out wasting so much darn time being a sitting duck as it has to keep sitting there to get stam back after a short hop.

Know what is sad? When our allies can chain 5 ankys on follow together and make it to the metal nodes ON FOOT before our quetz + anky can even make it.

How is any of this 'balanced'?

Our server died a few days after the patch hit. NO ONE was happy about it. After some general chat with those that didn't out right quit at first we all pretty much agreed to switch to Conan Exiles as it was better than what WildCard was offering us. A tribe found a low pop Conan pvp server and the rest all flooded to it, making it a high pop overnight. I went back to the ark server the other night and it showed 2 players on it.. What use to be a high pop hardcore pvp server is now a ghost town, and no these up coming changes after people were doing the math on it, would not bring anyone back, as these changes are not enough.

So there giving us a little base stam back, and allowing quetz to have weight again.

But the stam drain is unchanged, you will still only be able to do short hops on flyers., there speed is still going to make them a sitting duck. Know your petra's? There nearly unchanged, the patch is hardly touching them. So that gives you an idea of what will be coming.

It's a joke.

A pve review after the nerf v2:

Wyvern stamina drain is too quick if use breath attack, and need some more speed buff. Quetzal stamina drain still too quick, and the movespeed is ridiculously slow, need many buff. I'm very disappointed because of these stats :( . Other flyers looks like okay now.

And please make an server settings option to set no nerf movespeed, such as the stamina. I think peoples like, if have a choice...

What do I think?

I think WC keeps locking the megathreads so they lose visibility and refuse to acknowledge the fact they made a mistake, its sheer arrogance. I think one of the mods openly admitted in 30 days the steam rating wouldn't matter so "ha ha". I think this is a goddamn joke. I think there's several prominent shills on here stalking users and posts and instantly replying to negative posts.

The fliers are pretty much the same, oh, they can attack on the ground thats nice! (also should have been there since fliers implementation)

My Wyvern, Lord of the Skies! spends most of the time on the ground because of stamina, You know I spent 4 real life days raising this dino right? Now it just sits in my base. <slow clap wildcard>

It's ok though because I can paint vaults......

Loads of updates to the UI!, unfortunately there were all fixes for the sesame street user interface. Ascendant items are still BLUE ON BLUE it's almost becoming funny how inept the devs are. 

A few game devs made huge mistakes the community hated in the past. Any developer worth their salt apologised, accepted they made a mistake and fixed it. They fixed the nonsense or the game died. It's laughable that WC are just accepting that its hated by the majority and losing players everyday.

They have a mod that reverses the flying changes which in  only 4 days has nearly 45 thousand downloads/subscribers.  Hell even a game journalist from PCGamer.com was advertising the mod reversing the changes.

Thats when you know you've done something wrong, and need to fix it. Not with small buffs, not with tiny little updates. 

Wake me up when your on Flyers V20, or when you've admitted your wrong and actually listen to your community/players

45 thousand, lmao. 

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Robersdee said:

I think WC keeps locking the megathreads so they lose visibility and refuse to acknowledge the fact they made a mistake, its sheer arrogance. I think one of the mods openly admitted in 30 days the steam rating wouldn't matter so "ha ha". I think this is a goddamn joke. I think there's several prominent shills on here stalking users and posts and instantly replying to negative posts.

I said it is the Overall rating that is important.

Think about it. 1st April loads of negative reviews on steam. Recent rating drops from 72% to 48%. 1st May - all those negative reviews posted on 1st April drop off the recent review rating, therefore % rises again. The overall rating is what really shows the true drop as it will still incorporate the 1st Apr review bomb.

The recent rating will only really determine what the original nerf and the follow up re-balances like v2 will do to the ratings over the next few weeks.

There have been some positive improvements in v2, and the important thing is to identify if they are moving in the right direction, and if not, what else needs to be considered.

Just now, GamerPerfection said:

Think about it. 1st April loads of negative reviews on steam. Recent rating drops from 72% to 48%. 1st May - all those negative reviews posted on 1st April drop off the recent review rating, therefore % rises again. The overall rating is what really shows the true drop as it will still incorporate the 1st Apr review bomb.

The recent rating will only really determine what the original nerf and the follow up re-balances like v2 will do to the ratings over the next few weeks.

There have been some positive improvements in v2, and the important thing is to identify if they are moving in the right direction, and if not, what else needs to be considered.

Exactly, so you're essentially saying that the review bomb on April 1st will no longer be seen after 30 days, people SHOULD see it. People should know what the game is like lately instead of steam reviews from people with less than 15 hours because you put the game on sale for buttons and string because you knew this update would upset, literally, your entire user base.

45 thousand downloads in 4 days, I don't need to say any more.

This update is just another not funny joke... This will chance nothing...

Give us a server option to choose, if we want to use the nerfed version or the original version. Stop making senseless buffs. Hear what the community is saying. PvE a lot of casual players are playing that don't want to spend hours and hours just for farming metal and don't want to make stops every 30 seconds to fly one place to the other. Also Wyverns can be deleted from the game, in the way they are implemented atm. Just read and hear, what is happening at the moment. You are losing your players and your community.

Did I see it right, that the thread with over 1400 replies to your stupid flyer nerf was deleted? Are you serious? Just can't understand what is happening with you atm. Go to bed, sleep a night. And tomorrow think about it and stop making jokes with your players. Don't push it too far. We liked your game until your flyer nerf.

Peez

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, Br0nk0 said:

Did I see it right, that the thread with over 1400 replies to your stupid flyer nerf was deleted? Are you serious? Just can't understand what is happening with you atm. Go to bed, sleep a night. And tomorrow think about it and stop making jokes with your players. Don't push it too far. We liked your game until your flyer nerf.

Not deleted, it is closed:

I'm sure they will open Mk. 3 soon enough.

15 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

Current rating is also important. It tells potential customer what is the game like now. If I had been about to buy this game and saw 48% user score, I wouldn't have bought it, because it would have been clear for me developer did or have been doing something that makes customers angry and frustrated. 

Also, when they are going to open another offical Rebalance Flyer nerf thread since the old one was closed?

Just now, Lewiatan said:

Current rating is also important. It tells potential customer what is the game like now. If I had been about to buy this game and saw 48% user score, I wouldn't have bought it, because it would have been clear for me developer did or have been doing something that makes customers angry and frustrated. 

Also, when they are going to open another offical Rebalance Flyer nerf thread since the old one was just deleted?

Exactly, this is their point somehow! its astounding.

You could release the best game in the world, then release an update turning every player into a turd. If you absolutely F your game up people should know. Im just glad PCGamer and now some other outlets have picked up the story. 

Admit you made a mistake and undo this nonsense.

Im just going to sign off every post from now with this;

Classic Flyers Mod - 45 thousand downloads in 4 days. 

Still sucks. 

Devs - at least give those people running unofficial servers a way to turn off this idiocy. We have spent countless hours building, taming and breeding based on how fliers operated. By doing this you have rendered much of that useless. How can you guys not understand the investment in time people have made in this game? This is nothing short of either ignorance or outright betrayal.

Please give us a way to opt out of this game destroying change. Even if that's the ability to roll back to pre 256 and get off the update path forever.

Please?

15 minutes ago, Robersdee said:

Exactly, this is their point somehow! its astounding.

You could release the best game in the world, then release an update turning every player into a turd. If you absolutely F your game up people should know. Im just glad PCGamer and now some other outlets have picked up the story. 

Admit you made a mistake and undo this nonsense.

Im just going to sign off every post from now with this;

Classic Flyers Mod - 45 thousand downloads in 4 days. 

Yeah even our local sites here in South Africa has started to run with the story. Word of mouth now is spreading like wild fire. Nothing short of a sledgehammer reversal of the nerf hammer will stop this run away train.

http://telkomgaming.co.za/ark-devs-respond-to-flyer-nerf-outrage/

1 minute ago, Taylos said:

This patch is just another joke,.. I wonder if any of those Admins replying here ever played for a Long time.,who will want to use a Ptera with like 400 Stamina ? I won't,... Wyverns Need a lot of Stamina for their attack thus still useless and the other birds I didn't even care to check.

why only 400? mine has 1100 and seems in a pretty good spot now. 

52 minutes ago, GamerPerfection said:

and again you are cute :D

All i need to do is editing it once a month :D and you are thinking it will rise ?

People who are really interested will READ the Reviews, not every one is dumb enough to only look at tumps up ! And Reviews after short time playing 0.1h to 100h with one word or one sentence have never recommended a game for me ! 

Example sure: 

EARLY-ACCESS-REVIEW

VERFASST: 6. APRIL 0.5 hours played

DIS GAME IS AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ^w^

And you know i can sort them like, show me all and the ones who are helpfull. Guess what you will see ? On the first page (without loading new ones)

2 (in words: TWO) positiv reviews, you need to get out of your Dreamworld !

have a nice day Fanbob

• GP locked this topic

Archived