Imprinting Is Unhealthy.

Crows

4 minutes ago, iAmE said:

It isn't just dismissing the ideas out of hand because I don't think they will work. It's a combination of doing this fight over a hundred times, possibly more, trying over a dozen "Ways" to do it. Rexes end up being the only dino that fits the bill of having:

Enough AoE/Damage to clear the adds fast enough, Enough Movement speed to dodge Fireballs, Enough health to tank the boss for any meaningful amount of time and Enough damage to contribute to killing the bosses and enough Weight to carry everything you need to kill the Dragon. 

I've tried a whole *lot* of "Things". Therizino swapping for tanking (Biggest Herbivore you can bring to the fights, for Sweet cakes). Scorpions to "Stick" him. Galli herding. Saberteeth+guns. Turtles for tanking. Pachyrhino for trying to "Stam it out". Trike's for KB. Combinations of all of the above. 

I think you're sincerely underestimating the amount of time, as a "PvE" Alpha tribe, that we're had to just play with bosses and these mechanics.

As for the Herbivore note, none of the Herbivores that the note applies to (This is particularly a Sauropod Mechanic, so Paracers/Bronto/Diplo), can be brought into the boss fights. 

I still think that not being able to bring Brontos (or at least Paracers) is just plain dumb. Ban platform saddles so people don't make invincible "armor" and they'd be fair, and well suited to dealing with a lot of the mechanics you have to keep in mind (especially the adds, a strong bronto murders everything around all at once.)

• Replies 704
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, iAmE said:

It isn't just dismissing the ideas out of hand because I don't think they will work. It's a combination of doing this fight over a hundred times, possibly more, trying over a dozen "Ways" to do it. Rexes end up being the only dino that fits the bill of having:

Enough AoE/Damage to clear the adds fast enough, Enough Movement speed to dodge Fireballs, Enough health to tank the boss for any meaningful amount of time and Enough damage to contribute to killing the bosses and enough Weight to carry everything you need to kill the Dragon. 

I've tried a whole *lot* of "Things". Therizino swapping for tanking (Biggest Herbivore you can bring to the fights, for Sweet cakes). Scorpions to "Stick" him. Galli herding. Saberteeth+guns. Turtles for tanking. Pachyrhino for trying to "Stam it out". Trike's for KB. Combinations of all of the above. 

I think you're sincerely underestimating the amount of time, as a "PvE" Alpha tribe, that we're had to just play with bosses and these mechanics.

As for the Herbivore note, none of the Herbivores that the note applies to (This is particularly a Sauropod Mechanic, so Paracers/Bronto/Diplo), can be brought into the boss fights. 

Are homing rockets worth anything on the dragon? Also yes btw I'll give you that you have more experience with the dragon than I do. That seems to be where we started having the two different conversations, I was talking about the ones I had already beat as stated, and you, as clear now, was more of talking about the dragon and needing super Rex's to even come close, legitimately.

6 minutes ago, PootsumJenkins said:

For a Millennia humans slept in 2-4 hour shifts. This whole 8 hour sleep cycle we put ourselves through is kinda new.

Anyways seems like we always find ways to criticize Ark for it's many difficulties. If it was easy it wouldn't be fun.

Buck up and set an alarm lol

Yes they did, for real life survival. Not for a video game, lol. However, that doesn't mean that I can just tell my boss I need to run home to take care of my dinos.

There needs to be something you can actively do to progress your imprint instead of waiting for some RNG timer to do a very basic function. Imprinting doesn't take any skill and doesn't make breeding interactive at all. I'd like to be able to take whatever I'm raising out and have it follow me while I hunt. The exp it would have gained could build towards a higher imprint. Something you could possibly do on day when you have the free time while its still maturing, and have it fully or mostly imprinted, or more importantly, make up for imprints you won't get because you have real life duties.

• Volunteer Moderator
4 hours ago, iAmE said:

I think you're sincerely underestimating the amount of time, as a "PvE" Alpha tribe, that we're had to just play with bosses and these mechanics. Not to mention that, if there was an "Easy/Legit" way to do Dragon, we'd (Referring to both our group and those of us active on the forums) have heard about it.

I will say this: Regarding testing the different difficulties of the boss arenas, there were no imprinted dinos used for easy and medium difficulties. And yes, that includes the dragon.

I completely agree with you on this one, there are certain factors such as school, work, etc. That should be thought about when considering the current situation of imprinting. Personally, I would like to see a dino sleep schedule, to make it to where players don't loose as much sleep, if any. This would not only make it more obtainable to get 100% imprinting, but also make it more enjoyable.  

This is why I am so so against official server wipes. We have guys in our tribe who have been staying up for weeks because they are try-hards and 100% imprint on everything, literally sleeping in cycles of 3 hours for the last x amounts of months to the point of irritability and deprivation. Yes, it is their choice, but irregardless of that fact the amount of time they have put in is astronomical

With that said, imprinting should be tribe imprint - not solo imprint.

Just now, Crows said:

Raising wyvern also means me forcing myself awake every 2-3 hours to feed it milk, right? since my tribemembers cannot help me with this as they're offline and busy. 

Well, you don't actually have to feed a wyvern every 2-3 hours as long as you only raise high level ones. The first one I raised was a level 190 poison (max level). I had hatched it accidentally when trying to just incubate it a bit. I thought I'd just let it die because I had to go to work, but when I got home, it was still alive 10 hours later, so I fed it enough milk to fully feed it and raised it the rest of the way. Once the wyvern runs out of food, then the health slowly goes down. It only dies when the health reaches zero.

Now if you want to imprint the wyvern 100%, that is another thing, then you need to be there for it every 3 - 4 hours. You walk it, cuddle, or feed it a wyvern milk from the 0 slot (randomly picked for you) to imprint it.

The hard part about raising the wyvern is getting the milk. On scorched earth, it can't be put in a refrigerator and only lasts about 2 1/2 hours in a preserving bin with preserving salts and spark powder. So you have to get a new female to milk each time, although you can milk it again in one hour, but must remain logged in to keep it in a cage. Not an easy task on scorched earth where you die from dehydration in about 2 hours. Some people raise them on the Island where the milk lasts longer, but then of course you need to transfer from scorched earth with it which is the only source of the milk.

3 hours ago, Elijahjudah1911 said:

Wyverns are too much of a pain to actually imprint on. Besides dont they have a really long maturation time?

They imprint with only 3 things, cuddling, walks, and milk. Vs the large expensive variety that regular dinos have. It's easier to hit 100% on a Wyvern than a Rex, despite the latter being a "kill animal, dump meat on it" kind of raise.

10 hours ago, LilNastyGurl said:

They imprint with only 3 things, cuddling, walks, and milk. Vs the large expensive variety that regular dinos have. It's easier to hit 100% on a Wyvern than a Rex, despite the latter being a "kill animal, dump meat on it" kind of raise.

That's true, it's just that we're based on the Island and so we're having to go through hell to get milk. Lost 10+ pteras mainly to hostile player on a large variety of different SE servers and we're only there to get milk, nothing more. :P Hate raising wyverns! 

On March 12, 2017 at 8:40 PM, PootsumJenkins said:

For a Millennia humans slept in 2-4 hour shifts. This whole 8 hour sleep cycle we put ourselves through is kinda new.

Anyways seems like we always find ways to criticize Ark for it's many difficulties. If it was easy it wouldn't be fun.

Buck up and set an alarm lol

So you're implying that the imprinting process is fun?Okayyy then...

On 14-3-2017 at 7:41 PM, Spedizzo said:

This is why I am so so against official server wipes. We have guys in our tribe who have been staying up for weeks because they are try-hards and 100% imprint on everything, literally sleeping in cycles of 3 hours for the last x amounts of months to the point of irritability and deprivation. Yes, it is their choice, but irregardless of that fact the amount of time they have put in is astronomical

With that said, imprinting should be tribe imprint - not solo imprint.

they realise this is EA right, nothing is guaranteed to stay.

On 14-3-2017 at 11:17 PM, Crows said:

Raising wyvern also means me forcing myself awake every 2-3 hours to feed it milk, right? since my tribemembers cannot help me with this as they're offline and busy. 

it also means having to actively do something when waking up so by the time you got the Milk and fed it to the baby, youre probably gonna be behind the point of going back to sleep.

I don't think imprinting itself is fun, but the results are. I also enjoy imagining a cuddly T-rex, or bronto... The best though, was when I had triplet direwolves, and they all wanted to cuddle. That was a good image in my head, made that much funnier by the fact that it was their last imprint, so all of them were larger than me by far. Massive puppy pile.

Archived