TEK Tier useless?

Acemore

I do not think this gear has been tested long enought to "summ it up".

But I do agree with what H.O.D. says about the PvP aspect.

The question is does Wildcard want to give raiders another great tool to their hands or do they want tek tier to be used in a more calm PvE enviroment (excluding the Tek Rifle and Giga helmet, thosedefenitly have some use in PvP)

I do not think PvP is all about flyers, but fact is that most raids and fights (talking about official servers here) are fought with flyers due to people staying safe inside their bases instead of fighting against their opponents dino vs dino.

I would still say land dinos have their use in a fight, people just dont use em' the right way ;)

Unfortunately, the game really favors PvB combat right now (player vs base), for which Tek isn't really any better than most conventional combat. For actual PvP, I think Tek blows other combat styles out of the water, but the infrequency of substantial PvP settings makes that less impactful. HOD pretty much just raids that I've seen, so I don't imagine he'd get much use out of Tek.

2 hours ago, Picolo XL said:

I do not think this gear has been tested long enought to "summ it up".

But I do agree with what H.O.D. says about the PvP aspect.

The question is does Wildcard want to give raiders another great tool to their hands or do they want tek tier to be used in a more calm PvE enviroment (excluding the Tek Rifle and Giga helmet, thosedefenitly have some use in PvP)

I do not think PvP is all about flyers, but fact is that most raids and fights (talking about official servers here) are fought with flyers due to people staying safe inside their bases instead of fighting against their opponents dino vs dino.

I would still say land dinos have their use in a fight, people just dont use em' the right way ;)

That's the sad part. Most people are cowards and usually just offline people. And even when some are online I have just seen a bunch of scared people running around with superior gear and Dinos so they can still win. I have seen or encountered an actual battle yet. 

Sad but true. But as they say a bully is really just a coward and we have seen 1000's of them in this game

HOD has a lot of fights against tribes which are real fights back and forth, and it's all about pteras, quetzals and turtles (in my own experience as well).

The fact that Pteras are super fast, can pick players off of dinos and has a huge aoe spin that deals a ton of damage (especially a high dmg imprinted ptera) makes them really overpowered even after the nerfs... and they use DODO KIBBLES! :o

Fliers are also inherently insanely useful considering the travel capabilities and that you can ignore the terrain, where as all land dinos must follow the pathways and trails to get up mountains/hills etc.

I think Pteras need to have their ability to pick up players FROM dinos removed (maybe picking up unmounted players is still ok?) I mean it should be more difficult to pick up players that are securely in their saddle than players simply running along the beach. Also the AOE of the spin nerfed (remove speed burst during spin).

9 hours ago, PuffyPony said:

Unfortunately, the game really favors PvB combat right now (player vs base), for which Tek isn't really any better than most conventional combat. For actual PvP, I think Tek blows other combat styles out of the water, but the infrequency of substantial PvP settings makes that less impactful. HOD pretty much just raids that I've seen, so I don't imagine he'd get much use out of Tek.

the armor and damage on the gear is pretty low and the rifle/rex plasma shots have slow bullet travel. i think high quality longnecks and shotguns will beat the absolute crap out someone in a tek suit to be honest. jetpack hover is slow and just makes you an easy target for someone with a real sniper.

i do agree that the game in pvp is very player vs base, which renders tek a bit useless in this scenario as its not good for breaching defenses. outside of that, people would surely just use regular equipment anyway, i imagine.

2 hours ago, Sh4rk said:

the armor and damage on the gear is pretty low and the rifle/rex plasma shots have slow bullet travel. i think high quality longnecks and shotguns will beat the absolute crap out someone in a tek suit to be honest. jetpack hover is slow and just makes you an easy target for someone with a real sniper.

i do agree that the game in pvp is very player vs base, which renders tek a bit useless in this scenario as its not good for breaching defenses. outside of that, people would surely just use regular equipment anyway, i imagine.

Wow I didn't know that tech tier was that weak. In that case I don't mind it too much anymore.

can you imagine someone from a big tribe grinding for hours and getting the gear just to be headshotted with someone that has a journeyman longneck. Then after they die that person runs up and takes his gear?

that would be awesome. And I would totally run into the ocean and drop it because it's not that strong I wouldn't want it but I can't have the guy hovering over me either. That's just rude ?

all you need is a longneck and some ghilie, bye bye iron man.... well if they are not on the mode which outlines players and dinos.

I was fearful of the tek gear at first but after watching a bunch of videos I'm still confident in my tribes ability to defend against it, its basically fancy expensive useless crap for raiding.

speaking to the offline raiding, I logged in while the alpha was attempting a poorly executed raid on my prim plus base. all they managed to do was enter the false HQ and break a bunch of storage boxes with resources in them. they also managed to snipe our battle bronto with 56k hp and a asc platform saddle from a quetz.  I managed to hold them off and kill them repeadly for 5 hours strait, got some good gear off them. there were 3 tribes attacking and about 16 people, killed a bunch of there petras, a 4th gen rex, there prized giga and managed to tranq and cage 2 of the tribes leaders for hours.

Pvp comes down to not numbers but skill, one guy can defend a base from a onslaught if the base is properly built defensively and you have a idea of what you are doing.

"Raiding" isn't exactly what defines what's going on, on officials. It's more like wiping. Wiping tribes who fault you, break alpha rules, or deem a threat in anyway. When I'm "Raided" my vault inventories are moreover despawned intentionally lol. Solve intentions of "raiding", and we may have a solution to ark pvp

2 hours ago, CyanicEmber said:

I have said it a million times already and I'll say it a million more. Remove Ptera' s utterly ridiculous Flying Mega Drill Attack.

This isn't some half-baked anime. Ptera is a scout-role flyer and it's barrel roll should be reworked into a maneuver, not an attack.

Yeah, fliers as a whole are a bit too strong. Pteras specifically have a couple of problems:

-The barrel roll does an absurd amount of damage/cleave and is incredibly hard to hit.

-The time it takes to raise them is too low, tribes have hundreds of wayyyy better than wild pteras stocked up making them essentially disposable.

-Their carry weight is too high, you shouldn't be able to carry a boat load of gear AND still be able to pick people.

On 2/2/2017 at 7:29 PM, Picolo XL said:

I think the lag & connection issues play a large role in this, too.

After all, if I'm getting raided, why risk running out from behind defensive battlements when the chance of DCing or lagging into a death are so great?

I'll hang out for a while and let my turrets & plants do the work. Then when the raider DCs, I'll kill him & his dinos.

3 minutes ago, GritlandYankee said:

I think the lag & connection issues play a large role in this, too.

After all, if I'm getting raided, why risk running out from behind defensive battlements when the chance of DCing or lagging into a death are so great?

I'll hang out for a while and let my turrets & plants do the work. Then when the raider DCs, I'll kill him & his dinos.

I never DC'ed while raiding nor while defending, so idk maybe I am just lucky but hopefully the upcoming performance upgrades this weekend will help ;)

Archived