Giant Fish Impossible To Catch!?

Crows

Hello! calling all master anglers out there; I don't know about you guys but I'm when I was fishing (on PS4) I tried catching a 2.5x Sabertooth Salmon which did bit my bait (leech blood) and as I was pressing every random button sequence as fast as I possibly could, without making a mistake, but the timer ran out.

Okay, 2.5x isn't big, and I was just too slow, I admit that... BUT I've just seen a 3.7x Coel and then my friend screeenshots a 6x Sabertooth Salmon, like what the! how is that possible to catch a 3x+ never mind a 6x? is it even possible? I imagine it to be so much easier on PC with a keyboard, I think! but even so, you must have a superhuman response time and superhuman fingers to catch something that big, right?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Crows said:

Hello! calling all master anglers out there; I don't know about you guys but I'm when I was fishing (on PS4) I tried catching a 2.5x Sabertooth Salmon which did bit my bait (leech blood) and as I was pressing every random button sequence as fast as I possibly could, without making a mistake, but the timer ran out.

Okay, 2.5x isn't big, and I was just too slow, I admit that... BUT I've just seen a 3.7x Coel and then my friend screeenshots a 6x Sabertooth Salmon, like what the! how is that possible to catch a 3x+ never mind a 6x? is it even possible? I imagine it to be so much easier on PC with a keyboard, I think! but even so, you must have a superhuman response time and superhuman fingers to catch something that big, right?

I believe practice makes perfection i do for fun those typing test games out there on the internet and to me they are really fun and helps you with it but i do them and i play on p.c so it's a lot different i can reach a huge wps (word per second) you may try and see if it help with those big fishezz

1 hour ago, Warlord15 said:

How do you make the big ones bite? I was sitting next to a 3,5 Coel for one and a half hours until i ran out of baits...

This, I was sitting for at least 20 minutes, I trapped a 2.9x coel and it just wouldn't bite with Leech Blood, there were swarms of Salmon trying to get in for the delicious bait. I switched over to sap, and it still wouldn't bite. I opened up the trap and threw my line back in and sat for what felt like forever, until a tiny little 0.4x coel swam at least 400 foundations up stream to bite my line.. I know because I had cleared every single fish around be before letting the Coel out of the trap.

Just now, Leonard said:

This, I was sitting for at least 20 minutes, I trapped a 2.9x coel and it just wouldn't bite with Leech Blood, there were swarms of Salmon trying to get in for the delicious bait. I switched over to sap, and it still wouldn't bite. I opened up the trap and threw my line back in and sat for what felt like forever, until a tiny little 0.4x coel swam at least 400 foundations up stream to bite my line.. I know because I had cleared every single fish around be before letting the Coel out of the trap.

I feel your pain... I hate how they are teasing you, swimming around the bait but not biting it. Does anyone have an approximate number, from which quality upwards it is worth  to catch them? We have 300% MC Rods.

Agreed, making the big ones bite is a pain but it is possible! sometimes you just have to punch them once if they're in the same position for too long, and then maybe they'll find your bait interesting... and it's good to see that I'm not alone here in the 'fishing anonymous club' even though as addictive as it can be, it's tough successfully catching a big fish.

12 hours ago, TheLastNerb said:

For those of you who've caught massive fish with a good rod (never bothered with fishing), what kind of loot on official have you pulled out of there?

With the right fishing rod you can pull really good BP's. With a 500% I used to have i have caught just about any kind of MC or ascendant saddle BP you can think of except for the newer dinos. Longneck rifle bp's, tons of fabricated pistol bps, and tons of ghille/fur mc/ascenant BPs. Along with those i would also get all the other tiers of BPs but too many to count. I would just toss them in one of my dinos and eventually go back and look through them at a later date.

I have a new rod to try again but I have not gotten around to fishing lately so I dont know what kind of loot today would yield. My fishing experience is from 2 months ago.

My biggest catch so far has been a 3.2.

I haven't seen a fish bigger then 3.0x pulled using the current Rods. Even before the nerf it would take me half an hour, to an hour, to get a 3.5 Coel to bite, and that was using a 1200% Fishing rod.

My thought is that they clamped all the fishing rods down to 500% and under, but didn't adjust the fishes corresponding thresholds, so the largest fish are essentially uncatchable.

20 minutes ago, spacejam said:

where is the best place to find better fishing rods ?   alphas or hitting up those underwater drops , caves?

Someone told me that killing mosas (perhaps they meant alpha mosas) was how you got them.  But I'd like to know as well as fishing with the regular poles doesn't seem to get you much even for the bigger fish that I've caught.

2 hours ago, SatansPegasus said:

The only fish I catch are those I hit with a spear does that count if so then I caught me a megalodon mind you I died just after but I killed it.

nah, we're talking about rod fishing. I found the answer to my problem, apparently sap is useless, you never use it and leech blood is king for everything. Bad news, I still cant catch 2.7 - 3x size coel even with 400 effectiveness rods. Im not the fastest at QTE's, but I'm not a horrendous slowpoke, a very average typer.

16 minutes ago, TheStrip said:

nah, we're talking about rod fishing. I found the answer to my problem, apparently sap is useless, you never use it and leech blood is king for everything. Bad news, I still cant catch 2.7 - 3x size coel even with 400 effectiveness rods. Im not the fastest at QTE's, but I'm not a horrendous slowpoke, a very average typer.

On well but who knows maybe the new fishing dock will do though all I gotta do now is find bait.

Archived