Patch v254: ETA now set to the 30th of January.

Jatheish

• Administrator

We're going to be delaying the release of Patch 254 until the 30th of January. I know a lot of you are excited and trust me, we are too. This patch is much larger than we first anticipated and we need more time to work on it in development, and through internal QA process prior public release. However soon you will get to enjoy a hell of lot of new content, and we're cooking up an extra-special surprise feature for the patch!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When the xbox/ps4 version is out can we have separate specific patch notes please as previous pc patch notes are a bit misleading for the consoles.  I.e jellyfish, tuso, Xmas, Halloween etc.  We never find out which maps get what and at times have had no answer as to when/if we would.

Appreciate all the work you guys do but our expectations are very mismanaged with that kind of thing happening.

Just now, pursegcn said:

You're pushing it back because you've spent ages on xbox and ps4. Glad us pc players have basically paid for you to make an xbox n ps4 port when ea means that all the effort should be placed on releasing the original game that's still in EA. 

You get that we paid as well, right?  You get that console, primarily the Xbox One purchasers, have helped fund in large part the features you're currently enjoying that we aren't, right?  Just some food for thought.

You better release everything is listed in those patch notes... Saying that I'm dissapointed wouldn't be enough. Those delays become ridiculous I have no clue how you're going to release this game in Spring/Summer if something like that keeps going. I hope that special feature is something really significant, not just a toy we'll get bored in 5 minutes.

24 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

You better release everything is listed in those patch notes... Saying that I'm dissapointed wouldn't be enough. Those delays become ridiculous I have no clue how you're going to release this game in Spring/Summer if something like that keeps going. I hope that special feature is something really significant, not just a toy we'll get bored in 5 minutes.

Or an overpriced camera that not a lot of people will spend out on. Who knows, maybe they're working on a solution to PvE carrying so the easter event won't be useless again this year? Can't wait to see though :P. I was hoping center would be updated still but I guess that's delayed too.

Strangely I'm relieved. 

I'm raising some wyverns this weekend and was not looking forward to a buggy patch coming out and then a series of minor fixes immediately after, each one doing a server reboot and trying to keep getting logged back in to feed/imprint the wyverns. 

When it is released, I hope it will be ready and go smoothly and not be rushed out the door.

I'm happy you pointed this out now instead of the 20th. I'm really looking forward to this patch (I'm on Xbox, so I'll have to wait a bit longer). I know people might not admit it, but they appreciate the communication and the fact you made this statement before the patch was supposed to come out. I'm super excited for this mysterious feature mentioned in the Xbox patch notes...

7 hours ago, Soldiercide said:

You get that we paid as well, right?  You get that console, primarily the Xbox One purchasers, have helped fund in large part the features you're currently enjoying that we aren't, right?  Just some food for thought.

I don't know... I don't do their budget or know their finances... All I'm saying is... Released as ea on pc.... Money n effort then on xbox port... Money n effort after that on scorched earth... Money n effort after that on ps4 port.... A game around a year late of actual release... You've been screwed over too open your eyes. 

Let me put it to you in software terms, "hey guys buy our early access game... It will be finished on this date.... Oh we couldn't make the deadline but here's something else for you to buy n something else we've been working on instead..." time and time again... I'm a software developer n if my company did this we'd be out of business.... But it's ok to do this in games development for some reason.

Just some food for thought...  

Archived