scorched earth Wildcard, you have one chance to salvage the community.

MrDynamicMan

3 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

It's hard to test "the time it takes to get one and bring it over to the island" accurately if one were to resort to using admin commands.

OK so then based on this response I can surmise that no, you have not actually and/or legitimately been able to enact the scenario in which you claimed would play out?

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
Just now, GDP said:

OK so then based on this response I can surmise that no, you have not actually and/or legitimately been able to enact the scenario in which you claimed would play out?

It is taking me more time to find a wyvern egg (much less hatch a good level wyvern) than it is for me to find a high level quetzal, yes.

4 minutes ago, ciabattaroll said:

It is taking me more time to find a wyvern egg (much less hatch a good level wyvern) than it is for me to find a high level quetzal, yes.

Have you thought about ever running for political office?  Cant just outright admit to it when I asked you if you were just basing all that off what the devs told you?

If youre curious this seems to be first hand accountings of such encounters https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/343785574522261449/?ctp=2

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, GDP said:

Have you thought about ever running for political office?  Cant just outright admit to it when I asked you if you were just basing all that off what the devs told you?

If youre curious this seems to be first hand accountings of such encounters https://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/0/343785574522261449/?ctp=2

I am not certain what causes you to fail to understand what's being said. They've said that the amount of time and effort involved in bringing SE creatures like the wyvern over to the Island is comparable to taming an appropriately sized force to counteract them. All your thread has stated is that people spawning creatures using admin commands are beating up creatures one on one.

8 hours ago, Purrmaster said:

I'm concerned about being able to transfer Scorched Earth critters into the main game.  I can see how that could kind of screw people who haven't bought the DLC.  Though apparently you can get the Scorched Earth critters in the main maps without buying the DLC.

[...]

All that being said, I don't think the DLC counts as pay to win.  Pay to win is something like: "Give us 5 bucks and we'll advance you 10 levels" or "Give us 5 bucks and we'll drop powerful in game weapons into your inventory."

1. Yeah, that's what really puts me off. It feels to manipulative.

2. Some would argue the whip that unarms people is just that sort of powerful weapon... Or that the wyverns, when mounted, are one type of weapon...

If there would be so much communications for the broken things in P+, or atleast 5% of it, we would be really lucky. Its an Official DLC too, but there is really no Effort put into it. No Matter, if WC needs Money, if they planned the DLC longer. There is no Trust, if they dont work on their DLC and there is no Trust in their Promisses. 

SE just broke more Things in P+ like fishing (Impossible because of an Fatal Error), after restarting the P+ Clay turns into SE Clay and isnt longer usable, Mobs drop Item Caches right now, the Amount of Limestone and Clay is much less then before.

Nothing was fixed, of the Tons of Bugs they was there before, we only got Promisses, but there was nothing in the last Patches. That is why a lot of People i know, dont buy this DLC. I dont cry about 20 €, i have a Problem to buy from a Company, who doesnt obviously care their Customers and Products.

54 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

2. Some would argue the whip that unarms people is just that sort of powerful weapon... Or that the wyverns, when mounted, are one type of weapon...

Both fair points.  The item engrams, at least, should be made available to all players on all servers whether they have the expansion or not.

4 hours ago, Kimsie said:

There are safe-guards to the transfer back over to the island, limiting per tribe per day. So they can only transfer so much over and a cool down is in place. So people can't just go back and forth.

Wyverns are Glass Cannons.If not careful you could easily get them stuck. We've had this happen.

The fire wyvern requires you to get really close and it is not easy to aim.

The poison Wyvern has the longest range attack but it is not a very fast

The lightening Wyvern, while it is the easier one to aim seems to drain the stamina the fastest

All of them when using their attacks have a stamina drain. They are vulnerable to projectile attacks - This is a Wyverns Worst nightmare - http://ark.gamepedia.com/Minigun_Turret. They have large turning Circles which means players need to make sure each hit counts or they will spend quite a lot of time spinning around trying to hit targets (Cough me)

The Wyvern is also a Hazard to your own side and allies as it will give them the full wrath of its damage if you accidently or deliberately aim at them.

20 minutes ago, SlipperySquid said:

We currently have got ARK prime engrams/ Scorched Earth engrams Does this mean the next paid DLC will be Tech Tier engrams?

No I've stated before and will repeat, the main game has around 60-70% of its content in-game. They have not stopped working on the Main game and Tek tier is part of the core of the game. Any further arks will Most likely get the same treatment as Scorched earth.

If you want to see a sneak peak at Tek tier:

If you would like Factual and actually sourced information on what is going into the game: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_Features people have collected items from the Digest

18 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

So was desert biomes... or is this still coming?

I will refer you to the qoute,

Survivor, charliecatmur asks, “Will we ever have a desert biome”

Answer:

In a manner of speaking, yes, and a lot of it!

http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110/discussions/7/521643320372245391/

15 hours ago, Rickyh24 said:

Desert was used as a selling point to the core game and now they are charging more for it. That's a bad look. 

I don't think the devs ever said where the desert biome would be, just that there would be desert. They were just innocent hints at an upcoming update. Those are our own assumptions we are fighting over.

And I love that they kept it a secret. Other companies try to hype the hell out of everything months in advance. We didn't see a trailer for it until the day of. That says a lot about wildcard. 

26 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

So was desert biomes... or is this still coming?

It was a good idea to keep this biome separate on its own server. Had it been put on the island, it would have almost no meaning, regardless of how much time was put into developing it. Everyone just would have flown over it in seconds with their pteras, argies, quetz. There's no way the devs could have put any of the survival feel into this biome that it currently has, had they done that. 

Further, I just want to say that I could probably find at least one post in the suggestion forum that covers every single game mechanic in this expansion. I feel the community created this content and Wildcard is merely the middleman that provided it for us.

39 minutes ago, Kaedan said:

Answer:

Then what I said was correct. Desert biomes were promised, but instead they're sold as DLC. Thank you for clearing that up!

Just now, Kaedan said:

No, again I refer you to the quote

It does not say "Yes there will be a desert biome attached/added to the Island"

It is not promised in the core game by that quote.

Not by that quote, no. But it is promised by the Steam page : )
"Planned Core Features include, among many other things:
[...]
- More biome types, including deserts, snow regions, swamps, and more."

4 hours ago, Kaedan said:

No I've stated before and will repeat, the main game has around 60-70% of its content in-game. They have not stopped working on the Main game and Tek tier is part of the core of the game. Any further arks will Most likely get the same treatment as Scorched earth.

If you want to see a sneak peak at Tek tier:

If you would like Factual and actually sourced information on what is going into the game: http://ark.gamepedia.com/Upcoming_Features people have collected items from the Digest

How can you be sure that this will not be a paid expansion for the game. Honestly i do not mind either way it would bring the game up to about 80ish dollars which is a fair end price we should be paying for a full game. I would rather we have to pay for these expansions then they add in a ohh your paid for early access now you have to pay 60 dollars for the full game as well.

5 hours ago, Kimsie said:

Not by that quote, no. But it is promised by the Steam page : )
"Planned Core Features include, among many other things:
[...]
- More biome types, including deserts, snow regions, swamps, and more."

I'll agree with you on this one Kimsie, they need to reword that part of the Steam page (although, now that I think about it they may not be able to).  Plans change during game development, and I think most people understand that when more detailed plans were formed for the development of the Desert the decision was to do it in a big way instead of shoehorning an extremely limited version of it onto the current map.

Personally, I MUCH prefer the larger desert biome... and I don't begrudge them charging for something that required so much work.

I'll also point out that they were trying to clue us that desert biome development had turned into something else (with the article linked above) without letting the cat out of the bag over a year ago.

7 hours ago, Kaedan said:

Answer:

You're gonna put ciabattaroll out of a job soon. 

Another thing to mention. Isn't it great how perfectly polished SE is? All the critters are well balanced and each are useful. I'm so happy that the devs worked so hard on ensuring balanced dinos in the DLC. 

Except, if, ya know, people hadn't been waiting for legacy dino balance since... February, was it?  

9 hours ago, Kaedan said:

No, again I refer you to the quote

It does not say "Yes there will be a desert biome attached/added to the Island"

It is not promised in the core game by that quote.

You can't be serous. It says it will be part of the core game. 

"Planned core features include: 

more biomes: including desert. "

Not sure what you are reading. 

On September 2, 2016 at 4:47 AM, ciabattaroll said:

Which doesn't really make matters better as you're basically giving off the air that people wouldn't have been huffy about Wildcard "taking away time and manpower that could have been used on finishing the main game" if only it were free.

Which would have been the scenario, yes, had the expansion not been gated behind $20.

He is right, and your right too- but morally WC is guttered since the base game should have been completed first. End of story. All other excuses.. Here is the trash bin >>>>><<<<<<<<

Archived